Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-19-2017, 10:21 PM
 
Location: Keller, TX
5,658 posts, read 6,294,590 times
Reputation: 4111

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
It's the same with Ketamine. It's done wonders for people who have had life long depression when nothing else works.
Yep. My ex's friend was trying to be part of a UT Southwestern Medical Center Ketamine study for severely depressed subjects. I need to follow up and see if she was accepted.

I've never tried Ketamine, but I've used Methoxetamine, which has similarities (they're both dissociatives).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-19-2017, 10:24 PM
 
Location: New Jersey
16,912 posts, read 10,636,487 times
Reputation: 16443
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
[/b]

In controlled circumstances, maybe it is. But since Trump wants to reduce the amount of funding that NIH gets for research we may never know.
Just can't post anything without taking a swipe at Trump? Heroin could be used similar to morphine in a controlled environment, but it's not used because it's far more addictive and powerful. The problem is that these pro drug people want to take drugs out of controlled environments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-19-2017, 10:26 PM
 
32,147 posts, read 15,167,905 times
Reputation: 13756
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
Yep. My ex's friend was trying to be part of a UT Southwestern Medical Center Ketamine study for severely depressed subjects. I need to follow up and see if she was accepted.

I've never tried Ketamine, but I've used Methoxetamine, which has similarities (they're both dissociatives).
Is that FDA approved. I've never heard of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-19-2017, 10:31 PM
 
32,147 posts, read 15,167,905 times
Reputation: 13756
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Just can't post anything without taking a swipe at Trump? Heroin could be used similar to morphine in a controlled environment, but it's not used because it's far more addictive and powerful. The problem is that these pro drug people want to take drugs out of controlled environments.
I have posted a lot without taking a swipe at Trump. But Trump wanting to take away funds from medical research is irresponsible and stupid. And we all will suffer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-19-2017, 10:35 PM
 
2,950 posts, read 1,644,524 times
Reputation: 3797
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
I have plenty of thought on the subject which has left me with zero tolerance because I've seen the results of these pro-drug policies. And we have all now seen the result of the medical marijuana BS that has essentially led to complete decriminalize in some places.
Good God, you're ignorant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-19-2017, 10:40 PM
 
Location: Self explanatory
12,601 posts, read 7,260,064 times
Reputation: 16799
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Oh here we go, the "medicinal" argument. I also hear that heroin is a good pain killer.
Sure seems that big pharma has thought so, capitalized on, and driven hundreds of thousand not only to using actual heroin, but to a grave.

What's your point?

My post had NOTHING to do with opiates, but the topic at hand, of which there are reams of paper studies you can actually read regarding the positive effects of some psychedelics and the issues I mentioned.

Your posts makes me think that the only muscle you aren't flexing is your brain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-19-2017, 10:43 PM
 
Location: New Jersey
16,912 posts, read 10,636,487 times
Reputation: 16443
Quote:
Originally Posted by jburress View Post
Good God, you're ignorant.
Yes, oh so ignorant. Go talk to some EMS workers who are giving narcan to people twice in one day. And yes I know that pot and heroin are not the same but the overall drug addict mentality is the same in the end.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-19-2017, 10:44 PM
 
Location: Self explanatory
12,601 posts, read 7,260,064 times
Reputation: 16799
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
I have plenty of thought on the subject which has left me with zero tolerance because I've seen the results of these pro-drug policies. And we have all now seen the result of the medical marijuana BS that has essentially led to complete decriminalize in some places.
Please, list the downfalls, I'll wait, patiently.

Where cannabis has been legalized, the local government is overly happy and glad with the results, even those that were against it have changed their tune.

The ones having problems are the entrepreneurs that can't bank legally with the banking system and are stuck with an all cash business.

Has the sky fallen? Are people dieing? Are there cannabis addicts robbing grandmothers and murdering for drug territory?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-19-2017, 10:56 PM
 
Location: New Jersey
16,912 posts, read 10,636,487 times
Reputation: 16443
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Please, list the downfalls, I'll wait, patiently.

Where cannabis has been legalized, the local government is overly happy and glad with the results, even those that were against it have changed their tune.

The ones having problems are the entrepreneurs that can't bank legally with the banking system and are stuck with an all cash business.

Has the sky fallen? Are people dieing? Are there cannabis addicts robbing grandmothers and murdering for drug territory?
Just a few: massive increase in dui-related deaths due to pot, massive increase in ED visits, increaded use in kids... the list goes on. https://www.google.com/amp/dailysign...-colorado/amp/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-19-2017, 10:56 PM
 
2,950 posts, read 1,644,524 times
Reputation: 3797
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
I have plenty of thought on the subject which has left me with zero tolerance because I've seen the results of these pro-drug policies. And we have all now seen the result of the medical marijuana BS that has essentially led to complete decriminalize in some places.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Yes, oh so ignorant. Go talk to some EMS workers who are giving narcan to people twice in one day. And yes I know that pot and heroin are not the same but the overall drug addict mentality is the same in the end.
You think medicinal cannabis leads to drug addiction.

You're ignorant on the subject. You're view was debunked over 20 years ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:21 AM.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top