Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2017, 07:48 AM

79,914 posts, read 44,174,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
To the people that hate BLM and the people that scream "blue lives matter," I have a question.

You realize that the people you see on TV during all these protests during riots that throwing rocks and setting things on fire represent less than 0.0001 of the country, right? These "agitators,"they're just extremist idiots. Crazy people.
Crazy people with a valid complaint.

Quote:
Over 99% of the people who are frustrated with the injustice and speak out against bad cops (but still support the good ones) ARE NOT throwing rocks and ARE NOT setting cars on fire.
It shouldn't be this way but it took return violence to get people's attention.

Old 05-04-2017, 08:01 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,107,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Crazy people with a valid complaint.
OH, trust me I completely agree with you.

But you've got to go out of your way to meet them on their side, more than halfway, to get them to agree with you about anything LOL

Old 05-04-2017, 08:16 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,121,470 times
To people who are really taking the risk you don't need college kids paid by some billionaire throwing rocks at the police when your the ones putting your life on the line. When you have to stay in whatever community.

Posters like PKnopp may think its ok to move in that way but many black leaders do not.

If real protection was needed for protesters it would be provided. But the LAST thing you'd want is someone throwing a rock. Bottle. Etc. Don't call yourself a "protester."

Some people want anarchy but won't help rebuild afterwards and many aren't even providing for the community when they're causing the chaos. I understand legit outrage but some people are just problematic. imo

Old 05-04-2017, 08:16 AM

18,001 posts, read 27,448,014 times
Quote:
To the people that hate BLM and the people that scream "blue lives matter," I have a question.

You realize that the people you see on TV during all these protests during riots that throwing rocks and setting things on fire represent less than 0.0001 of the country, right? These "agitators,"they're just extremist idiots. Crazy people.

Over 99% of the people who are frustrated with the injustice and speak out against bad cops (but still support the good ones) ARE NOT throwing rocks and ARE NOT setting cars on fire.

I just wanted to make everybody knew that.
You're not going to make me knew anything, but thanks for the try.

We can't even agree on football and it has a scoreboard.

I don't believe anything the Main Stream Media prints nor do I believe anything the Main Stream Media films.

If a white cop goes up and shoots an unarmed black man in the back, I hate that. He should be fired, imprisoned, and put on death row.

But what exact % of white cops do that to black men? I know of one personally. And you?

Also, how many other minorities are out there besides black people? Is this a black and white issue or are there shades of gray here? Can only white people be racist? Are black people all black? Are white people all white?

These are a few of my questions.

Quote:
I don't understand..."thanks for the try"...for what?

I'm simply trying to make sure that all those people who hate BLM and are angry at agitators in all the recent protests understand that they don't represent most normal people. Most folks who are frustrated with the relationship between the black community and police are watching from home, peacefully. When i see those idiots throwing rocks and setting cars on fire, I shake my head. Because it only makes things worse.

But those do not represent me, nor do they represent the millions of other people who are frustrated about unarmed black men being shot by police. That is all I want people to understand....

I have no idea what you mean with the rest of your post, or what point you're trying to make. I believe you and I are both on the same side with this issue. We both seem to agree that bad cops need to be punished, and "agitators" who hide behind the crowds of peaceful protesters, need to be arrested.

I'm not all black, I'm only half black. I'm a lightskinned black dude. My parents are white (I'm adopted). My entire family is white. THEY RAISED ME TO LOVE ALL PEOPLE.

what are we even arguing about? LOL
I'm not arguing you, actually. I'm discussing a hot topic that I've come to see both sides of. Thanks for answering my questions. I believe they point to the complication of this ongoing struggle.

If minorities feel misrepresented and abused by law enforcement, then infiltrate those institutions and make it better. Oh, I'm lead to believe that is is what many have done and are trying to do.

When cops get killed, film that too. When cops get killed, where do we go from there?

I'm neither black nor am I a cop. But I'd like to see these issues fixed.

I'm disgusted with the way the msm has handled this, politicized this.

Last edited by McGowdog; 05-04-2017 at 09:02 AM..

Old 05-04-2017, 08:34 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,107,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
You're not going to make me knew anything, but thanks for the try.

We can't even agree on football and it has a scoreboard.

I don't believe anything the Main Stream Media prints nor do I believe anything the Main Stream Media films.

If a white cop goes up and shoots an unarmed black man in the back, I hate that. He should be fired, imprisoned, and put on death row.

But what exact % of white cops do that to black men? I know of one personally. And you?

Also, how many other minorities are out there besides black people? Is this a black and white issue or are there shades of gray here? Can only white people be racist? Are black people all black? Are white people all white?

These are a few of my questions.
I don't understand..."thanks for the try"...for what?

I'm simply trying to make sure that all those people who hate BLM and are angry at agitators in all the recent protests understand that they don't represent most normal people. Most folks who are frustrated with the relationship between the black community and police are watching from home, peacefully. When i see those idiots throwing rocks and setting cars on fire, I shake my head. Because it only makes things worse.

But those do not represent me, nor do they represent the millions of other people who are frustrated about unarmed black men being shot by police. That is all I want people to understand....

I have no idea what you mean with the rest of your post, or what point you're trying to make. I believe you and I are both on the same side with this issue. We both seem to agree that bad cops need to be punished, and "agitators" who hide behind the crowds of peaceful protesters, need to be arrested.

I'm not all black, I'm only half black. I'm a lightskinned black dude. My parents are white (I'm adopted). My entire family is white. THEY RAISED ME TO LOVE ALL PEOPLE.

what are we even arguing about? LOL

Old 05-04-2017, 09:47 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,646,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
So far we've had 1 white poster defend BLM. And the same poster got called out by a black poster who said BLM didn't do anything in the community.

Pretty similar to what's going on in the real world. An all white following of white liberals. No black leadership or mobilization.
I live in DC, and I can tell you this now. I've seen way more white BLM protesters out there than actual black BLM protesters. And the white BLM people always feel the need to tell people like myself that "you're oppressed and we're here for you" like us black people are their pets and we need them to save us. When in reality, most of us are doing just fine by just working hard for what we want and not paying attention to race.

This is another reason why I hate BLM and hope it dies....this is coming from a black guy who has experienced police brutality due to my skin color. Yes, it happens sometimes, but there are also good cops out there who have been quick to come to my aid...and they were white.

If BLM marched peacefully and actually had a cause and donated money and went to the poor urban black neighborhoods to help, they'd have my 100% support. But...they don't do that and all they do is whine "I'm a victim! I'm a victim! Screw the cops! " yeaaaa... F that.

Old 05-04-2017, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
I live in DC, and I can tell you this now. I've seen way more white BLM protesters out there than actual black BLM protesters. And the white BLM people always feel the need to tell people like myself that "you're oppressed and we're here for you" like us black people are their pets and we need them to save us. When in reality, most of us are doing just fine by just working hard for what we want and not paying attention to race.

This is another reason why I hate BLM and hope it dies....this is coming from a black guy who has experienced police brutality due to my skin color. Yes, it happens sometimes, but there are also good cops out there who have been quick to come to my aid...and they were white.

If BLM marched peacefully and actually had a cause and donated money and went to the poor urban black neighborhoods to help, they'd have my 100% support. But...they don't do that and all they do is whine "I'm a victim! I'm a victim! Screw the cops! " yeaaaa... F that.
Great post and great points. I agree.

The poster in this thread was a prime example. To me the arrogance was basically "we know better so shut up" TF?

I agree about the whole "self image" thing too. We have enough to deal with in normal life than to have race thrown in our face everyday. Especially when its done by people who aren't qualified and are tying it to traumatic situations. As a police corruption victim its the same way, there's a certain self care that goes into balancing emotional or traumatic experiences. These people are not experts.

There's so many things I've found wrong, could go on.

Old 05-04-2017, 10:17 AM

79,914 posts, read 44,174,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Great post and great points. I agree.

The poster in this thread was a prime example. To me the arrogance was basically "we know better so shut up" TF?
I believe the only one to tell others to shut up was you. I asked you to speak up and be specific but you wouldn't and then told me to quit.

Old 05-04-2017, 10:34 AM

4,437 posts, read 7,671,307 times
BLM pro.....
1. Bring badly needed attention to issues of policing in communities of color
2. Marches mostly peaceful, contrary to opponents opinion
3. Effective use of social media

BLM con....
1. Failure to take movement to next level (run for elective office, other positions of power and policymaking)
2. Allowed opponents to negatively frame movement (terrorists, Soros-funded, etc!)
3. All-inclusiveness regarding victims might get better results (Dylan Taylor, Dylan Noble, Giddeon Bush got shot by cops, too!)

Old 05-04-2017, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scatman View Post
BLM pro.....
1. Bring badly needed attention to issues of policing in communities of color
2. Marches mostly peaceful, contrary to opponents opinion
3. Effective use of social media

1) Can't credit them for that.They didn't start, mobilize or organize the protests. They simply branded them. Not all protesters were BLM. Many were from other organizations or just individuals upset. It was the tragedy and resulting reaction/protests, that started the whole police corruption issue.

2) Agree with that.

3) Don't agree with that. They didn't start the hashtags. Messed them up. And now theirs is complete trash.
They had millions in funding. They used that to market. I'll leave it at that.

BLM con....
1. Failure to take movement to next level (run for elective office, other positions of power and policymaking)
2. Allowed opponents to negatively frame movement (terrorists, Soros-funded, etc!)
3. All-inclusiveness regarding victims might get better results (Dylan Taylor, Dylan Noble, Giddeon Bush got shot by cops, too!)
The cons go back to the entire issue of this thread. They were propped.

Also people are missing the fact that they created new victims. What's the whole point of Black Lives Matter again? Don't know if your AA, but are we sacrificing people now for the sake of the cause?

If so, can we please sacrifice the con artists and thieves? Not the leaders who actually started things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies