Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2017, 12:39 PM

2,771 posts, read 2,301,494 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slater View Post

Remember that whole military optical gunsight controversy some time ago?:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trijic...es_controversy
This reminds me. For quite some time, if you clicked on the link for NC Vanity Plates on the DMV website, the example began with WTF. (They finally removed that.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2017, 12:39 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
I don't know what is more ridiculous-- the CAtholic University objecting to Chick Fil A for their values based on 'Christianity'...or the reactions from folks here.

I like Chick Fil about once a year. I figure for the 0.000001 cent they donate to causes intent on banning same sex anyything...I can give five bucks to a LGBTQ charity that fights for equal rights and we all win... I get my Chick Fil A sauce, frozen lemon ade and the LGBTQ charity gets some money.

Old 04-15-2017, 12:42 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,882,876 times
Quote:
I'm trying to understand this. It's a fast food joint that's known for it's chicken sandwiches and evidently has Conservative ownership. So why don't these students avoid patronizing the place if it bothers them?

Who knew a chicken sandwich could be so emotionally shattering?

Students fear new Chick-fil-A will create unsafe space on campus - Washington Times
Foolish, Misguided Snow Flakes, and it is not like Chick has a Cross with Jesus on it in front of the Restaurant. They are a respectable business which have standards and they are Closed on Sundays.

The Only danger is the Snow Flakes will storm and attack those workers, burn the business down, which go to school on the same campus.

Old 04-15-2017, 12:49 PM

6,746 posts, read 3,361,971 times
Quote:
Well, I suppose they could open a restaurant next door to it called "ISIS Kebabs"
My personal favorite would be the Allah Snack Bar.

Old 04-15-2017, 12:55 PM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
They are at a private Catholic university -- bet they went to Catholic school growing up.
I doubt it. My youngest child's best friend since 3rd grade is in grad school at Notre Dame, a very well-known and highly ranked private Catholic university. Said friend is a very orthodox Jew. My youngest has been celebrating Seder with their family for nearly two decades.

Old 04-15-2017, 01:04 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I doubt it. My youngest child's best friend since 3rd grade is in grad school at Notre Dame, a very well-known and highly ranked private Catholic university. Said friend is a very orthodox Jew. My youngest has been celebrating Seder with their family for nearly two decades.

I went to Catholic schools all my life, except university. The majority was always Catholic. Yes they allowed others...

this is a relative small school, I suspect majority are Catholic. This is NOT Notre Dame. Notre Dame is a much bigger and much more high profile university, I would expect it to be more diverse.

Old 04-15-2017, 01:12 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,582,296 times
Meh. We didn't have Chick-Fil-A where I grew up. I don't agree with the CEO's positions, but unless a company is actually using slave labor, I'm probably not going to boycott it, either.

So...one fine day last year, we stopped at the local franchise, and I had my first Chick-Fil-A meal. The chicken was tasty (do they put a drop of honey in there, or was that kiss of sweetness my imagination?), but the waffle fries sucked. I left with the impression that most of the fuss, both pro and con, is largely undeserved.

Old 04-15-2017, 01:32 PM

7,074 posts, read 8,934,859 times
Typical liberal BS, they support free speech but not for those that disagree with them, the Chick-Fil-A CEO has the right to hold evangelical fundamentalist beliefs, he is not putting signs in front of the restaurants that say "Christians Only"

Old 04-15-2017, 01:45 PM

3,458 posts, read 1,453,778 times
Quote:
I expect to see "DOWN WITH CHICKEN!" banners at the next LGBT parade
They can were cow udder hats!

Old 04-15-2017, 01:49 PM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
killer chicken!
Funny stuff right there.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies