Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2017, 07:31 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,723,556 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowGirl View Post
Holy smokes.

I just don't know what to say to this, other than I hope I never work with you.

I have experienced sexual harassment many years ago when I was young and just happy to have a job. It was horrible. It included such lovely experiences as being felt up in a closet and being bitten on the arm.

I did not say anything about it, I am ashamed to say. I just left those jobs. I hope if those things happened to me now I would have the courage to do something.

It is attitudes like yours that perpetuate it.

If you were "felt up" and did or said nothing then you endorsed the behavior.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2017, 07:32 AM

5,472 posts, read 3,222,211 times
These Right Winger will be lost without O'Reilly telling them what to think, how to think and what to do. It's quite likely that "Fox" will seek out and find "another rebel rouser" to lead the "mob of madness makers" !!!!

Old 04-20-2017, 07:33 AM

23,529 posts, read 17,205,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
That's because a settlement is a way to not admit fault. It doesn't mean you aren't. In fact, it's almost always the opposite.
Ambulance chasing lawyers would disagree. they have a client with no posible chance of winning and press the company into a trial which the companies insurance company decides isn't worth the time and cost and reputation so they settle.

This legal maneuver has established a source of income for the unscrupulus clients and lawyers. So, no, settling has become the cost of business to save money. Settling when the plantif is innocent has damaged our legal system.

Old 04-20-2017, 07:34 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,952,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Ambulance chasing lawyers would disagree. they have a client with no posible chance of winning and press the company into a trial which the companies insurance company decides isn't worth the time and cost and reputation so they settle.

This legal maneuver has established a source of income for the unscrupulus clients and lawyers. So, no, settling has become the cost of business to save money. Settling when the plantif is innocent has damaged our legal system.
Defense lawyers would disagree. These cases are usually dismissed or ruled by motion pretty easily. Insurers have large panels of lawyers ready to put these sorts of cases away.

There is usually some meat behind the threat of trial. Hence the settle, it's a way to pay less now.

Old 04-20-2017, 07:34 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,581,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Didn't Bill O'reilly's daughter testify that she witnessed him choking their mom??? How can his fans spin that one?

Unless conservatives consider the eye-witness testimony of a 17 year old girl "fake news."
Unfortunately, some will.

Old 04-20-2017, 07:40 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,581,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Hannity is a different kind of animal.

In 2015, he continued to beat the Ebola Drum long after other opinionators and networks let it go. Night after night, Hannity had so called experts on to inform viewers that Ebola was likely airborn and we were doomed and it was all Obama's fault. He sustained a false perception that planes full of Ebola infected passengers were flying non- stop from Africa to the US.

Once the mid terms were over, he abruptly ceased covering Ebola and announced it was no longer news.

It was one of the most effective and enduring fake news cycles in history and had an impact on mid terms.
You will never find me defending Hannity on the basis of his commentary. I'm only saying that, in terms of sexual harassment, and sexual harassment only, he seems to be better than O'Reilly. His coverage of the "news" was far, far worse, IMO.

Old 04-20-2017, 07:41 AM

18,984 posts, read 9,066,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowGirl View Post
Holy smokes.

I just don't know what to say to this, other than I hope I never work with you.

I have experienced sexual harassment many years ago when I was young and just happy to have a job. It was horrible. It included such lovely experiences as being felt up in a closet and being bitten on the arm.

I did not say anything about it, I am ashamed to say. I just left those jobs. I hope if those things happened to me now I would have the courage to do something.

It is attitudes like yours that perpetuate it.
I can identify with your experiences, as I'm sure many, many women can. When I came into the workforce it was not unusual for women to be sexually harassed by their male bosses (and nearly ALL the bosses were male) and there was no place to report it to because sexual harassment was accepted as normal, just something a woman who wanted to make a living in a man's world was expected to put up with. There were no laws against it. And if you complained, you were out of a job. I saw it happen to enough women to know that if you wanted to keep working, you kept your mouth shut.

Seeing O'Reilly brought down is a triumph for women everywhere. It was too long in coming.

Old 04-20-2017, 07:43 AM

23,529 posts, read 17,205,480 times
Bye Bill

Old 04-20-2017, 07:48 AM

3,519 posts, read 2,820,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt1979 View Post
Does anyone that actually matters care about sexual harassment anyways?
Why don't you ask your wife, mom, sisters, female friends if they care?

Quote:
Companies need to be more careful in regards to the type of women they hire.
So it's all the woman's fault, eh? They were asking for it, right?

Quote:
The firm I work for has never had an issue with sexual harassment because luckily both the men and women that do the hiring can smell these types of problem makers a mile away.
You must work at some super firm that posses some skills that no one else has where your people can "smell these types of problem makers a mile away". Tell us, do you wear the "Fred Flintstone" or "Barney Rubble" style of loin cloth?

Quote:
So, now we might lose the factor over some overly emotional females? I give up........
Too late, he's gone. Maybe Bill can come over to your house and treat the women in your life the way he treated others at his office.

Old 04-20-2017, 07:54 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,594,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
They will target Hannity next. In some dark room somewhere, in some leftist blue state hell no doubt, liberal minds are plotting to bring down the next big Fox conservative. Thier goal is to silence Fox News altogether. Fox executives obviously don't see it. Obviously the want to blunt the defeate they faced in November by associating conservative people with scandal, hypocrisy and legal problems. The courts will be busy for the next four years, clogged with lawsuits and charges against any republican they can levy them against. They do have a better history of getting thier bidding done by courts than they do through actual democracy.

You're blaming O'Reilly's actions and firing on liberals? You people are nuts! And you say Hannity is targeted next? Please! By whom?? That blowhard isn't worth targeting for anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
Thanks for sharing - I am so relieved that Foul News is going to be able to recover from this almost fatal blow.
Foul News....I like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies