Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2017, 04:35 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,098,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Right. Because so many leftists are fans of Fox news and O'Reilly that Fox has to care what leftists think.

News flash - O'Reilly and Fox news got themselves in this position all on their own with no support from the left.

Fox, like all cable news networks, knows that owning the 70+ demographic is not a recipe for future survival. Now whether getting rid of O'Reilly will help them with that, I don't know. But keeping him surely WON'T help them with that.

First does Fox really want the advice of CNN and MSNBC?

Yeah they got into a position where the Court of public opinion can destroy someone without any evidence released.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2017, 04:37 PM

9,470 posts, read 10,805,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Don't weep for Fox News.

Their audience will continue to tune in to get their daily dose of fear, anger, and pessimism.

O'Reilly's absence won't change that much at all.

They will target Hannity next. In some dark room somewhere, in some leftist blue state hell no doubt, liberal minds are plotting to bring down the next big Fox conservative. Thier goal is to silence Fox News altogether. Fox executives obviously don't see it. Obviously the want to blunt the defeate they faced in November by associating conservative people with scandal, hypocrisy and legal problems. The courts will be busy for the next four years, clogged with lawsuits and charges against any republican they can levy them against. They do have a better history of getting thier bidding done by courts than they do through actual democracy.

Old 04-19-2017, 04:41 PM

9,470 posts, read 10,805,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
Any idiot can point a finger and scream "Witch!". The ignorant believe and react, never needing a shred of evidence outside of their personal hatred for the man or woman's politics.
+1 to you. I have seen no evidence, only accusations. It's not hard to find finger pointers.

Old 04-19-2017, 04:43 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
First does Fox really want the advice of CNN and MSNBC?

Yeah they got into a position where the Court of public opinion can destroy someone without any evidence released.
Fox runs a business that depends on the court of public opinion. They know that, even if you don't.

(And I've noticed that Fox itself is an active prosecutor in the court of public opinion. Maybe you haven't.)

As I've stated several times, I don't know whether or what O'Reilly did. He's being sued in civil court, where the standard of proof is lower than it is in criminal court. Given the millions Fox has already paid to help O'Reilly defend against his accusers, my guess is that they've got reason to believe that O'Reilly will lose his civil case, and they want to dissociate themselves from it. My guess would also be that they have warned him in the past to restrain his behavior.

And, BTW, Fox is grateful for the existence of CNN and MSNBC. I'll leave it to you to figure out why that might be.

Last edited by jacqueg; 04-19-2017 at 04:53 PM..

Old 04-19-2017, 04:44 PM

1,816 posts, read 1,150,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
Man, if you're going to start a thread at least make the title bipartisan as the title alone leaves you with zero credibility.

Next item.

If Bill had a D next to his name or he was on CNN, the other D's would back him until the cows came home.
Dude - Donny backed this creepy old sexual predator so just stating the facts. Don't like the thread don't read it or tells mods to take it down.

Geez!

Old 04-19-2017, 04:46 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,098,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Fox runs a business that depends on the court of public opinion. They know that, even if you don't.

As I've stated several times, I don't know whether or what O'Reilly did. He's being sued in civil court, where the standard of proof is lower than it is in criminal court. Given the millions Fox has already paid to help O'Reilly defend against his accusers, my guess is that they've got reason to believe that O'Reilly will lose his civil case, and they want to dissociate themselves from it. My guess would also be that they have warned him in the past to restrain his behavior.

And, BTW, Fox is grateful for the existence of CNN and MSNBC. I'll leave it to you to figure out why that might be.

Yeah I get it. And it is a real shame

Too bad he was not in the position to fight back like Trump did

Old 04-19-2017, 04:47 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMike77 View Post
So, the new lineup on Fox is:

8:00 Tucker Carlson

9:00 The Five

10:00 Hannity

Good Luck Fox.
Per a story posted to the MSN.com homepage, in addition to the above, Jesse Watters will become one of the permanent rotating co-hosts of The Five, and Eric Bolling will leave The Five and get his own new show in The Five's old/current time slot...........

Fox News Will Replace Bill O

Old 04-19-2017, 04:55 PM

1,816 posts, read 1,150,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Per a story posted to the MSN.com homepage, in addition to the above, Jesse Watters will become one of the permanent rotating co-hosts of The Five, and Eric Bolling will leave The Five and get his own new show in The Five's old/current time slot...........

Fox News Will Replace Bill O
Thanks for sharing - I am so relieved that Foul News is going to be able to recover from this almost fatal blow.

Old 04-19-2017, 04:56 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,977,382 times
Wait for it:

"I'd like to make a big league announcement. We've hired the best new White House Press Secretary with the best words and the best sexual harassment skills. Please welcome the new White House Press Secretary, Bill O'Reilly."

-Future Donald Trump

Old 04-19-2017, 04:58 PM

8,626 posts, read 10,148,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Still will beat CNN and MSNBC combined
I didn't really watch Bill O'Reilly, but I really like Martha McCallum's show. It's sad that these other slimeball networks are spending so much time focused on making this the news and trashing Fox News thinking that their ratings will go up as a result, lol...

Now, CNN is trying to speculate as to whether other individuals at Fox will be accused of the same. Too bad they can't clean up their own back yard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies