Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2017, 04:58 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,285,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Another excuse for a drug user for using drugs.
Eh. Doesn't affect you. I've never regretted being a psychonaut. It's my mind, I'll do what I want with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2017, 05:29 PM

16,912 posts, read 10,614,919 times
Cross post - more wonderful benefits of legal drugs:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...-homicide.html

Old 04-20-2017, 05:41 PM

3,129 posts, read 1,336,060 times
Thank you for telling me all the way from Jersey how things are here in Colorado. I will definitely trust you, along with anything I read, over what I see, hear, feel, touch, smell, and think.

Old 04-20-2017, 05:52 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,409,333 times
Quote:

See this is the sort of nonsense I love. You force a business to only use cash, point out some people being killed for the cash, then blame them instead of the root cause. IE forcing them to only handle cash, and not use banks.

Then you think its relevant to cross post your nonsense in another topic.

Old 04-24-2017, 09:20 AM

5,658 posts, read 6,285,665 times
More on micro-dosing:

LSD Microdoses Make People Feel Sharper, and Scientists Want to Know How

Old 04-24-2017, 09:23 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,121,809 times
Quote:

I ripped this story to shreds in that post.

Conservatives will believe anything they read if it agrees with them, but there is very little truth to that article.

Old 04-24-2017, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
I ripped this story to shreds in that post.

Conservatives will believe anything they read if it agrees with them, but there is very little truth to that article.
It's really not conservatives. There are just too many of us that are not prohibitionists. So unless you are specifically wanting to get a dig in against conservatives, I think the more accurate statement (as in 100% accurate) is:

Prohibitionists will believe anything they read if it agrees with them, but there is very little truth to that article.

Old 04-24-2017, 09:41 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,121,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
It's really not conservatives. There are just too many of us that are not prohibitionists. So unless you are specifically wanting to get a dig in against conservatives, I think the more accurate statement (as in 100% accurate) is:

Prohibitionists will believe anything they read if it agrees with them, but there is very little truth to that article.
Fair enough. You can word it however you like. As long as you're aware that I live in Colorado and work in downtown Denver, so I probably know more about what is actually happening here than some random City-Data poster from _________ (insert random US state here). Many people against legalization of marijuana in that thread tried paint a picture as if Colorado has become a war zone and there are drugged-out crazy people running the streets of downtown Denver. They couldn't have been more wrong and ended up embarrassing themselves.

I'm here. I'm in Denver. And since the legalization of Marijuana, the state of Colorado is exploding with money.

- Denver is the #2 hottest housing market in the United States (after San Fran) The economy is BOOMING.

- Denver housing prices have never been higher. Denver property values have broken their own record highs every month for the last few years.

- $300,000,000 in tax revenue generated in 2016 by pot tax

- $43 million of pot tax revenue went directly to Colorado Public Schools

Denver Tourismis at an all-time high, generating tens of millions each year since 2014

- 17,000 FULL-TIME jobs have been created by Colorado's legal marijuana industry.

I triple dog dare anybody to argue with me that the legalization of marijuana in Colorado has been anything but 100% positive for the state.

Unfortunately for many people who were against the legalization of pot, the state of Colorado did not become hell on earth like many of them hoped it would. Sorry.

Old 04-24-2017, 09:53 AM

I agree. I live here too, only I'm down in the southern part of the state.

The only downside that some people come up with which is true is the tremendous influx of people, both good and bad. Prohibitionists, especially those who live here, refuse to see the bigger picture on this issue, which is that the problem will ease as more states legalize.

Old 04-25-2017, 06:27 PM

4,828 posts, read 7,465,057 times
Quote:
I triple dog dare anybody to argue with me that the legalization of marijuana in Colorado has been anything but 100% positive for the state.

Unfortunately for many people who were against the legalization of pot, the state of Colorado did not become hell on earth like many of them hoped it would. Sorry.

The exact same thing can be said for Oregon and Washington.

All those dire predictions of doom and gloom, but in reality nothing bad has happened at all.

In fact, if it's been anything, it's been very positive.

Our coastline is one big destination vacation spot for tourists from all over the country.

You should see the long summertime lines at the dispensaries on the coast.
I don't think any of them are Oregonians!

That should tell you something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies