Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2017, 09:15 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,645,748 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
O'Reilly will probably end up on another channel (CNN, MSNBC, etc.) in the future. The attention span of the average American is about 0.5 milliseconds and after Bill disappears for 6 months or so, some network, even with all of the baggage, will throw millions at him (at a discounted rate of course, due to all of this fallout), so they can increase their ratings. Just look at all of the "news celebrities" that leave/get fired from one network and jump to another. Sad to say, rinse and repeat.
I don't see it.

67 years old, tons of baggage...

Maybe a satellite radio channel will take a flyer on him. His days as a nationwide personality are over.

And he'll definitely have to agree to a clause that will void his contract if he's accused of and settles any sexual harassment claims.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2017, 09:20 PM

32,210 posts, read 15,201,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
O'Reilly will probably end up on another channel (CNN, MSNBC, etc.) in the future. The attention span of the average American is about 0.5 milliseconds and after Bill disappears for 6 months or so, some network, even with all of the baggage, will throw millions at him (at a discounted rate of course, due to all of this fallout), so they can increase their ratings. Just look at all of the "news celebrities" that leave/get fired from one network and jump to another. Sad to say, rinse and repeat.
Papa bear is gone...never to be seen again. Ratings don't matter when you have no sponsors. Look how many pulled out. He is a liability now and forever.

Old 04-19-2017, 09:25 PM

19,940 posts, read 22,895,403 times
Garbage that should have been tossed a decade ago.

Old 04-19-2017, 09:41 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,998,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
Garbage that should have been tossed a decade ago.
I agree. However, even the people who enjoyed his show shouldn't feel sorry for him. He will leave with a severance package worth more than most of us make in a lifetime.

Old 04-19-2017, 09:44 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,659,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
This seems to be a liberal hetze from the left against Bill O'Reilly!

Just listened to Lisa Bloom stating her phone is ringing off the hook with accusers and many more will come forward! How does she know. Does she has a wish for that it a crystal ball!

She sounded like a left wing lawyer with only one goal... to nail a Republican tv host!
Delighted to see she took OReilly down down down. Tonight Bloom is on TV and she smiled, hell everyone smiled as she said she had a plan to take down O'Reilly. Delighted .

O'Reilly is going to have to find some little dark hole for his acolytes

Old 04-19-2017, 09:44 PM

34,941 posts, read 36,388,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Agreed,

So do you think CNN should be forced to address it's laundry list of class action law suits by blacks and other minorities?

Or do they get to skate free on that one?

Or are we just going to pretend it doesn't exist because the New York Times didn't write about it?

Thanks in advance.
Please tell me what CNN has to do with Bill O'Reilly?

I'm certainly not defending them. If they have lawsuits pending, the courts will decide.

Old 04-19-2017, 09:45 PM

12,996 posts, read 9,734,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj;47892075[B
]So what explains those "hosts" on CNN (like Maddow) waking up with crabs?
[/b]

Maddow is not on CNN.

Old 04-19-2017, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Unlike those on the left, i believe in innocent until proven guilty. Though of course if one of their ow
N was accused of rape they have the benefit of having Hollywood donate millions to their defense finds
Huh?

He has a LONG list of accusations like these.

It finally caught up with him.

I think that on the off chance THIS many women are just fabricating lies, the courts will decide in his favor.

He became a liability to Fox.

I am doubtful they let a guy who makes them that much money go unless they think he's guilty.

Old 04-19-2017, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
No one has proved he did anything, there are just allegations here. He said, she said, but in today's climate that is enough. Even if he did what is suggested we are talking just words here. Unwanted advances and offensive language is not the same as grabbing someone or using your authority to threaten them. If they PROVE he did one of those things then yes he would deserve to be fired. If he offended someone with mere words or unwanted advances then these ladies need to grow up a bit and just tell him to buzz off. I am not defending this type of behavior but question how easily some people become offended to begin with. You ask if it were my wife or daughter? In that case I would not deal with it in a court room, in that case I would prefer to settle it man to man privately. We have become a society of folks who are too thin skinned. Really no one has proven that oreilly even did any of this and I strongly believe it to be politically motivated.
So... you do not think the women in your life deserve a harassment-free workplace?

I doubt it this has a thing to do with politics.

Remember...Trump is president.

If anything, political correctness is out the window.

Old 04-19-2017, 10:04 PM

3,211 posts, read 2,257,180 times
Default Ode to 'O'Reilly Factor' - Best News Show Possibly ever

The O'Reilly Facto was the top rated news show for 16 years running for a good reason, it was the best news show of this generation at the very least. The 'Watters World' segment was also the funniest news segment on cable as well.

I don't know if O'Reilly did anything wrong, it's a he said she said and usually most people take the women's side if it's disputed.

The point to me is that when you work for someone else, no matter how good you are at your job, you are at their whim.

I hope O'Reilly gets a new show or new network to crush the new direction of Fox News. If he did something improper, I hope he learned his lesson.

For now, thanks Bill O'Reilly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies