Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2017, 07:41 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,607,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
I love how the Trumpskulls on this thread are claiming "victory" because Ossof didn't get to 50%.

It's sort of like a wrestler being flat on his back for all three periods and getting beat 24-0 and claiming he "won" because he didn't get pinned.
Nobody should be claiming any victory since there is no victor.

What percentage of the vote do you predict Ossoff will get in the runoff?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2017, 07:51 AM

17,790 posts, read 13,682,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Nobody should be claiming any victory since there is no victor.

What percentage of the vote do you predict Ossoff will get in the runoff?
If Ossof were to get just the rest of the dem votes that puts him at 49% of the the vote that was cast in this primary. The key issue is that Gray was second among the republicans and he is a Trump guy. Handel apparently is a traditional republican. And there are all those other R's on the list. Ossof doesn't need very many of them to stay home in the runoff for him to get over the top.

Basically, it looks like the Republicans need to get all those people in Handel's camp to beat Ossof. Which is pretty incredible when you consider the history of this district.

Old 04-19-2017, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Well this board has more liberal posters so that makes sense.

Really? I haven't been here long so I haven't seen it.

But this whole registering as a party is odd to me. I know in the primary election process it plays a roll for nominating a candidate. But I'm not registered. I refuse
It's still early, but so far in the "remove party from the ballots" thread, 100% of the opposition comes from the liberal side.

Old 04-19-2017, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
If Ossof were to get just the rest of the dem votes that puts him at 49% of the the vote that was cast in this primary. The key issue is that Gray was second among the republicans and he is a Trump guy. Handel apparently is a traditional republican. And there are all those other R's on the list. Ossof doesn't need very many of them to stay home in the runoff for him to get over the top.

Basically, it looks like the Republicans need to get all those people in Handel's camp to beat Ossof. Which is pretty incredible when you consider the history of this district.
If the Koch brothers show up with a $10 million check for the Handel campaign, I'd say Ossoff's goose will be cooked.

Old 04-19-2017, 07:57 AM

1,873 posts, read 2,406,713 times
It just amazes me how many liberals and conservatives want to declare victory or defeat based on every little blip in the news cycle, even fake news often. We have surely become a society with an awfully short attention span. Thoughtful, constructive discussion is lost on most people these days.

Old 04-19-2017, 07:58 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,004,475 times
i do think the Republicans will win the run off...but if Ossoff still gets more than 45% more the vote -- and it looks like he will get 48/49 percent.....that's AMAZING.

This is not a swing district. This is a Republican stronghold.

Old 04-19-2017, 08:00 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,108,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
We don't agree on much on the football end either since I am an Eagles' fan. .
Dude!? not cool! LOL

Old 04-19-2017, 08:04 AM

18,010 posts, read 27,456,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Liberals still are not getting that bashing and not taking responsibility for the last 8 years is not getting them any win other then in the 9 th circuit liberal court which sooner than later will be overturned.

It is amazing to follow the hate, bashing and still not getting it, that is going on in the Democratic Party and in liberal media 24/7

CNN even started to be positive about Megan Kelly and sounding like she is one of them. Well they can claim her, McCain and Lindsay Graham all day and enjoy wasting their time while Republicans enjoy each day that we have President Trump.

Even giving rewards to Chelsea Clinton will not help them other then be the joke of the day.
Oh but they're taking credit for a win! They almost got 50%, they almost ran, they showed, participation Trophy!

Not like they wasted much money there huh?

Hey Samuel Jackson, Mer Fer, what's in your wallet? Not such a bmf-er after all, huh?

Old 04-19-2017, 08:07 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,771,287 times
Is the OP really a serious poster?

Old 04-19-2017, 08:09 AM

1,873 posts, read 2,406,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Is the OP really a serious poster?
If you're looking for serious posters on P&OC, you'll be pleased about 5% of the time. Willfully ignorant partisans drowned out serious posters here a long time ago. It's too bad, it would be nice if there was a place with predominantly serious political discussions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies