Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2017, 10:59 PM

32,127 posts, read 15,116,982 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Just a few: massive increase in dui-related deaths due to pot, massive increase in ED visits, increaded use in kids... the list goes on. https://www.google.com/amp/dailysign...-colorado/amp/
And the list goes on for the benefits
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2017, 11:05 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,242,144 times
Quote:
Just a few: massive increase in dui-related deaths due to pot, massive increase in ED visits, increaded use in kids... the list goes on. https://www.google.com/amp/dailysign...-colorado/amp/
Massive increase? Have you been reading too much of the prohibitionist funded Rocky Mountain high report?

Perhaps they have been there all along, but it's only now that tests are being done?

Even if there IS a case of ER Visit, the good things, NO ONE DIES. Idiots who don't know what they are getting into don't know that the peak will come and go, they will be fine, after a nap. Don't be Maureen Dowd.

Even giving you the benefit of the doubt, your article states 7, yes 7 negative side effects of reformation of cannabis laws.

Surely you would agree that there are FAR MORE than 7 bad side effects of the opioid epidemic, no? Or do you prefer to deny reality?

Old 04-19-2017, 11:07 PM

16,912 posts, read 10,613,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
And the list goes on for the benefits
There are no benefits except to public funds that are often pilfered away.

Old 04-19-2017, 11:12 PM

16,912 posts, read 10,613,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Massive increase? Have you been reading too much of the prohibitionist funded Rocky Mountain high report?

Perhaps they have been there all along, but it's only now that tests are being done?

Even if there IS a case of ER Visit, the good things, NO ONE DIES. Idiots who don't know what they are getting into don't know that the peak will come and go, they will be fine, after a nap. Don't be Maureen Dowd.

Even giving you the benefit of the doubt, your article states 7, yes 7 negative side effects of reformation of cannabis laws.

Surely you would agree that there are FAR MORE than 7 bad side effects of the opioid epidemic, no? Or do you prefer to deny reality?
Seven in that one article alone. Is heroin worse? Yes. But that doesn't mean pot is harmless and should be legal. Or "shrooms" or whatever drug they think up next.

Old 04-19-2017, 11:13 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,407,321 times
Quote:
LOL.

OR...this is crazy..,..,OR you could get the actual data and look into it. Including the fact that opiate issues re greatly reduced where pot is legal. Or simply compare it ti alcohol which IS legal.

But this is about something different. This is about psilocybin. (I have 0 idea how to pronounce that).

Its gaining traction as a treatment for mental issues, and among the high tech groups as a enhancement drug alongside lsd. It does make you ask the slippery slope question, but so far nothing that concerns me. I honestly can't imagine the drugs that do concern me being made legal ever.

Old 04-19-2017, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Seven in that one article alone. Is heroin worse? Yes. But that doesn't mean pot is harmless and should be legal. Or "shrooms" or whatever drug they think up next.
Is cannabis on the same level as cocaine and heroin?
Is cannabis MORE harmful than methamphetamine or cocaine?

I cannabis worse that alcohol?

Please, answer truthfully.

Old 04-19-2017, 11:23 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,285,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
This is about psilocybin. (I have 0 idea how to pronounce that).
I've always used SILL-oh-SIGH-bin.

Old 04-19-2017, 11:31 PM

Quote:
There are no benefits except to public funds that are often pilfered away.
Please, educate yourself:

https://www.livinghealthyallday.com/...abinoid-system

This is well written, thoroughly researched, cites ALL SOURCES, and is FAR more than some High Times piece. It also addresses some of the negative aspects of cannabis. If you can honestly dispute all of this, than please, have at it.

Old 04-20-2017, 12:52 AM

7,646 posts, read 9,966,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Sure they do, if your drug use negatively impacts other people.
If someone steals to buy drugs put them in jail. But if Mikey Jackson wants to medicate to overdose it's his money and choice. IMHO

Old 04-20-2017, 08:21 AM

5,658 posts, read 6,285,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Is that FDA approved? I've never heard of it.
No, MXE is not approved.

https://psychonautwiki.org/wiki/Methoxetamine

It's grey in the US -- not illegal, but they could go after someone if they wanted to, under the Analogue Act. I obtained mine from Church of Neuroscience (I was a "parishioner" and it was a "sacrament"). It's been pretty much unavailable nationwide since 2015.

I took it "recreationally" -- which just means it wasn't prescribed and I wasn't under the supervision of a lab even though for some here the word "recreationally" probably conjures up images of dumb overheating kids at a rave or strung out addicts in a decrepit roach-infested tenement. In reality I used it while meditating, under very controlled setting and mindset, after doing a huge amount of reading about it, no more often than once a month.

All of these dissociatives -- DXM (i.e. cough suppressant), PCP, Ketamine, and MXE -- have a similar family of effects but each has distinct effects as well that also depend on the individual's biology. MXE was an incredibly clean headspace -- pure thought. It was profound. I particularly remember one time when I felt like my mind was unfurled like a giant tarp across a vast empty floor of an office building, and I was able to run SQL queries against it using whatever filters and variables I wanted. I was able to remember details and sensations and feelings of my childhood that I had never recalled prior, but they were vivid and tangible. One of the most amazing nights of the past five years. This, afterward, energized me and spurred me to change a few things in my life.

I haven't regretted any psychedelic experience I've ever had, even the viciously dysphoric salvia trips. I don't ever touch things like coke / opioids / amphetamines.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies