Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2017, 10:13 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,180,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
97% of PP services are not related to abortion. They are things like routine general care, mammograms, cancer screenings, etc. About 20% of women use PP as their primary care provider.
I would like some sort of link to back that up.

Are we really arguing over 3% of their services? I have a hard time believing that.

I just remembered I posted a House and Senate report on PP. I may have to look that up.

UPDATE:
House Final Report

Senate: HUMAN FETAL TISSUE RESEARCH: CONTEXT AND CONTROVERSY

Old 04-14-2017, 10:16 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
He understands the shifting winds of the media and how they would portray this.

He decided not to take the hit.

People will think he is a coward or trying to hide, or both... it's probably the wiser decision to not flaunt this.

By the way - are there any stats that back up PP's spending, since many make the claim that they provide many more services than abortion?

If PP has serving women as their top priority - continue the other services and stop abortions in states that won't pay for it.
Or he could be a coward that can't take the heat.

Planned Parenthood's Services - FactCheck.org

Fact Check: How Does Planned Parenthood Spend That Government Money? : It's All Politics : NPR

But I suspect you don't really want to know the truth or you would have researched it before.

Old 04-14-2017, 10:26 AM

20,459 posts, read 12,379,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
97% of PP services are not related to abortion. They are things like routine general care, mammograms, cancer screenings, etc. About 20% of women use PP as their primary care provider.
yet 80% of their revenue is....

beyond that they give MILLIONS of dollars to democrat politicians every year.... millions they wouldn't have if they didn't get millions from the government.

PP is an arm of the democrat party and we should not be paying them to play politics.

There is no cut to the funding of women's health services. Just to 1 single provider that commits abortion more than any other organization, and pays democrat politicians to protect them.

Old 04-14-2017, 10:30 AM

20,459 posts, read 12,379,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Or he could be a coward that can't take the heat.

Planned Parenthood's Services - FactCheck.org

Fact Check: How Does Planned Parenthood Spend That Government Money? : It's All Politics : NPR

But I suspect you don't really want to know the truth or you would have researched it before.
its interesting how your "fact check" link states its "party lines" but only gives what they claim is wrong with the republican line. nothing at all about the democrats.

the fact is Fact Check is run by progressives. Its not a fact check at all. its a cover for progressive policy.

Old 04-14-2017, 10:32 AM

37,802 posts, read 41,008,695 times
So, he doesn't aid and abet woman and doctors murdering babies. You libs slay me. You're so big on science and tech but you can't look at a sonogram and say what you see.

Old 04-14-2017, 10:38 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,930,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
yet 80% of their revenue is....

beyond that they give MILLIONS of dollars to democrat politicians every year.... millions they wouldn't have if they didn't get millions from the government.

PP is an arm of the democrat party and we should not be paying them to play politics.

There is no cut to the funding of women's health services. Just to 1 single provider that commits abortion more than any other organization, and pays democrat politicians to protect them.
If they supported Republicans you'd be changing your tune

Old 04-14-2017, 10:44 AM

57,269 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
So, he doesn't aid and abet woman and doctors murdering babies. You libs slay me. You're so big on science and tech but you can't look at a sonogram and say what you see.
He is allowing states to take away services from poor women, maybe he should close your primary care physician.

Old 04-14-2017, 10:48 AM

78,404 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Trump helping the women he adores by removing their health services,
Actually he didn't do that. He's not cutting anything but merely giving each state the power to control it's own destiny on the topic.

Old 04-14-2017, 10:52 AM

1,619 posts, read 1,101,550 times
So many women need planned parent hood for things like contraception and screenings. Planned parenthood is not an abortion factory. I am so sick of men dictating what women can and can't do with their own health and bodies.

Old 04-14-2017, 10:56 AM

23,219 posts, read 29,040,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theluckygal View Post
Good. Preserve native population from going extinct. Liberals lost Europe but we still have some hope with few patriots left in the govt. I am an immigrant & its pathetic to see how the citizens are being mistreated in their own country.
Yes, let's not go the route of Japan (a million older people dying every year and not being replaced) or dying Russia, where they can't get Russian women to have babies even with a gun to their heads. Russia keeps shriveling every day and Putin should talk tough??????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies