Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2017, 08:12 PM

16,912 posts, read 10,616,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
ONLY in your 'reefer madness' imagination.
You dug this topic up on Thanksgiving just to make that comment?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2017, 10:16 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,245,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
You dug this topic up on Thanksgiving just to make that comment?
https://www.city-data.com/forum/50205632-post90.html

This thread was bumped on 10-22, not 10-23.

Old 11-24-2017, 01:15 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,730,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Stole my thunder.
Big government lapdogs don't have thunder -more like 5 minutes of light drizzle.

Old 11-24-2017, 01:00 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,286,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
Can anyone comment on whether or not 4-ACO-DMT can be used to treat PTSD?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
Is 4 ACO-DMT the same substance as MDMA? I'm also interested in researching magic mushroomsas a treatment for PTSD.
4-AcO-DMT is not MDMA. They are quite different. 4-AcO-DMT is an analogue for psilocybin. There are other analogues for MDMA. If you want to learn more (and you need to, if you're thinking about using any of these), you'll need to start some research on Erowid, Bluelight, Drugs-Forum, Reddit, etc.

Are there potential applications for using MDMA analogues to help treat PTSD? Yes, I would say there are, but these kinds of things really need to be used in a controlled, professional setting, and unfortunately much of the clinical research that should have been in progress for decades has been stifled. It's only in the last couple of years that research into the use of MDMA for helping treat various psychological issues including PTSD has been conducted. It is not a magic bullet. But there is a promising notion that empathogens such as MDMA can open patients to revisiting past trauma or confronting current issues with much-reduced anxiety and pain, which may help them deal with these issues and move past them.

Are there potential applications for using 4-ACO-DMT or psilocybin or other analogues to help treat PTSD? Yes, and more research has been done in this area. But it is still not a magic bullet. These molecules can be very powerful, and can temporarily (or even permanently) reconfigure how the brain works (neurogenesis).

Again, I highly recommend absorbing lots of information. There is ample data on the internet. It's way way way beyond my ability to explain in detail here.

Old 11-24-2017, 04:44 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,157,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
Do they erode the ability to spell?
The I and the O keys are right next to each other. Fussing over a typo is not an argument.

Old 11-24-2017, 08:40 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,768,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
4-AcO-DMT is not MDMA. They are quite different. 4-AcO-DMT is an analogue for psilocybin. There are other analogues for MDMA. If you want to learn more (and you need to, if you're thinking about using any of these), you'll need to start some research on Erowid, Bluelight, Drugs-Forum, Reddit, etc.

Are there potential applications for using MDMA analogues to help treat PTSD? Yes, I would say there are, but these kinds of things really need to be used in a controlled, professional setting, and unfortunately much of the clinical research that should have been in progress for decades has been stifled. It's only in the last couple of years that research into the use of MDMA for helping treat various psychological issues including PTSD has been conducted. It is not a magic bullet. But there is a promising notion that empathogens such as MDMA can open patients to revisiting past trauma or confronting current issues with much-reduced anxiety and pain, which may help them deal with these issues and move past them.

Are there potential applications for using 4-ACO-DMT or psilocybin or other analogues to help treat PTSD? Yes, and more research has been done in this area. But it is still not a magic bullet. These molecules can be very powerful, and can temporarily (or even permanently) reconfigure how the brain works (neurogenesis).

Again, I highly recommend absorbing lots of information. There is ample data on the internet. It's way way way beyond my ability to explain in detail here.
Thanks for that!

Old 11-25-2017, 11:30 AM

31,292 posts, read 20,776,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Sure they do, if your drug use negatively impacts other people.
You can say that about anything including bicycles, fishing poles, aspirin, vodka, etc.

Old 11-25-2017, 11:32 AM

31,292 posts, read 20,776,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Ah yes, more drug addicts. Just what a country full of mentally ill people really needs next. Most of them drive, too. Let's just keep piling on the dumb ideas so we can all escape our crappy reality instead of actually trying to fix it.
Why do you want more drug addicts?

Old 11-25-2017, 11:34 AM

37,167 posts, read 19,268,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Local paper had this article today:

We're Entering A New Golden Age of Psychedelics, and Portland is Leading the Way - Willamette Week

Looks like the next legalization attempt could be mushrooms. Given that it basically impossible to die from a overdose on them it seems reasonable....but anyone taking too much is going to have some serious regret. I'm not sure they should not be regulated. The consequences for taking too many can be....unpleasant. But I suppose the same is true of alcohol.

What are peoples thoughts? Anyone here tried micro-dosing for example?
Some disclosure-I have friends who do, and report that its helped them with some issues. And externally I have to agree.
That would be cool. I'd love to sit on the beach again on an overcast day and watch the tracers when the sesgulls fly by.

Old 11-25-2017, 01:37 PM

1,203 posts, read 621,093 times
It's obviously going to be MDMA. It is about to start its phase 3 study. Its researchers are working with FDA and DEA to prove it is effective for PTSD treatment. Early trials have been good. At the conclusion of the trial, its status will be reviewed. If effective it will be changed to schedule 2. The issue will be if FDA will want to make it a rems drug or limit distribution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies