Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2017, 03:50 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,735,123 times

Advertisements

Is MSNBC Fake news so it doesn't matter? Spicer should have known better than to quote Mathews.
------------------
Chris Matthews: “The problem is, I don’t like it, first of all I’m rather dovish, I don’t like what I’m going to say but it’s true. If you basically put down a red line and say don’t use chemical weapons, and it’s been enforced in the Western community, around the world — international community for decades. Don’t use chemical weapons. We didn’t use them in World War II, Hitler didn’t use them, we don’t use chemical weapons, that’s no deal. Although we do know that Assad’s father did. Then he goes ahead and does it. It makes you wonder what the mullahs will do if they have a couple of nuclear weapons, just a couple. Are they capable of not using them? That, of course, you know, I think that everybody talking this morning is projecting toward that, which is if you can’t use deterrents the normal way — mutually-assured destruction — if you do this, we’re blowing you up. If that doesn’t work, what does work? And that’s the problem.”

Sean Spicer Wasn’t the Only One to Say Hitler Didn’t Use Chemical Weapons [VIDEO] – Eagle Rising
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2017, 04:02 PM

39,077 posts, read 51,218,516 times
Hitler did not use chemical weapons. That is fact. What Spicey said was that Hitler did not gas his own people. That is incorrect. Got it?

Old 04-16-2017, 04:16 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,735,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Hitler did not use chemical weapons. That is fact. What Spicey said was that Hitler did not gas his own people. That is incorrect. Got it?
No, he said chemical weapons. Just like Mathews. Got it?

Old 04-16-2017, 04:24 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,783,284 times
David Duke said illegals were rapists. Trump said illegals were rapists.

Trump got his info from David Duke. Got it?

/s

Old 04-16-2017, 04:28 PM

8,227 posts, read 3,419,408 times
First Spicer said chemical weapons, then he said gas. I guess gas is a chemical?

When someone tried to correct him, Spicer seemed to vapor lock. He could have just said "Oh yes, of course, I did not mean to imply Hitler was nice to the Jews!"

He was obviously trying to support the bombing of Syria by saying Assad was even worse than Hitler, in terms of disobeying international law.

It did not seem like he was trying to minimize the Nazi's, but of course that is what he ended up doing, stupidly. Just giving the Democrats more to rage about.

Old 04-16-2017, 04:30 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,929,594 times
This thread should be closed. It's been discussed on many others, including the Chris Matthews comment. By the way, Chris Matthews does not represent the President of the United States. I've been saying for years Matthews should retire, since that wasn't the only time he screwed up, but he usually admits his mistakes and apologizes.

If I began to list all the mistakes reporters have made, I'd be up all night. (not to mention the lies on certain networks beginning with F) Sean Spicer's problem wasn't only that he attempted to make Assad a worse villain than Hitler, but that he kept putting his foot in his mouth. He also said Hitler didn't gas "his own people" which, according to Hitler, was true, since he stripped Jews of their citizenship. He also didn't consider homosexuals, disabled people, Gypsies and others "his own people." Also, in my entire life (and I'm old) I have never heard anyone call the Death Camps "Holocaust Centers" as if they were places to play bridge and drink coffee.

Anyway, Spicer not only apologized, he admitted he made a terrible mistake, so why in the world is someone starting a new thread on this subject?

Old 04-16-2017, 04:55 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,461,965 times
Thanks, I forgot Chris Matthews was the President's spokesperson.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies