Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2017, 02:59 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,530,402 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
They're going to lose their health insurance anyway when the ONE insurer in their Obamacare market drops out because despite the premiums and deductibles being so outrageously high that the middle class pays thousands of $$$ in premiums but can't afford to actually access any of that health care, they're still losing money. What's the plan for that? Hmmm???
How many years did the republicans have to work on a better plan? They have done nothing except complain. Now you wonder why people go to the town hall meetings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2017, 03:02 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,889,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whocares811 View Post
From the article:

The senator continued to take questions until after 9:30 p.m. In his final remarks, he thanked the crowd.

"This is what democracy looks like. This has been a great evening," he said.

"(Expletive) you," one man shot back.

I voted for the Democrat POTUS candidate from 1972 through 2008, but I am now definitely NOT a Democrat. The above is just one example as to why I no longer have any respect for extreme liberals -- which now seems to be MOST liberals -- because so many of them seem to have NO respect for others unless they are fellow liberals and/or part of a minority. (And, yes, the same can be said of many Republicans/conservatives, which is why I voted for third-party candidates in the 2012 and 2016 elections.)

Btw, I live in Colorado, and I know nothing about Mr. Flake except what I read in the article, but I have great admiration for how he stuck it out. I hope that if he actually is a moderate Republican, that he will not only win his seat again in 2018, but that he will be considered for an even more prominent position in the future.
In the last few months since Trump won, Flake has turned into a politican that I don't respect. He sold out to the President. I regret voting for him in 2012.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krichton View Post
Being a moderate GOP member is pretty meaningless these days because the GOP as a whole supports far right wing policies and he and every other "moderate" republican just goes along with it.
Yep. Flake is a Flake. He went from being along with McCain and against the 2013 Government shut-down. Then in 2015-6 he was against Trump due to ragging on McCain's war history, then in 2017 he falls inline and votes Trump puppets like Betsy DeVos into their cabinet post. I don't mind Rockefeller Republicans, but don't sell out on it. McCain is worse, DeVos paid him off and he voted her in.

Last edited by mkpunk; 04-15-2017 at 03:45 PM..

Old 04-15-2017, 03:08 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,072,175 times
Quote:
They're going to lose their health insurance anyway when the ONE insurer in their Obamacare market drops out because despite the premiums and deductibles being so outrageously high that the middle class pays thousands of $$$ in premiums but can't afford to actually access any of that health care, they're still losing money. What's the plan for that? Hmmm???
What's the Republicans' plan, hmmm???

Oh, yeah, that's right, they have no plan (despite having years to develop one) other than to pull insurance away from 20+ million people. Great plan there.

THAT's why Republicans are showing up at these town halls. They were promised a great healthcare plan that would cover all Americans and be affordable. In other words, they were lied to, blatantly and without shame, and now they are demanding accountability. And you think they should shut up, sit down, and quietly accept that they were lied to. Too bad for you, many disagree.

Old 04-15-2017, 03:48 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,140,268 times
I saw this on PBS. People shouted "Shame!" at him. Great.

Old 04-15-2017, 04:25 PM

89,002 posts, read 44,804,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
How many years did the republicans have to work on a better plan? They have done nothing except complain. Now you wonder why people go to the town hall meetings.
Doesn't matter. All those who insist on keeping Obamacare will get their wish, and lose their insurance when the ONE insurer in their Obamacare market drops out. They'll get exactly what they deserve: nothing.

Old 04-15-2017, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
What's the Republicans' plan, hmmm???
Give in to the Dems and protesters insisting on keeping Obamacare. They'll get their wish, and lose their insurance when the ONE insurer in their Obamacare market drops out. They'll get exactly what they deserve: nothing.

Old 04-15-2017, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Give in to the Dems and protesters insisting on keeping Obamacare. They'll get their wish, and lose their insurance when the ONE insurer in their Obamacare market drops out. They'll get exactly what they deserve: nothing.
You didn't answer the question. Where is the Republican's plan?

Yes, people--Democrats and Republicans alike--want to keep Obamacare because the GOP has offered nothing to replace it. What part of that do you not understand?

Having health insurance is better than not having health insurance, even with high deductibles. Trust me, I know. I can pay down a $2,000 deductible and a $2,000 out of pocket, but I can't easily pay down a $300,000 hospital bill.

People wouldn't be asking to keep the ACA if the GOP had fulfilled their promise to replace it with something better. Right now Obamacare is all we've got.

And you can thank the GOP for that.

Old 04-15-2017, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
You didn't answer the question. Where is the Republican's plan?
That IS the plan: Give in to the Dems and protesters insisting on keeping Obamacare. They'll get their wish, and lose their insurance when the ONE insurer in their Obamacare market drops out. They'll get exactly what they deserve: nothing. But that's what they want, so let them have it. /shrug

Old 04-15-2017, 04:47 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,889,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
I saw this on PBS. People shouted "Shame!" at him. Great.
He deserves it for 180-ing on Trump. He went from not endorsing Trump to rubber stamping his policies.

Old 04-15-2017, 04:57 PM

Quote:
That IS the plan: Give in to the Dems and protesters insisting on keeping Obamacare.
So there never was a plan. It was all lie after lie after lie by Trump and the GOP. Thank you for admitting that.

Quote:
They'll get their wish
No, our wish is for that awesome plan Trump promised us. You remember, the one that was going to be wonderful, will cover everyone, and be inexpensive. Where is THAT plan?

Quote:
They'll get exactly what they deserve: nothing.
So the Trump supporters deserve nothing?

Quote:
But that's what they want, so let them have it. /shrug
It's not what we want, it's all that's available at this moment because the GOP LIED TO EVERYONE. They have absolutely nothing to put in its place. If there was something better--as promised--then we would not be fighting to keep the ACA.

But even Republicans are showing up to demand the GOP not take away the ACA BECAUSE THERE IS NOTHING ELSE. Do you get that? When the ACA is gone, millions of Americans are out in the cold. And there are plenty of Republicans who realize it and are pissed off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies