Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2017, 02:16 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,495,351 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Hmm.

North Korea might be able to reduce Los Angeles or Sanfrancisco to radioactive dust with his new missiles and nukes. Would be quite a blow to the USA. However if they do, then the entire peninsula north of the DMZ will be vaporized in response.

The question is this. Will Kim Jung Un think he and his whores could survive such an action.
With soviet era tanks and jets, reverse engineered chicom reverse engineered soviet rifles/equipment... Pfft one okay maybe 2 F22 or F35s would take the air space due to 30-50 year old chicom soviet knock off fighter jets... Navy fleet in the area would make short work of key defenses...

Roll on the A10s and Abrams tanks to make short work of T55 soviet tanks. It would be like desert storm all over again... Wonder who in NK would deny troops in the area like that guy in Iraq did to preserve Saddam's godly image...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2017, 02:16 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,829,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow
It does worry me. This is another problem that is exclusively due to the failed Obama administration.
It worries me also!!!!!!

We knew trump would escalate things!!!

Last edited by Dude111; 04-15-2017 at 02:28 PM..

Old 04-15-2017, 02:20 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,797,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
With soviet era tanks and jets, reverse engineered chicom reverse engineered soviet rifles/equipment... Pfft one okay maybe 2 F22 or F35s would take the air space due to 30-50 year old chicom soviet knock off fighter jets... Navy fleet in the area would make short work of key defenses...

Roll on the A10s and Abrams tanks to make short work of T55 soviet tanks. It would be like desert storm all over again... Wonder who in NK would deny troops in the area like that guy in Iraq did to preserve Saddam's godly image...

North Korea is not a flat desert country, but a mountainous one which has been preparing for total war the last 60 years. Kim Jong Fat's army is antiquated, but surely capable of making enough damage to make the cost of a full-scale war unacceptable.

Old 04-15-2017, 02:22 PM

39,074 posts, read 51,209,674 times
I'm not worried about NK. They won't be the ones starting a war. Kim is not half the idiot our so-called president is.

Old 04-15-2017, 02:27 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,611,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Noooo. The fallout from Chernobyl reached Norway as its longest, and Oslo is 1000 miles from Chernobyl. These radiation levels were very low. Los Angeles is 6000 miles from Seoul.
Do you speak this as a loon?

Chernobyl was a civilian reactor that melted down without adequate containment. It wasn't a Nuke designed to kill people.

If Kim Un Jung decides to launch an ICBM to LA or SF and it isn't destroyed in the boost phase, there will absolutely be a lot of dead in California. Expect a 1,000,000 or more to be vaporized by by the blast, and another 2-5 million to die from radiation. Depending of course on the bomb yield.

Old 04-15-2017, 02:28 PM

46,263 posts, read 27,082,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I'm not worried about NK. They won't be the ones starting a war. Kim is not half the idiot our so-called president is.
No, he is YOUR President, nothing so called....

Just like obama was MY president....

Old 04-15-2017, 02:31 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,951,090 times
I'm enjoying reading this thread. The anti-American left wing shills are proudly stating their support and praise for North Korea and its leader. I wish all the libs would just move there already.

Old 04-15-2017, 02:33 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,584,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Why do I ask, because I'm not driven, motivated, or consumed by irrational fear and your further backing my point that this is a non issue... Rep points for you

Despite losing faith in humanity between the whole snowflake movement this election cycle, I haven't quite lost faith in the fact anyone with 2 functioning brain cells regardless of politics, knows the capabilities and effects of an all out nuclear war.
You'd have to be a special sort of stupid to think you're the only kid on the block with a big shiny toy...

Small scale, its like having 2 safes full of guns, living in a state thats gun friendly and reports granting a higher amount of concealed carry licenses than most others.
Do I flash my guns like a madman on my street in Kim style? No-A. Felony menacing and B. Knowing if I'm deemed a threat to life, or property, by anyone in my neighborhood I'd be shot dead. So I don't. While in NY I just had to worry about the neighbors calling the state troopers and them dispatched to come confiscate evil rifles... But since on the large scale NKs neighbors just ignore it... Until now with China saying what they've said, perhaps some neighbors are taking notice and just may act if he puts his finger inside the trigger guard...

But by all means as I've said before. It's your life if you choose to be scared and are driven by emotion thats your choice. I'm watching clouds roll listening to the Cadillac Three on a pool floatie finding irrational fears of an ill equipped regime comical...
You may have two functioning brain cells. Unfortunately, there are many who do not, and a brief glance at history will show that people have a nasty habit of not always acting in their own best interests.

Do I let my worries about war ruin my life? No.

Do I have them? Hell yes.

Old 04-15-2017, 02:35 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,584,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
I'm enjoying reading this thread. The anti-American left wing shills are proudly stating their support and praise for North Korea and its leader. I wish all the libs would just move there already.
Please show me an example of this alleged praise.

Old 04-15-2017, 02:43 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,495,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
North Korea is not a flat desert country, but a mountainous one which has been preparing for total war the last 60 years. Kim Jong Fat's army is antiquated, but surely capable of making enough damage to make the cost of a full-scale war unacceptable.
Mountains ah glad you mentioned it.

I take comfort investing in areospace and defense companies. Afghanistan is full of mountains too.
From our ordinances to targeting systems, I'm sure it's all been beta tested over there. Along with constant upgrades... Could probably take the air space with just apache choppers and drones equipped with hellfires...

Flir hide in those mountains. Flir will pick up heat signatures from footsteps on the ground. Gone are the days of hiding tanks and troops with ghillie suits and camo netting. Our military and technology is bigly advanced. They might shoot down an F4 phantom... They might knock the tracks off a Sherman... I doubt they could knock down or knock out anything in our, our allies arsenal, or Russia's arsenal...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies