Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2017, 01:24 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,623,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachie123 View Post
this is just silly. i am not a fan of the trumps. but i admit i am warming a little to melania. especially after the nudge to get the donald to put his hand on his heart. i thought that was funny. but this shoe thing is just stupid. she is dressed completely appropriate. so what her shoes are expensive. she's rich! of course her shoes are expensive! i think she looked pretty and, again, appropriate for the occasion. when i was a young girl i remember loving to see pretty clothes and shoes on women. i'm sure some of the girls for this occasion enjoyed seeing her fancy shmancy shoes.

i'm surprised there isn't more talk about how donald signed a kids hat and then threw it into the crowd, and then immediately took a second hat and did the same thing again! now that is rude and inappropriate.
Oh, for cryin out loud! This was proven as more fake news yet again by the dishonest media--not surprised the useful idiots on the left immediately fell for it.

FAKE NEWS: Politico, WaPo Smear Trump as Cruel to Boy Over Trump Hat Autograph Toss at White House Easter Egg Roll
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2017, 01:26 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,253,872 times
I read that yesterday and thought it was completely ridiculous. She's a wealthy woman. Did they expect her to walk in wearing something off the clearance rack at Walmart?

Her feet required shoes, so she put some on that went with her outfit.

Tempest in a teapot.

It's SO ridiculous, the way the media harps on the clothing worn by First Ladies. They're either underdressed, overdressed, too modest, not modest enough... really?

Do we not have better things to worry about?

Old 04-19-2017, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Oh, for cryin out loud! This was proven as more fake news yet again by the dishonest media--not surprised the useful idiots on the left immediately fell for it.

FAKE NEWS: Politico, WaPo Smear Trump as Cruel to Boy Over Trump Hat Autograph Toss at White House Easter Egg Roll
Actually, an Australian publication first reported it and NBC corrected it.

So... what's NBC now?

Old 04-19-2017, 01:31 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I read that yesterday and thought it was completely ridiculous. She's a wealthy woman. Did they expect her to walk in wearing something off the clearance rack at Walmart?

Her feet required shoes, so she put some on that went with her outfit.

Tempest in a teapot.

It's SO ridiculous, the way the media harps on the clothing worn by First Ladies. They're either underdressed, overdressed, too modest, not modest enough... really?

Do we not have better things to worry about?
i sometimes wonder what our first ladies would end up wearing if the media were to dress them as they see fit.

Old 04-19-2017, 01:33 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,109,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Continuing to sink to new lows due to politics.

She visits a home for abused children, gives them gifts, and some see fit to mock and insult her.

Some people truly have no shame or decency in this world.
While I agree that bashing Melania Trump is in poor taste, did you also say that "some people truly have no shame or decency in this world" when Michelle Obama was called "classless" for wearing a sleeveless dress and when Michelle Obama was referred to as a "gorilla?"

If you did, then good on ya.

Old 04-19-2017, 02:01 PM

36,529 posts, read 30,856,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
While I agree that bashing Melania Trump is in poor taste, did you also say that "some people truly have no shame or decency in this world" when Michelle Obama was called "classless" for wearing a sleeveless dress and when Michelle Obama was referred to as a "gorilla?"

It doesn't matter if it is Melania, Michelle, Hillary it is in poor taste to to shame or bash any of the first ladies on their looks. They are out there trying to do good and fulfill the perceived obligations of the first lady. They all deserve respect.
We can respectfully disagree with their decisions and "projects" but nit picking their clothes, hair style, etc.

Old 04-19-2017, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
i sometimes wonder what our first ladies would end up wearing if the media were to dress them as they see fit.
*imagine photo of June Cleaver*

Old 04-19-2017, 03:09 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,094,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
*imagine photo of June Cleaver*
Ward, don't you think you were a little hard on the Beaver last night?

Old 04-19-2017, 05:55 PM

1,769 posts, read 1,233,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post

relax. why so angry? it's not a big deal. you snowflakes are so sensitive.

but you know what, i did see another video of the hat toss in question from another angle. he did not throw the hat back to the kid (teen), he threw it up in the air off to the left from where the teen was standing and the teen moved and reached way over to get it. trump definitely did not throw it right back to him or even up in the air right in front of the teen. and then he did the same thing again, throwing the hat up, not near to the person who handed it to him. also, what about the guy on the left of the screen, standing to trumps right? look at the look he gives when trump throws the first one, a sort of look of shock, and then a grimace for the second one. he grabs the pen from trump and walks away with a look on his face that says "what a jerk". i watched the video a few times and i still see him throw two hats into the air, not back to the people who gave him the hats to sign.

and thanks but no thanks, i'm not clicking on any link to the gateway pundit.

and also, i'm not liberal or "on the left". so there!

i'm not even sure what a "useful idiot on the left" is. if you're going to be an idiot, i guess a useful one is the best kind to be!

Old 04-19-2017, 06:01 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,259,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post

I'll believe that first ladies are judged equally and forum users are not hypocrites when they start calling her Moochelania or Meldawg or Killania.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies