Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2017, 08:33 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times

Advertisements

A Liberal is Fed Up With Liberals
liberals-fed-up-with-liberals.html

- I am tired of their undisguised contempt for tens of millions of Americans, with no effort to temper their response
- I am tired of their name-calling and virtue-signaling as signs of supposedly high intelligence.
- I am tired of their trendiness, jumping on every left-liberal bandwagon then acting like anyone not on board is an idiot/hater.
- I am tired of their shallowness.
- I am tired of their unexamined snobbery and condescension.
- I am tired of their acceptance of vulgarity and sarcastic,
- I am tired of watching them raise clueless kids

Old 04-15-2017, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
LIBERAL, “Classic” versus “New”

The Classic Liberal (18th century) supported ideas such as free and fair elections, freedom of the press, freedom of religion, free trade, and a right to life, liberty, and private property ownership.

The New Liberal (21st century) supports ideas such as social justice, expropriation of property for the benefit of the needy, compelled labor for the benefit of another, and government management of the economy. Those ideas are contrary to classical liberalism, and are an assault upon absolute ownership of private property, natural and personal liberty and the freedom to exercise same.

So for all practical purposes, the revolution in 1776 resulted in a victory for CLASSIC LIBERALISM.
Compelled labor for the benefit of another ... hmm, when was that practiced before?

When Democrats and classic Liberals don't stand up to the policing of speech, they surrender control of their party to its most extreme elements and that's what is happening today.

Old 04-15-2017, 08:56 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,925,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post

- I am tired of their undisguised contempt for tens of millions of Americans, with no effort to temper their response
- I am tired of their name-calling and virtue-signaling as signs of supposedly high intelligence.
- I am tired of their trendiness, jumping on every left-liberal bandwagon then acting like anyone not on board is an idiot/hater.
Hhhmmm are you one of those all too common folks (especially as of late) who're purportedly claiming to have been, many many moons ago, a liberal?

Funny but I don't believe you either.

Old 04-15-2017, 08:57 AM

4,851 posts, read 2,284,357 times
Quote:

I am an indie, and so have no love for either side that operates from ideology instead of common sense on each issue, but most of the allegations made here could equally pertain to conservatives , with a few mostly conserve habits replacing the ones not apt about them.

For example, most of the terms I first heard growing up in Texas, where I still happily reside, were about minorities and liberals . The racial ones are well known and need no repeating, plus the ones like lib_tard, Dim-ocrat, etc. I have heard nothing but contempt for Dem voters since the Reagan revolution . (It was understood you could be conservative AND Democrat before then ). The first time I ever decided to vote for a Dem POTUS candidate, my then preacher friend told me he would "pray for me".

This is no defense of the Hillary style liberals. I have no use for the modern variety , but the right and far right is just as bad, just about different things.

It has always been my policy that partisan ideology short circuits the brain. This applies to both ( or all) sides and varieties of it.

Liberalism isnt the only flavor of partisan nutbutter.

Old 04-15-2017, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
Hhhmmm are you one of those all too common (as of late) folks who're claiming to have been, many many moons ago, a liberal?

Funny but I don't believe you either.
Actually, if you would have read my post before jumping to attack and ASSume, you would have noted that my post was a quote from a Liberal who is fed up with today's liberals. You should read it.

Old 04-15-2017, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
This is no defense of the Hillary style liberals. I have no use for the modern variety , but the right and far right is just as bad, just about different things.

It has always been my policy that partisan ideology short circuits the brain. This applies to both ( or all) sides and varieties of it.

Liberalism isnt the only flavor of partisan nutbutter.
Yep, there are far right and far left and neither realizes they are extremists.

Old 04-15-2017, 09:02 AM

4,851 posts, read 2,284,357 times
Quote:
Actually, if you would have read my post before jumping to attack and ASSume, you would have noted that my post was a quote from a Liberal who is fed up with today's liberals. You should read it.

Do you know what conserves would claim if someone were to post an anonymous letter purportedly from a conserve writing about why he was "fed up" with conserves?

Old 04-15-2017, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
Do you know what conserves would claim if someone were to post an anonymous letter purportedly from a conserve writing about why he was "fed up" with conserves?
Ok, I'll be silent <sarcasm>

I can't ASSume like you are ASSuming. Instead of ASSuming, why don't you test it out. Post something and we can see what happens.

Old 04-15-2017, 09:05 AM

19,025 posts, read 14,205,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personne View Post
I've seen many CD poster use that expression in order to demean some group I guess, and I truly don't understand.

What is wrong with social justice? Does it mean justice shouldn't be for the society or being just as a society is wrong ? I just can't grasp what it means to you.

In the name of all the lurkers here, thank you for answering.
JUSTICE is giving every man his DUE.
SOCIAL JUSTICE is taking from one man to give to another that which he is NOT due.

Old 04-15-2017, 09:07 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,925,181 times
Quote:

Sheeesh what a crybully
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies