Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2017, 01:08 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesserSeneca View Post
So a bunch of men forced her into objectifying herself? /s

That's not who we are. It's _the current_ year!
Ok. So she sexed herself up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2017, 01:23 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,035,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
She earned it through hard work. Why the big deal about which gender she is and thinks she is?
No she did NOT earn it- her stats bear that out. Its a PR STUNT! Before this how often was Adams State football being talked about?
To your second point- Idk- ask the feminists and manginas who are spraying their shorts and gloating"girl power" and " you go girl" ! They're the ones crowing about her gender non stop, and making this a monumental victory for women everywhere.

Old 04-17-2017, 01:27 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
No she did NOT earn it- her stats bear that out. Its a PR STUNT! Before this how often was Adams State football being talked about?
To your second point- Idk- ask the feminists and manginas who are spraying their shorts and gloating"girl power" and " you go girl" ! They're the ones crowing about her gender non stop, and making this a monumental victory for women everywhere.
It's not her fault that many other women are trying to share in her accomplishment, as though they had done something.

Old 04-17-2017, 07:39 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
If it isn't a big D-1 school, it don't matter if it is a PR stunt or not. They need athletes as much add the D-1 schools. They just aren't as covered and publicized.

My point about the gender is more to the OP' s thread title. With the problems of gender dysphoria why does original gender matter? Keep bathrooms out of politics.

Also I see intergender athletics in high school wrestling. Who cares as long as they make weight-class and can keep on the team? To this kicker, if she can kick when needed, who cares?

People on both sides of the issues out too much thought into gender these days.

Old 04-18-2017, 01:21 AM

7,343 posts, read 4,368,841 times
This is a joke.

The end.

Old 04-23-2017, 02:51 PM

2,074 posts, read 1,643,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
... not one of the transgender types.

Arizona Woman Is Hailed As First Female To Earn A College Football Scholarship

Becca Longo won't be the first female kicker in college football, but she's believed to be the first to earn a scholarship in Division I or II, after Longo, 18, signed a letter of intent to play for Adams State University in Colorado next year.

Longo kicked for the Basha Bears for two seasons, wearing number 4. As a senior, she made 35 of 38 extra-point attempts and also hit a 30-yard field goal, according to Adams State.

In addition to football, Longo, who is listed at 5'11" and 145 pounds, has signed a letter of intent to play basketball for the women's team at Adams State. She's ranked among Arizona's top 60 hoops players by the MaxPreps site.

Congrats to her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjcGtTDF82c
I am from Arizona. I also lived in Florida for over thirteen years and am very familiar with the 4-5 star talent of South FL. I saw Joey Bosa play in person at St. Thomas Aquinas HS in Fort Lauderdale. I worked in the FL Panhandle and am familiar with the regional talent from LSU, Ole Miss, Alabama, Georgia, FSU, UF, Texas A&M, etc. I went to graduate school out there at both UF and FSU.

My opinion is that the sport is far too dangerous. I would not let my son play football. I would not let my daughter play football. Here is why - sooner or later a horrifying mismatch will happen as follows:

* Long vs a kicking defense with a direct charge from a guy like Terrence Cody at 6'5" and 349 lbs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXs6Gj1mLDE

* Long vs a block attempt from someone like Joey Bosa - South Florida's best HS defensive player.
Here is Bosa injuring the Heisman winner Mariota a few years ago.
Video: Marcus Mariota Shaken Up By Arguably Late Joey Bosa Hit » The Spun

* Long vs a block attempt from someone like Robert Nkemdiche - a 290+ lb lineman who could run a 4.56 in the 40.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoNwmtrGACw

* What about Long vs someone with the ability of Suh?
http://www.thephinsider.com/2015/11/...-him-next-time

Sooner or later these mismatches will occur. It's insanity. Here an undersized kicker gets knocked out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hY6k7ycz2_E

I don't think the neurologists at Barrows Neurological Institute in Phoenix would recommend she play college football.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Io6hPdC41RM

Old 04-23-2017, 04:05 PM

3,617 posts, read 1,821,634 times
Good for her. May she have a blast and do exceptional things both in college and after.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies