Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-15-2017, 10:15 PM
 
1,553 posts, read 918,332 times
Reputation: 1659

Advertisements

Can you believe that,with all of the problems and difficulties facing the U.S., President Obama spent the day playing golf.Worse than Carter --- Donnie Trump, 10/13/2014


LMAO

Just HILARIOUS how this con man snookered the dumb rubes...

LMAO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-16-2017, 12:14 AM
 
Location: Texas
37,942 posts, read 17,722,603 times
Reputation: 10366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Market Junkie View Post
Can you believe that,with all of the problems and difficulties facing the U.S., President Obama spent the day playing golf.Worse than Carter --- Donnie Trump, 10/13/2014


LMAO

Just HILARIOUS how this con man snookered the dumb rubes...

LMAO
Yes We Can!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-16-2017, 12:40 AM
 
Location: Santa Monica
36,858 posts, read 17,218,392 times
Reputation: 14459
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloforLife View Post
Fiscal conservatives turn a blind eye and Trump has no problem cutting Meals on Wheels.
Give the Secret Service the meals. They can pass them out in their golf carts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-16-2017, 02:05 AM
 
10,719 posts, read 20,208,811 times
Reputation: 10019
What amazes me is how all of you (both liberals and conservatives) are so involved in gamesmanship that you can't even recognize it any longer.

Case in point, the OP is 100% correct. Conservatives/Republicans/Righties used to criticize Obama for playing golf. Now that your boy Trump is doing it, conservatives suddenly find it to be acceptable.

However, this hypocrisy does is not limited to the right.. Those on the left supported Obama in perpetuating the war in Iraq and starting one in Afghanistan when the very reason you voted for Obama was your reaction to Bush and his war mongering. When asked about this, the left justified all of Obama's war torn actions. Totally hypocrisy

So both of you guys play this game. Very few people are like myself who stay out of the games and the cheerleading and call out both sides when they deserve it.

You guys should be embarrassed. You've become mindless drones. You can't think for yourselves any longer and just tow your respective party's lines. You've essentially become a b$#$ of your party and are incapable of independent thought. Show some balls and don't feel like you have to tow the party line all the time. Sometimes, you need to call out your own party.

With regard to this issue, they all do it. Bush would go to Midland and chill on the ranch during a crisis. Obama would golf. Trump golfs. It's not a big deal. And yes, Trump is wasting a lot of tax payer money on securing his wife in New York and now in Florida. Yes, even you Republicans should admit that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-16-2017, 05:50 AM
 
7,185 posts, read 3,666,749 times
Reputation: 3174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Remember a year ago when conservatives criticized Obama when he played golf? Not only does Trump play golf a lot more often, it's costing US taxpayers plenty, forcing the Secret Service to fly frequently back and forth to Florida.

Trump's golf addiction -- otherwise known as his work avoidance -- is costing the taxpayer plenty. So far the Secret Service has spent $35,000 on golf cart rentals to protect the President. Wow. Total disregard for the taxpayer!

Secret Service has spent $35,000 on golf cart rentals since inauguration: report | TheHill
And, who do they pay to rent those maralago golf carts?

$35,000 for just one quarter's worth of golf carts... if he keeps up the pace, it will be $140,000 per year... $560,000 for 4 years. Over half a million dollars, just for golf carts at maralago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-16-2017, 06:53 AM
 
58,415 posts, read 26,752,393 times
Reputation: 14078
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Remember a year ago when conservatives criticized Obama when he played golf? Not only does Trump play golf a lot more often, it's costing US taxpayers plenty, forcing the Secret Service to fly frequently back and forth to Florida.

Trump's golf addiction -- otherwise known as his work avoidance -- is costing the taxpayer plenty. So far the Secret Service has spent $35,000 on golf cart rentals to protect the President. Wow. Total disregard for the taxpayer!

Secret Service has spent $35,000 on golf cart rentals since inauguration: report | TheHill
"CBS News reported that it had reviewed purchase orders showing $35,185 in costs for renting golf cart"

With "reporting" like this, I don't give them much credibility.

You get a "purchase" order when you PURCHASE (BUY) something, NOT when you RENT something. You get a "rental" receipt.

The again it is CBS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-16-2017, 07:03 AM
 
Location: Ft. Myers
19,719 posts, read 16,691,333 times
Reputation: 41861
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloforLife View Post
Fiscal conservatives turn a blind eye and Trump has no problem cutting Meals on Wheels.
Or, how many children could be fed from just the money wasted on one of Trump's numerous golf outings ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-16-2017, 07:34 AM
 
Location: NE Ohio
30,421 posts, read 20,185,350 times
Reputation: 8958
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Remember a year ago when conservatives criticized Obama when he played golf? Not only does Trump play golf a lot more often, it's costing US taxpayers plenty, forcing the Secret Service to fly frequently back and forth to Florida.

Trump's golf addiction -- otherwise known as his work avoidance -- is costing the taxpayer plenty. So far the Secret Service has spent $35,000 on golf cart rentals to protect the President. Wow. Total disregard for the taxpayer!

Secret Service has spent $35,000 on golf cart rentals since inauguration: report | TheHill
Were you as concerned about what Obama's trips cost us? And what about Mrs. Obama's vacations?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-16-2017, 07:37 AM
 
8,316 posts, read 4,288,656 times
Reputation: 11752
But he gave almost twice that amount the the NPS, so its OK.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-16-2017, 12:01 PM
 
Location: Missouri
4,272 posts, read 3,770,771 times
Reputation: 1937
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
What amazes me is how all of you (both liberals and conservatives) are so involved in gamesmanship that you can't even recognize it any longer.

Case in point, the OP is 100% correct. Conservatives/Republicans/Righties used to criticize Obama for playing golf. Now that your boy Trump is doing it, conservatives suddenly find it to be acceptable.

However, this hypocrisy does is not limited to the right.. Those on the left supported Obama in perpetuating the war in Iraq and starting one in Afghanistan when the very reason you voted for Obama was your reaction to Bush and his war mongering. When asked about this, the left justified all of Obama's war torn actions. Totally hypocrisy

So both of you guys play this game. Very few people are like myself who stay out of the games and the cheerleading and call out both sides when they deserve it.

You guys should be embarrassed. You've become mindless drones. You can't think for yourselves any longer and just tow your respective party's lines. You've essentially become a b$#$ of your party and are incapable of independent thought. Show some balls and don't feel like you have to tow the party line all the time. Sometimes, you need to call out your own party.

With regard to this issue, they all do it. Bush would go to Midland and chill on the ranch during a crisis. Obama would golf. Trump golfs. It's not a big deal. And yes, Trump is wasting a lot of tax payer money on securing his wife in New York and now in Florida. Yes, even you Republicans should admit that.
Obama did this...?

...perpetuating the war in Iraq...?
...starting one in Afghanistan...?

You might want to clarify your understanding of the facts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:56 AM.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top