Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2017, 01:28 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,126,416 times

Advertisements

This whole thing started under the guise of activism and "leadership" and what it really was, was a scam.

They're not 'the movement' or even affiliated. (They didn't start it, if you missed that piece)

They were not a "movement" they were the DNC.

They weren't Millennial led.

They weren't "pro black."

There was nothing grassroots about them.

They didn't lead the protests or things in Ferguson.

They didn't give back to any of the people that supported them.

They didn't have the best ideas or strategies.

Their selected "leaders" all had scandals. One currently facing charges which ultimately hurt credibility.

ALL of the $100 million donated is unaccounted for. Which we now know went back to the same in network non-profits (BLM)

George Soros propped BLM and the opportunist they could round up and sabotaged the largest youth movement of our generation.

This is the one situation where there's just no grey area. Facts are facts.

Old 05-08-2017, 08:34 AM

A little more about how they actually pulled the scam off...

George Soros funds Ferguson protests, hopes to spur civil action - Washington Times

“More than 500 of us have traveled from Boston, Chicago, Columbus, Detroit, Houston, Los Angeles, Nashville, Portland, Tucson, Washington, D.C., Winston-Salem, North Carolina, and other cities to support the people of Ferguson and help turn a local moment into a national movement,” wrote Akiba Solomon, a journalist at Colorlines, describing the event.

Colorlines is an online news site that focuses on race issues and is published by Race Forward, a group that received $200,000 from Mr. Soros’s foundation in 2011. Colorlines has published tirelessly on the activities in Ferguson and heavily promoted the #BlackLivesMatter hashtag and activities.

At the end of the #BlackLivesMatter march, organizers met with civil rights groups like the Organization for Black Struggle and Missourians Organizing for Reform and Empowerment to strategize their operations moving forward, Ms. Solomon wrote. OBS and MORE are also funded by Mr. Soros."

If you remember the #Cutthecheck scandal that was MORE. A group that was paying people to protest but ultimately didn't meet its obligations. This was the 1st time many activists were exposed as "paid protesters." Before that, most would say they weren't receiving money.

Receiving money from Soros for protesting would've gotten these activists kicked from the movement.

Old 05-08-2017, 08:51 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Black Lives Matter failed to infiltrate the black community. What did happen though is that enough people woke up that something beautiful actually might emerge.
If that is the end result, I am happy with the start.

You seem upset at the internal workings and you very well may have a valid reason to be. I'm only interested in the end result.

Old 05-08-2017, 09:17 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,728,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Why the need to start two different threads on the very same thing?

BLM has done some very good things.
The backlash got Trump elected.

Old 05-08-2017, 09:21 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
I believe I addressed that earlier.

Old 05-08-2017, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
If that is the end result, I am happy with the start.

You seem upset at the internal workings and you very well may have a valid reason to be. I'm only interested in the end result.
I'm not happy with the start because as a victim, the issues are still issues. Also I've seen some of the best leaders be sabotaged, slandered, etc. That's a life. That's why this all started.

I think there's a moral foundation among those who remain that keeps everyone going. If people hadn't fought back against BLM there wouldn't be a movement today. The "culture" of that non-profit was/is toxic. Their leadership is toxic (hence why there culture is toxic). If you were ever involved, it would matter what happens to you and the cause.

Old 05-08-2017, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Yep. I believe that to be true too.

Those who were active in "the movement" were being sabotaged by the Democrats. We knew because we were doing the work and creating plans/strategies.

When Shaun King and Deray McKesson became public surrogates for the DNC that demographic tuned out. Those who were really focused on police corruption didn't vote for Hillary because of her mass incarceration past and her arrogance when the issue was re-addressed.

DNC lost out big time and is still trying to recover.

Edit: ON that note, also think about what was going on with social media (Twitter in particular). If you remember them talking about "the polls being off" it could have been because the social media execs were manipulating the platforms (which they did do. And in favor of BLM and the DNC which was backing Hillary).

Old 05-08-2017, 09:58 AM

Must read thread on Deray McKesson, the DNC surrogate who came into Ferguson and helped orchestrate the co-opt. He's now working with Tom Perez, head of the DNC.

This is from the guy who started things in Ferguson. The one mentioned in the article earlier. Him and the guy in the photo throwing the tear gas canister are both dead now. The girl he mentioned was the girl shot during the protests at the very beginning.

This is a great thread for those who identify as Democrats. Or people who want to know the truth

https://twitter.com/KingDSeals/statu...72813702762496

Old 05-08-2017, 10:08 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,728,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Yep. I believe that to be true too.

Those who were active in "the movement" were being sabotaged by the Democrats. We knew because we were doing the work and creating plans/strategies.

When Shaun King and Deray McKesson became public surrogates for the DNC that demographic tuned out. Those who were really focused on police corruption didn't vote for Hillary because of her mass incarceration past and her arrogance when the issue was re-addressed.

DNC lost out big time and is still trying to recover.

Edit: ON that note, also think about what was going on with social media (Twitter in particular). If you remember them talking about "the polls being off" it could have been because the social media execs were manipulating the platforms (which they did do. And in favor of BLM and the DNC which was backing Hillary).
Middle America saw the media and elected officials paying too much attention to manufactured issues and they revolted.

Old 05-09-2017, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Middle America saw the media and elected officials paying too much attention to manufactured issues and they revolted.
Not sure exactly all that your referencing, but will just add that the Police corruption issue was VERY real. Worse than people though. Problem is, not all victims are black. Hence BLM not serving all victims.

We don't need bias in criminal investigations. What we need is justice, and a fair system imo.

Some of my worst police corruption stories come at the hands of black cops.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies