Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2017, 10:48 AM

7,800 posts, read 10,118,315 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Fukumoto was one of 5 (out of 76 total) members of the Hawaii State legislature who were Republican.
There are no Republican US delegates from Hawaii.

Then you go on to talk about The Legislative Assembly of Puerto Rico and succeed in misidentifying Puerto Rico as a state.. ("Puerto Rico State Senator Abel Nazario"...) and skirt around the fact that Abel Nazario has always been a member of the New Progressive Party.

And then you switch to a list of US legislators and officials as if they all had something in common with the 2 obscure legislators you dug up.

Pretty bad.

See why Democrats keep losing?
Renuncia al GOP el primer vicepresidente del Partido Republicano en Puerto Rico
Quote:
"Yo, claramente decepcionado. Soy republicano de toda la vida, pero hasta hoy soy republicano. Renuncio al Partido Republicano local, al nacional, renuncio.
Most people who are members of the New Progressive Party identify as Republicans when it comes to national politics.

Oh, for the mono-linguals among us, the bold words mean "I have been a Republican for my entire life".

BTW: do you know why there are so few Republicans in Hawaii? Because when Hawaii was fighting to become a state in the 1950s it was the Republicans who levied the same insults that they levy against Puerto Rico today against Hawaii back then. Too poor, too far away, too Asian (replaced by too Hispanic with PR), too foreign, too lazy, etc, etc. Hawaii eventually achieved statehood anyways and has been giving the GOP a well deserved middle finger ever since. That's what happens when you stray away from equality in favor of angry, old, ignorant White people stuck in the past.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2017, 10:51 AM

4,983 posts, read 3,295,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Last month the Republican minority leader of the Hawaii House of Representatives, Beth Fukumoto resigned stating that the GOP has become poisoned with racism and sexism. Now Puerto Rico State Senator Abel Nazario has announced he is leaving the party but will remain a member of the NPP GOP affiliate. He resigned because he was unhappy that racist elflord Jefferson Beauregard Sessions III mandated the inclusion of the current territorial/colonial status in the upcoming June 11th status referendum which was previously only offered statehood or independence as options.

Who's left? Diamond & Silk, Ben Carson, Ted Cruz, Sheriff Clarke, Allan West, and Omarosa? Next up I predict Ileana Ros Lehtinen (congresswoman from Florida) will become an independent member of Congress. You can't just have a party of nothing but older and/or less well educated Whites. Once again, how many times must I post this chart before the GOP embraces inclusion and tolerance? For starters, the hardline stance on illegal immigration has to go. Do we lock up everyone who goes through a red light?
https://cdn.americanprogress.org/wp-..._angeles_1.jpg

What is the Republican Party going to do in 2050?
The better question is what will be America in 2050.

Old 04-18-2017, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
The better question is what will be America in 2050.
The same nation it should be today ... a nation of opportunity regardless of one's skin color, religion, or ethnic background. We are a civic nation for all people who share our principles of liberty, not an ethnic nation solely for White Christians.

I share Reagan's vision of America:
Quote:
I've spoken of the shining city all my political life, but I don't know if I ever quite communicated what I saw when I said it. But in my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, wind-swept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.
The complete opposite of what today's GOP stands for.

Old 04-18-2017, 11:50 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,458,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
The same nation it should be today ... a nation of opportunity regardless of one's skin color, religion, or ethnic background. We are a civic nation for all people who share our principles of liberty, not an ethnic nation solely for White Christians.

I share Reagan's vision of America:
The complete opposite of what today's GOP stands for.
Why are you so obsessed with race? I see plenty of non whites in positions of power and holding good jobs. As a matter of fact, it is MUCH MUCH easier to start a small business in the USA if you are a foreigner than it is for a citizen. Maybe it's the people you surround yourself with or where you live that makes you think this way.

Old 04-18-2017, 11:59 AM

12,030 posts, read 9,356,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
Why is the anti-political correctness wing of American politics so keen on calling liberals racist every time we have a conversation on race. You people are no better than the universities banning certain words. We're supposed to call humans "humans" without adjectives. You got to be kidding me.
If people are constantly classified based on the color of the skin or on ethnicity and religion you end up with some form of segregation. You also expect certain behaviors according to whatever classification is used. THAT IS RACISM.

As of today America has more racial classifications than the old South Africa. Pretty soon the American lefties will come up with skin color charts to racially classify people. I know why they do it. They want to create coalitions of minorities to win elections.

And how about the LGBTQIA alphabet. Some people want to add more letters. We are creating a highly segregated society that is highly concerned with bedroom activities and race. Why do you think that blacks today feel more alienated than before Obama won the presidency?

What sort of conversation on race you want to have. Every single day I see conversations about race whenever there is a black person in CNN and MSNBC. Can you tell me what is the conversation about race? Is there something about race that has never been said before?

Old 04-18-2017, 12:01 PM

13,898 posts, read 6,458,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
If people are constantly classified based on the color of the skin or on ethnicity and religion you end up with some form of segregation. You also expect certain behaviors according to whatever classification is used. THAT IS RACISM.

As of today America has more racial classifications than the old South Africa. Pretty soon the American lefties will come up with skin color charts to racially classify people. I know why they do it. They want to create coalitions of minorities to win elections.

And how about the LGBTQIA alphabet. Some people want to add more letters. We are creating a highly segregated society that is highly concerned with bedroom activities and race. Why do you think that blacks today feel more alienated than before Obama won the presidency?

What sort of conversation on race you want to have. Every single day I see conversations about race whenever there is a black person in CNN and MSNBC. Can you tell me what is the conversation about race? Is there something about race that has never been said before?
100% correct. It's very obvious.

Old 04-18-2017, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Why are you so obsessed with race? I see plenty of non whites in positions of power and holding good jobs. As a matter of fact, it is MUCH MUCH easier to start a small business in the USA if you are a foreigner than it is for a citizen. Maybe it's the people you surround yourself with or where you live that makes you think this way.
That's funny, I am not the person who supported a guy who wants a Whites only ethno-state (Trump). Oh, he's not going to say it in those words but it's obvious from his policies and positions. He's too smart to say it out loud.

Old 04-18-2017, 12:15 PM

34,941 posts, read 36,299,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Because the R party is the other side of the same coin. It's why I'm constantly having to skip races. It's why I'm constantly without a candidate.

If the GOP would become the Conservative party of small government, it would be unstoppable; however, the GOP is filled with people catering to special interests, just like the DNC.
I really don't have candidates I like very much, either. My votes are always the lesser of two evils types of votes.

I've never belonged to a party. I think the big 2 are both screwed up.

I do agree re: the GOP. That they aren't the party of small government is disappointing.

I also think that if the Dems would become TRULY liberal, they'd do very well, too. Let them become what Sanders was pushing and they would have ardent supporters who'd show up to vote.

Our system is weird and so are our 2 big parties.

Ugh.

Old 04-18-2017, 12:29 PM

63,014 posts, read 29,223,046 times
Wow, so enforcing our immigration laws that are on the books is a hard line stance? Is enforcing our other laws on the books a hard line stance also? WTH??? It's neither a minority or a race issue.

Old 04-18-2017, 12:35 PM

19,858 posts, read 12,134,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Everything is about race ...
It sure is. There was a thread last month on her leaving but that thread didn't mention minority in the title so that wasn't good enough for OP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies