Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2017, 05:18 AM

14,532 posts, read 11,355,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
What an odd equivalency.
Y'all voted for a thrice-married serial adulterer and yet it's still all about Bill Clinton.
Might want to remove that log from your own eye before you try to condemn liberals for having "a very strange sense of right and wrong".

You do realize that being on the air is a very small part of a broadcaster's job, right?
If anything occurred while Mr. O'Reilly was on Fox property, he was at work.

In any event, they've lost too many advertisers to not take some sort of action.
Bill-o has simply cost them too much money at this point to keep looking the other way.
In the almost two decades since Bill O'Reilly was on prime time he's probably made them billions of dollars.

I highly doubt this was about money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2017, 05:20 AM

57,399 posts, read 26,447,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
"Crush the 'new direction' of Fox News?" Fox News is still the best News Network. Why would you want to have it "crushed?" The rest are all the same B.S., propagandist liars, spinning the "news" to create the 'narrative' they want you to believe. Fox at least tries to report the news honestly and without 'spin.' I can't stand the sour pusses on the other networks, the Rachael Madcow's and the Chris Matthews types, who all spread the same B.S., creating the 'narrative' that they want you to believe. They don't want you to think. They want to tell you what to think. They're all out of the same mold. They are the definition of "fake news."
There are many visit facets to Fox News from Hannity to Chris Wallace, Hannity is pure propaganda where as Wallace is one of the fairest people on the networks. Mixed in between are The Five, Bret Bair and others that are meant to be entertaining. Hannity will have the highest ratings now, O'Reilly was arrogant but he was fair.

Old 04-20-2017, 05:33 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,627,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Expat View Post
One thing obvious from the Liberals posting on this thread and really all of their threads....there is no end to their hatred. Which is why we need to keep our 2nd amendment rights to fight them when their attacks shift to physical.
Do you know any liberals IRL? I'm not being facetious, I'm quite serious. There are people on both sides of the aisle who associate with literally no one who does not share their political views.

My housemate and closest friend is a staunch conservative, although we agree on just enough things that I sometimes wonder how much of this is force of habit. Every time she makes a generalization about liberals, I ask her, "Do you think I am like that?" When she inevitably says no, I then ask, "Then why do you think most others are? I am not that special."

Are there mean-spirited, nasty liberals? Sure. There are also mean-spirited, nasty conservatives, and mean-spirited, nasty people who are completely indifferent to all things political.

Old 04-20-2017, 05:36 AM

34,941 posts, read 36,427,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
News? I thought it was an opinion show?
It was. Not news. Opinion.

Like Limbaugh. And any other show, left or right, with opinion as its basis.

Old 04-20-2017, 05:38 AM

34,941 posts, read 36,427,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Do you know any liberals IRL? I'm not being facetious, I'm quite serious. There are people on both sides of the aisle who associate with literally no one who does not share their political views.

My housemate and closest friend is a staunch conservative, although we agree on just enough things that I sometimes wonder how much of this is force of habit. Every time she makes a generalization about liberals, I ask her, "Do you think I am like that?" When she inevitably says no, I then ask, "Then why do you think most others are? I am not that special."

Are there mean-spirited, nasty liberals? Sure. There are also mean-spirited, nasty conservatives, and mean-spirited, nasty people who are completely indifferent to all things political.
I often wonder about this.

Especially when gun rights are mentioned.

I live in the Mid-Atlantic region (southern part). Liberals own guns here.

Old 04-20-2017, 05:54 AM

6,846 posts, read 3,437,839 times
One thing that bothered me about O' Reilly is that he constantly interrupted whoever he was interviewing. Other than that, he was okay. Kind of full of himself, but that's what happens a lot of times when you have success. It goes to your head.

Regarding the allegations, it seems the things he's accused of happened more than once or twice, which might lead you to believe there's something to it. Paying off people doesn't really make you look innocent, either. It look like hush money.

As for this being a witch hunt, there is probably something to that, too, but I think FOX did the right thing.

Old 04-20-2017, 06:02 AM

37,954 posts, read 17,974,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
This seems to be a liberal hetze from the left against Bill O'Reilly!

Just listened to Lisa Bloom stating her phone is ringing off the hook with accusers and many more will come forward! How does she know. Does she has a wish for that it a crystal ball!

She sounded like a left wing lawyer with only one goal... to nail a Republican tv host!
I see what you did there.

Old 04-20-2017, 06:05 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,627,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I often wonder about this.

Especially when gun rights are mentioned.

I live in the Mid-Atlantic region (southern part). Liberals own guns here.

Same here. I'm not anti-gun, by any means. I do think certain people shouldn't have them. If you have a history of violent crime, or think your dog is telling you to kill people, you don't need a firearm. -_-

Old 04-20-2017, 06:06 AM

25,917 posts, read 16,647,296 times
He's a caveman. He's very intelligent, 99% right in most everything political. But he's a crude caveman.

Old 04-20-2017, 06:08 AM

63,917 posts, read 46,950,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Sorry. It was a topical opinion show. Not news. One is reportage only, the other is not.

But not to worry. You will find someone you agree with soon enough.
I sometimes trend news junkie and tend to be more interested in the tactics used to spin, than the news.

I cannot imagine limiting my viewing to only those I agree with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies