Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2017, 04:01 PM

46,267 posts, read 27,088,282 times

Advertisements

I'm gonna think of this from the leftist point of view that the OP obviously thinks....

"for the first time in my life, I'm proud of my country" (paraphrased, leftist)

Well, hell....that's not what she meant....

Not America first (paraphrased-semi-sorta-kinda-rightie)

Well, hell....that's exactly what he meant....

The f'n hypocrisy is amazing here...

LOLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ................. .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2017, 04:08 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
I'm gonna think of this from the leftist point of view that the OP obviously thinks....

"for the first time in my life, I'm proud of my country" (paraphrased, leftist)

Well, hell....that's not what she meant....

Not America first (paraphrased-semi-sorta-kinda-rightie)

Well, hell....that's exactly what he meant....

The f'n hypocrisy is amazing here...

LOLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ................. .
But that's what he said. And seeing as how you're defending him, you share his philosophy.

Why aren't you guys America Firsters?

Old 04-14-2017, 04:27 PM

46,267 posts, read 27,088,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
But that's what he said. And seeing as how you're defending him, you share his philosophy.

Why aren't you guys America Firsters?
Hey dd, do you really want to go tit-for-tat on what words stated, by those said, with what obama has stated, really (or any dem)? If you want, lets go...

I'll start by, under my plan, all will have insurance (paraphrased, obamas words).

For the first time, I'm proud of my country (care to give a shot at who sad this)?

Old 04-14-2017, 04:39 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,154,780 times
I guess Krauthammer thinks Americans should be last, but he has a good paying job so it doesn't matter to him about the rest of the ones who don't . So much for this guy .. does not care about other Americans who are struggling to make it . All those people homeless, broke, living in shacks, he lives good so he doesn't give a hoot about anyone else. It shows by his words.

Old 04-14-2017, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Hey dd, do you really want to go tit-for-tat on what words stated, by those said, with what obama has stated, really (or any dem)? If you want, lets go...

I'll start by, under my plan, all will have insurance (paraphrased, obamas words).

For the first time, I'm proud of my country (care to give a shot at who sad this)?
Make a thread and I'll respond. This one is about cha boy Chucky!

Why don't you believe in America First?

Old 04-14-2017, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I guess Krauthammer thinks Americans should be last, but he has a good paying job so it doesn't matter to him about the rest of the ones who don't . So much for this guy .. does not care about other Americans who are struggling to make it . All those people homeless, broke, living in shacks, he lives good so he doesn't give a hoot about anyone else. It shows by his words.
Stop it. You're a Krauthammer fan.

Old 04-14-2017, 06:36 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times
Quote:
I can't believe that Charles Krauthammer...a conservative icon, can say this publicly, and no one cares. And please Conservatives, don't tell me that he isn't a conservative because Krauthammer is THE go to guy on television the way that Limbaugh is the go to guy on radio. He's been a major conservative figure of the right wing in print and later on, television, for decades.

Of course, many of us already knew that he's actually an Israel Firster just like a huge number of his Republican cohorts, but I NEVER expected him to say this publicly and with such insouciance. Quote:

Lol...unbelievable!! Again, I'm only shocked that he actually said it, not that he actually believes it.

Krauthammer: 'I'm Not an America Firster' - 'I Welcome' Shifts In Trump Foreign Policy Doctrine
He's not a conservative icon because he's not a conservative. Building up the military to be policemen of the world isn't conservative.

Krauthammer wants to spread American exceptionalism around the world. How is that conservative? rhetorical
"President Bush remains apparently sincere in his determination to rid the world of Hussein and his weapons." yea that sounds conservative

Krauthammer is a interventionist and wants the U.S. in more wars. True conservatives are non interventionists as our forefathers wanted.

Old 04-14-2017, 06:38 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times
Quote:
Stop it. You're a Krauthammer fan.
Dunno why you say you don't like him. He's a war monger like your buddy obama.

Old 04-14-2017, 06:41 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,729,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
No, he did not. He supported McCain. He was, in fact, a liberal at one point, but that was many, many years ago.
Well, McCain is actually a liberal, he just won't admit it.

As for Krauthammer...don't like him. So you got me on that one.

Old 04-14-2017, 07:17 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,670,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hound 109 View Post

Why would an American be anything but "American First" ??
Why would an iranian be anything than IRAN FIRST?

Why would the founders of this country be anything other than "King First"?

There is nothing on our birth certificates telling us how to be. If I consider myself a citizen of the Navajo tribe, of the Crip street gang or of the "one world peaceful buddhists", i's all good and well.

To turn the question around - why would I exalt to the highest level a country which still has abject racism, a tendency for violence the world over and a bunch of lazy people who seem content to live in single-wides and make meth in soda bottles.

I certainly want to protect (or help protect) the LAND MASS and I do pay all my taxes and volunteer, teach and do other things to help people. But I never think "I am helping Americans"....I am thinking that I am helping my fellow human beings.

As far as Denmark I had extensive experience there with everything from ship building to boiler and stove making. Cradle to Grave health care, 35 hours per week work, high pay (unions), 5 weeks vacation, family time to raise your kids, etc.

A FAR superior system to ours.

So buy and wave those giant foam fingers (we are #1). I will instead concentrate on actually attempting to improve this place so we can be maybe #30 in health care instead of #37.

Maybe we can cut the debt down to size and help people here instead of blowing up rocks at a cost of millions...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies