Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2017, 04:14 AM

68,297 posts, read 54,124,717 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
"The resistance" comes across as devisive rebellion that needs put down. Not very productive and certainly immature. This is not WWII France. Playground bullies need to grow up already.

When are the faithful gonna break that no doubt shocking news to Donny?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2017, 04:27 AM

4,139 posts, read 4,507,260 times
No skin off my ass if he wins again, which I do believe is a possibility. I'll be retired and be living elsewhere. I think the deplorables deserve another four years of Trump. If he has been successful at one thing, it's identifying how wide spread the ignorance of Americans is.

Old 04-20-2017, 04:56 AM

6,594 posts, read 4,973,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
I'm a liberal, but you might be right. White nationalism and identity politics are forces too strong to be overcome in the present. There will be more wars and corporate welfare, and the Republican plutocrats will be laughing to the bank as debt is racked up. As long Trump talks big game against Muslims and SJWs, the rural electorate will be fine with pissing their economy and social fabric away.

In 10 years when rural voters see that things have gotten worse for them and not better, they will come to their senses and hopefully vote on pragmatism over identity politics.
Its impossible to predict, but I do think trumps supporters will demand results, you dont need them to vote Democrat you just need them not to vote, disengagement due to fail policies will be enough.

Old 04-20-2017, 05:31 AM

13,242 posts, read 4,886,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
"Truth here in the forums"? BWAAA HAHAHAHA! This is a mostly Con forum filled with plenty of out-there opinions, but the truth is scarcer than a unicorn around here. Your post is a great example. Camille Paglia is an extreme ivory tower academic who is a LIBERTARIAN. Actual Bernie supporters voted for Hillary as Bernie asked us to. Paglia voted for Jill Stein because she hated the two major candidates for president - not because she's a Dem OR a Bernie fan. If you don't believe me, check out the Wiki article on Camille Paglia.

I think it's a tad early to be making predictions re "temper tantrums," especially since they are not dying down any - instead more people are becoming ever more fed up. The minority who make up 45's base can't see what is clear to the rest of us, so they have to make do with digging up obscure interviews with cranks like Ms. Paglia.

If you must quote a Libertarian, why not make it Rand Paul? I like him much better.
Like most Libertarians, Ms Paglia is most likely just a Republican in drag, as here ~ the DENIAL-ICAN type with a loopy libertarian twist:

Lefty Cartoons » Blog Archive » The 24 Types of Libertarian

These are no Bernie Sanders supporters, he knows that, they know it, why not simply stop the charade?

They just don't want to be blamed for whoever is elected, 'don't blame me! is their impotent yet important message. It was tired 3 decades ago.

Old 04-20-2017, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Trump is trying to accomplish everything he campaigned on. Unfortunately the libs and establishment Republicans are trying to hinder him in every way
His loyalty is to his 'brand' anything done is to increase brand awareness & blind faith in the 'brand' nothing more, nothing less. My prediction is he'll be fortunate to complete his term. He has already accomplished his main objective. The only thing 'hindering' him is reality.

Old 04-20-2017, 05:56 AM

34,937 posts, read 36,122,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Trump is trying to accomplish everything he campaigned on. Unfortunately the libs and establishment Republicans are trying to hinder him in every way
Trump is hindering Trump most of all.

Old 04-20-2017, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Trump is hindering Trump most of all.
That too! He's his own worst enemy. Also, he's fallen for his own con job ~ it'd be helpful for him to be honest with himself first before attempting to con others.

Old 04-20-2017, 06:35 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,765,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
I'm a liberal, but you might be right. White nationalism and identity politics are forces too strong to be overcome in the present. There will be more wars and corporate welfare, and the Republican plutocrats will be laughing to the bank as debt is racked up. As long Trump talks big game against Muslims and SJWs, the rural electorate will be fine with pissing their economy and social fabric away.

In 10 years when rural voters see that things have gotten worse for them and not better, they will come to their senses and hopefully vote on pragmatism over identity politics.
I agree with everything above except the bold.

I think a large amount of rural and conservative voters alike will never admit that their candidates were/are bad for them and so they won't come to their senses.

In regards to 2020, it depends IMO on the candidate. I don't think Trump will win in all of the Midwest states that he won in 2020 mostly because people just didn't like HRC and they didn't vote due to that. If the dems get a good candidate and the fact that many center left voters don't like Trump all that much, may make re-election difficult for Trump. If the dems don't get an exciting candidate, I think Trump will win again.

Old 04-20-2017, 08:39 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,777,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Very little has been accomplished yet, and Trump still has over 3 years to go.
Camille Paglia was way, way too premature. But then, she's always been intentionally outrageous in what she says.
Yeah these Berniecrats voting Stein did hurt Clinton in some places. Regardless of the Democrat National Committee stuff (Bernie had to run the board anyway even without it) helped gift wrap this election in some states like Michigan. The close states like Florida, Michigan and Pennsylvania can be pointed to due to Berniecrats not voting or voting third party as a protest. This is why I hate voting third parties, it just gives others the choice to pick our next president.

I do think that IF we don't see prices stall if not drop from "Draining the Swamp," radicalized Islamic threats stomped and the economy improving, Trump will lose. Honestly I see this happening.

Old 04-20-2017, 08:46 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,730,179 times
Will he be running from prison? Because he won't be in office in 4 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies