Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2017, 12:31 PM

34,289 posts, read 19,437,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
Why? I have never done meth, and am about as anti-meth as anyone else. But since prohibition failed completely for alcohol and is failing miserably for cannabis, what makes you think it works for any other drug, including meth?

If someone is on meth, they have some pretty big problems to deal with. I can't see how throwing them in jail helps them, but I can see many different ways that it could harm them.
The sheer addictiveness of it, and resulting desperation, and physical damage ends up affecting others in a truly staggering amount. Alcohol is worse then most illegal drugs....except meth. Alcohol can be used responsibly, I have never seen anyone do that with meth.

And I agree-those addicted need help not imprisonment. But those selling it? Not so much-unless they also are addicted.

Some things you can be addicted to, and it doesn't harm others. Caffeine for example. but meth really does.

psilocybin is not addictive, and doesn't appear to do any damage or cause significant damage to others. And so far in this thread I haven't seen any serious disagreement about that. So if this comes to vote in my state, I will vote for it I think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2017, 03:45 PM

16,912 posts, read 10,635,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Is cannabis on the same level as cocaine and heroin?
Is cannabis MORE harmful than methamphetamine or cocaine?

I cannabis worse that alcohol?

Please, answer truthfully.
That's like arguing about whether gonorrhea is worse than syphilis. Pretty pointless.

Old 04-20-2017, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Please, educate yourself:

https://www.livinghealthyallday.com/...abinoid-system

This is well written, thoroughly researched, cites ALL SOURCES, and is FAR more than some High Times piece. It also addresses some of the negative aspects of cannabis. If you can honestly dispute all of this, than please, have at it.
I've read wnough pro-drug propaganda for one week.

Old 04-20-2017, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
I've been interested in the world of psychedelics, dissociatives, cannabinoids, and empathogens for two decades, and a member of Bluelight, Shroomery, DMT Nexus, Drugs-Forum, Erowid, Reddit Psychonaut, and others for as long as those have been around, and you and I seem to have come to conclusions about these that are the antithesis of each other.
You have talked throughout this topic about all the different drugs you use. That's why you "came to a different conclusion."

Old 04-20-2017, 04:19 PM

6,933 posts, read 2,402,287 times
I have tripped out many times in my youth, mostly at Grateful Dead shows, lol.

Mushrooms vs. "acid".... With the acid tabs back then, you had no idea of dosage qty. Hit or miss...or perhaps a bit too much. With shrooms, you can choose to either go bonkers, or just a nibble....you can meter your dose. It is nothing like opioids at all as in addiction or withdrawal.

Old 04-20-2017, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Why do you want to invest so much power in the state to hold sovereign individuals as mere subjects who can be controlled as to what they do with their own minds and own bodies? Psilocybin may have been used by humans as far back as 10,000 years ago. Some think it goes much further back then that, back to pre-civilization early humans.

But as to the "whatever drug they think up next" -- so you're saying you don't know what it is, don't know what it does, don't know the range of neuro/psycho/pharmacological effects of it... yet you know it is bad, already, just by your labeling it a "drug?" I find that attitude absolutist and anti-intellectual.
Yes, drug users have been around for a long time. How did a culture of smoking peyote work out for the American Indians?

Old 04-20-2017, 04:41 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,294,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
You have talked throughout this topic about all the different drugs you use. That's why you "came to a different conclusion."
Sure, I don't believe one can make a cogent and informed conclusion without having experienced things first-hand.

Old 04-20-2017, 04:46 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,294,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
How did a culture of smoking peyote work out for the American Indians?
Are you implying native American tribes who experienced genocide were led down that path because they used peyote as a spiritual sacrament? No, that can't be right -- what are you asking??

Old 04-20-2017, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Sure, I don't believe one can make a cogent and informed conclusion without having experienced things first-hand.
Another excuse for a drug user for using drugs.

Old 04-20-2017, 04:49 PM

4,428 posts, read 6,523,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Local paper had this article today:

We're Entering A New Golden Age of Psychedelics, and Portland is Leading the Way - Willamette Week

Looks like the next legalization attempt could be mushrooms. Given that it basically impossible to die from a overdose on them it seems reasonable....but anyone taking too much is going to have some serious regret. I'm not sure they should not be regulated. The consequences for taking too many can be....unpleasant. But I suppose the same is true of alcohol.

What are peoples thoughts? Anyone here tried micro-dosing for example?
Some disclosure-I have friends who do, and report that its helped them with some issues. And externally I have to agree.
https://youtu.be/Xv1k4Dug7_8
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies