Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2017, 06:08 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,656,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
Your question makes no sense. Why would Obama need to do something for people to hate a guy that brags about committing sexual assault, was accused of raping his wife, has scammed people going to his TU, has ripped off contractors working on his properties, and has repeatedly lied to the American people?

Trump is perfectly deserving of scorn and even hatred simply on his own . What does Obama have to do with any of it?
Not a thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2017, 06:20 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,284,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
All of these people are easily manipulated by the media. If the media turned around tomorrow (I know it won't happen) and started adoring Trump like they adored Obama, these easily manipulated lemmings would fall in line.
Its hilarious to read a post from someone who seems to support a candidate who openly bragged that his supporters would still follow him if he shot somebody dead in broad daylight call others lemmings.

The most mindless supporters in the world are Trump ones, hands down. Trump openly lied about things that were verifiable to anyone intelligent enough to hit play on a video and see his lie, and they still bought his lies hook, line, and sinker.

Old 04-16-2017, 06:23 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,587,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
Some people hate Trump because he is not an intellectual, doesn't use big words, and didn't go to law school.

The same reason other people like him.

The Democrats now think they're the party of science and intelligence, of love and compassion.

So half the voters reacted against that hypocrisy.
He's an anti-intellectual who brags about his intelligence, then speaks of his great love for the "under-educated," exploiting the adoration of people too blinded by said adoration to realize that they have just been insulted.

As for Democrats thinking we are the party of science, love, and all that, well...we currently have a president who has vilified entire groups of people based on their religion and/or ethnicity, and a vice president who apparently believes that the universe is 6,000 years old and that smoking isn't dangerous. I'm not claiming that the Democratic party is all roses and unicorns, but the current administration doesn't reflect very well on the Republicans, either.

Old 04-16-2017, 06:24 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,636,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
What did Obama ever do that gives you cause to hate Trump? I mean from the wild behavior of his haters you would think Barack authored the Magna Carta or something. He saved GM with our money and created a terrible healthcare program destined to fail. So what am I missing here?
umm well where does one start?

judging by your attempt to frame the issue as being about Obama, my guess is you have missed virtually every point made by anti trump folk here for the last two years.

But you can learn, we all can. I used to think global warming sounded like BS, but i saw evidence building and i decided to review it with an open mind. It took me no time at all to see i was not only completely wrong but decidedly narrow minded on the topic.

Old 04-16-2017, 06:27 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,284,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
Some people hate Trump because he is not an intellectual, doesn't use big words, and didn't go to law school.

The same reason other people like him.

The Democrats now think they're the party of science and intelligence, of love and compassion.

So half the voters reacted against that hypocrisy.

You folks are just clueless, arent you? I dont know a single person this would apply to.

Im not going to bother to repeat what I wrote for people with enough sense to read about why many of us dont like Trump in this thread, but it has absolutely zero to do with the gibberish you post here.

Old 04-16-2017, 06:32 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,656,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
The mere fact you think people hate Trump because of Obama is ignorant. It's the same as so many saying we hate Trump because Hillary wasn't elected.

Trump is a moron that cares about no one but himself, he shows us over and over again. He goes to Mara-a-lago almost every weekend. This benefits him, his business. No one else. It puts security at risk and costs the taxpayers millions.

He refuses to release his taxes to show there isn't a business conflict. What does he have to hide?

I could go on and on, but supporters don't care, there is always an inane defense.
It certainly seems that way. He can do and say almost anything and gets a free pass.

Old 04-16-2017, 06:39 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,287,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
It's a trick question! ( I just re-watched My Cousin Vinnie)
One of my favorite movies!

What is a yute?

Old 04-16-2017, 06:50 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,456,856 times
Quote:
What did Obama ever do that gives you cause to hate Trump? I mean from the wild behavior of his haters you would think Barack authored the Magna Carta or something. He saved GM with our money and created a terrible healthcare program destined to fail. So what am I missing here?
That is quite a leading question, and it does not follow that someone who may dislike Mr Trump automatically liked Mr Obama.

Perhaps you have forgotten a lot of us supported Gary Johnson or Evan McMullin. Some held their noses and voted for Trump and others held their noses and voted for Clinton.

That's history now, Mr Trump stands on his own, and he is chin deep in a dung hill of his own making.

No one compelled him to be such a reprehensible character with so many moral failings. He did that all on his own. He is the kind of man I wouldn't let near my daughter.

He is under some serious scrutiny now and I don't feel any obligation to support him nor defend him nor cover up for him with Trumpian alternative truths.

Old 04-16-2017, 07:02 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Default Simple question for Trump haters

Quote:

Simple answer:

It has nothing to do with Obama.

Your Obama hatred has clouded your ability to analyze. Get over it. He's been out of office for three months already. The GOP owns everything now.

In the case of tRump, people simply reflect the hatred he spews at them. Trumplings seem to hold a lot of resentment towards their fellow Americans, so they see tRump saying what they feel.

This pretty well covers it.

Old 04-16-2017, 07:15 PM

3,513 posts, read 6,377,015 times
Here is an answer to why I so dislike and distrust Trump, but that is not the same as hating him. I do feel sorry for him - I think he has led an incredibly miserable life that no amount of money could fix. My life, just like most of yours, has not been all milk and honey. Nevertheless I have the capacity for love, empathy, sympathy and compassion - all things that I believe he lacks.

He suffers from a range of psychological disorders that could get us all killed and destroy most of life on this planet. Perhaps some of his supporters suffer from some of these same disorders, albeit to a lesser extent. He may also be suffering from dementia to some degree.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...lity-disorders
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies