Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2017, 12:47 PM

39,077 posts, read 51,218,516 times

Advertisements

Trump can't find a war he doesn't like. Who knew?

Old 04-14-2017, 06:05 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,095,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Really worked out so well that last time.

When Daddy Bush sent our guys over in 1992

You do know it was Bubby that put our troops into the mess that got 18 killed, and 77 wounded right?

Some of the survivors have publicly spelled out all the strategic, and tactical blunders that Bubby made that got all our soldiers killed, and wounded.

Bill Clinton was a complete buffoon when it came to military strategy.

Old 04-14-2017, 06:56 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,531,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
You do know it was Bubby that put our troops into the mess that got 18 killed, and 77 wounded right?
It was Daddy Bush who sent our guys to Somalia, not Clinton.

Quote:
Some of the survivors have publicly spelled out all the strategic, and tactical blunders that Bubby made that got all our soldiers killed, and wounded.

Bill Clinton was a complete buffoon when it came to military strategy.
Such a shame that Daddy Bush put our guys there so that Clinton could foul up a dumb operation that he should never have inherited in the first place.

MISSION TO SOMALIA - Bush Declares Goal in Somalia to 'Save Thousands' - NYTimes.com

Bush orders U.S. troops to Somalia - Dec 04, 1992 - HISTORY.com

Brilliant military strategy.

At least Clinton's SecDef Les Aspin had the decency to die of a heart attack shortly afterwards.

Old 04-14-2017, 07:03 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,484,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Didn't y'all see him in that cute little military school officer uniform? Course this could just be the manifestation of guilt syndrome for ducking out on the whole Vietnam thingy.

Old 04-14-2017, 07:14 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,095,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
It was Daddy Bush who sent our guys to Somalia, not Clinton.

Such a shame that Daddy Bush put our guys there so that Clinton could foul up a dumb operation that he should never have inherited in the first place.

MISSION TO SOMALIA - Bush Declares Goal in Somalia to 'Save Thousands' - NYTimes.com

Bush orders U.S. troops to Somalia - Dec 04, 1992 - HISTORY.com

Brilliant military strategy.

At least Clinton's SecDef Les Aspin had the decency to die of a heart attack shortly afterwards.
Nice try, but....

Yes, Bush Sr. sent the troops in initially, but it was for a humanitarian operation. Bush's humanitarian operation was very successful, and ended the famine, and mass starvation.

It was Bubby Bill that sent the troops in for combat operations to capture Aidid, which caused the poor result you are referring to in your previous post.

If Bill Clinton wasn't so incompetent, we could've gotten Aidid months early, before he went into hiding without any real risks to US troops, and Somali citizens.

Bubby made the same mistake with Bin Laden, Bubby has several chances to get him before he went into hiding, but balked.

Old 04-14-2017, 07:16 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
Wish President Bonkers would get over his love affair with the generals. They'll bury all of us.
I mean, I thought he was supposed to be less hawkish than Hillary.

Though no doubt in my mind that Hillary would have done something in Syria as well.

The MOAB though? I'm not so sure.

Taunting Kim Jon Whatever on twitter? Nope, for sure.

Fingers crossed that North Korea doesn't do something stupid this week-end and our President respond in kind.

Old 04-14-2017, 10:38 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,531,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Nice try, but....

Yes, Bush Sr. sent the troops in initially, but it was for a humanitarian operation. Bush's humanitarian operation was very successful, and ended the famine, and mass starvation.
That was a whole lot to get done in a month.

Quote:
It was Bubby Bill that sent the troops in for combat operations to capture Aidid, which caused the poor result you are referring to in your previous post.

If Bill Clinton wasn't so incompetent, we could've gotten Aidid months early, before he went into hiding without any real risks to US troops, and Somali citizens.

Bubby made the same mistake with Bin Laden, Bubby has several chances to get him before he went into hiding, but balked.

There was another Bush who let Bin Laden slip away for 8 years.

You didn't mention that for some reason.

Old 04-14-2017, 10:55 PM

3,836 posts, read 1,784,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Yemen
Syria
Afghanistan
Somalia

...all in under 3 months. Which country is next in the to-meddle list?

Oh, and anyone who replies with "but Obama did this and that" can go ahead and take a seat. That sort of rationale reminds me of kids who try to get out of trouble by whining to their parents that their friend did whatever bad deed too.
Someone on here just mentioned we sent troops to Poland recently as well. And what about our ship that turned around to head toward N. Korea. Trump is the last person I want in charge right now.

Old 04-14-2017, 11:06 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,424,594 times
I think when he fired those missiles into Syria, the absolute POWER he felt at his finger tips inflated his ego exponentially.

Don't hold you're breath if you think he's done. He's never going to stop now.

Old 04-15-2017, 07:12 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post

I guess you want to forget, his declaration to destroy Jihad.
"I'd bomb the crap out of them"

I'd call it assassination, before I would call it war.
Fighting terrorist with terror.

They declared a Holy War and Trump unlike Obama, is making sure 72 virgins are lined up for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies