Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2017, 06:10 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,579,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
One thing that bothered me about O' Reilly is that he constantly interrupted whoever he was interviewing. Other than that, he was okay. Kind of full of himself, but that's what happens a lot of times when you have success. It goes to your head.

Regarding the allegations, it seems the things he's accused of happened more than once or twice, which might lead you to believe there's something to it. Paying off people doesn't really make you look innocent, either. It look like hush money.

As for this being a witch hunt, there is probably something to that, too, but I think FOX did the right thing.
I suspect that the people at FOX know more about the allegations than anyone, and yes, they probably did the right thing. I doubt they would kill off their cash cow without serious thought going into it, first. I know advertisers were pulling their money from his show, but they stand to lose viewers, too, among some of the fans who will never believe he did such a thing.

As for interrupting, yeah, he did it a lot, but was downright courteous compared to Hannity. That is one man I simply will not watch, ever. I can't even bring myself to "hate watch" his show.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2017, 06:15 AM

8,597 posts, read 10,132,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
There are many visit facets to Fox News from Hannity to Chris Wallace, Hannity is pure propaganda where as Wallace is one of the fairest people on the networks. Mixed in between are The Five, Bret Bair and others that are meant to be entertaining. Hannity will have the highest ratings now, O'Reilly was arrogant but he was fair.
I really like The First 100 with Martha MacCallum. I hope she keeps that show, but they obviously should rename it.

Old 04-20-2017, 06:18 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,691,496 times
Default Another Perspective

Despite loosing key sponsorship, the O' Reilly thing had the potential to derail Fox's intent to acquire Sky in the UK and the board was willing to sacrafice O' Reilly for a bigger fish.

Bill O'Reilly harassment claims threaten Rupert Murdoch's deal for Sky - Apr. 11, 2017

Old 04-20-2017, 06:26 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,282,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
I remember when he was the consumer reporter on local TV in Scranton.
I'm from the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre area. How did I not know he started his career here?

Old 04-20-2017, 06:28 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,639,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Expat View Post
The O'Reilly Facto was the top rated news show for 16 years running for a good reason, it was the best news show of this generation at the very least. The 'Watters World' segment was also the funniest news segment on cable as well.

I don't know if O'Reilly did anything wrong, it's a he said she said and usually most people take the women's side if it's disputed.

The point to me is that when you work for someone else, no matter how good you are at your job, you are at their whim.

I hope O'Reilly gets a new show or new network to crush the new direction of Fox News. If he did something improper, I hope he learned his lesson.

For now, thanks Bill O'Reilly.
totally agree with you: I don't like him as a person, or don't think I would: his ego is way too big, but i don't watch TV personalities because I like them personally. I watch because I like what they say or do. I am also very unhappy with the way FOX is changing the scheduling: moving "the 5"to 8pm and putting Tucker in O'Reilly's place. If O'Reilly had to go, I would have preferred someone else take over his spot

Old 04-20-2017, 06:30 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,104,395 times
Just like any "opinion" show, whether it be conservative or liberal, the host knew exactly how to appeal to their base/fans.

Old 04-20-2017, 06:31 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,691,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
There are many visit facets to Fox News from Hannity to Chris Wallace, Hannity is pure propaganda where as Wallace is one of the fairest people on the networks. Mixed in between are The Five, Bret Bair and others that are meant to be entertaining. Hannity will have the highest ratings now, O'Reilly was arrogant but he was fair.
There's another possibility. Hannity may have been encouraging some employees to file suit to eliminate the competition.

YouTube is full of out take clips of O' Reilly having huge temper tantrums over the years.

His divorce and custody battle has been all over the NY tabloid papers for years. When your daughter testifies that her father dragged her mother down the stairs by her neck.........He sought a court order to seal his divorce documents.

There's been a local buzz about alcoholism, on and off the wagon thing, for years.

Just because one loves the guy does not mean he's a saint, off camera. Just because one dislikes the guy does not automatically make him guilty of all claims.

None of us know what's what off camera. Opinions are not facts.

Old 04-20-2017, 06:31 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,639,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
The entire show was his opinion!
BULL! and yes, I know the difference, my husband was in the field for 40 years.

BTW: I have to wonder about some of these posts: I have to wonder how often, if ever did you watch his show? And as for Maxine Waters saying he should go to jail, OMG, anyone who pays any attention to what she says is a real nut case. It is amazing how many libs are clapping as hard as they can now that he is gone.

Last edited by nmnita; 04-20-2017 at 06:43 AM..

Old 04-20-2017, 06:33 AM

1,302 posts, read 682,884 times
Good Bye forever to the Basket of Deplorables Leader. Forever.

Old 04-20-2017, 06:37 AM

2,402 posts, read 1,440,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Expat View Post
The O'Reilly Facto was the top rated news show for 16 years running for a good reason, it was the best news show of this generation at the very least. The 'Watters World' segment was also the funniest news segment on cable as well.

I don't know if O'Reilly did anything wrong, it's a he said she said and usually most people take the women's side if it's disputed.

The point to me is that when you work for someone else, no matter how good you are at your job, you are at their whim.

I hope O'Reilly gets a new show or new network to crush the new direction of Fox News. If he did something improper, I hope he learned his lesson.

For now, thanks Bill O'Reilly.
If this was the greatest news show, this pretty much solidify the nation is still very racist. Bill O'Reilly spoke bad on black people for 20 years. Good riddance!!!!!

Hey Bill O'Reilly, YOU MAD, YOU MAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies