Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2017, 11:48 AM

62,872 posts, read 29,110,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Many people in America are even more amazed that a little bigot from a 3rd world type state such as Alabama is the Attorney General of the US.

How is Sessions a bigot?

Old 04-21-2017, 11:53 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,411,561 times
Hawaii is the last state and has demographics not representative of the USA. They are also not at risk for a terrorist attack. So yeah a judge from some outpost of the Empire shouldn't be deciding for the entire country.

Old 04-21-2017, 11:54 AM

5,472 posts, read 3,223,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
How is Sessions a bigot?
Try the dictionary, it may be helpful to understand the word, before you pose it as a questions.

bigot- "definition" : a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance.

Old 04-21-2017, 12:01 PM

9,885 posts, read 10,968,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
One would have to be a ignorant bumpkin to not understand what Sessions said.

Where did Session say that Hawaii is not a state?

What he is amazed by, is that some state would stop the president from doing what he is clearly authorized to do.

I guess that is too much for the ignorant bumpkins to understand.
I wondered about that, too!

The last time I looked at a map, Oahu was certainly "an island in the Pacific".
It is in the United States Code that the President has the absolute power to make a Proclamation restricting immigration. In fact, according to google, obama used that law 19 times, bush used it 6 times, and good ol' slick willy clinton used it 12 times. NONE of those Presidential Proclamations were interfered with by any court!
I wonder why trump's proclamations, using the identical United States Code, were blocked by the courts??

Old 04-21-2017, 12:08 PM

9,885 posts, read 10,968,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
What I am amazed about is anyone from Alabama dissing Hawaii. I mean who dreams of relocating to Alabama?
I would be more likely to relocate to Alabama than Hawaii. I spent two years there, in the Army. I was almost glad when we were ordered to Vietnam! I didn't meet that many racist, bigoted, prejudiced people when I spent a year in Memphis.
I'm with Sessions. It is amazing that a judge doesn't know about the applicable United States Code!

Old 04-21-2017, 12:32 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,474,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
AG Sessions says he's 'amazed that a judge sitting on an island in the Pacific' can block Trump's immigration order - CNNPolitics.com

The ignorance of this bumpkin White trash Attorney General is astonishing. Hawaii has been a state since 1959 and was a territory before that since 1898.

He simply stuck so far back in time that he doesn't even know that the US annexed Hawaii under the Newlands Resolution? I thought he was merely stuck in the 1950s ... it looks like he is actually stuck in the 1860s!
Hawaii ( a state) is an island (or group of islands) in the pacific....so his statement is factual

and it is astonishing that this liberal judge is violating the constitution, which give the potus complete power to limit and deny foreigners to enter the USA

the law states "the President may proclaim and for such period as he shall deem necessary, suspend the entry of all aliens and class of aliens as immigrants or non-immigrants that he believes would be detrimental to the interests of the United States"

Old 04-21-2017, 12:38 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,700,000 times
I want all of the Trump administration to keep insulting federal judges. Pi$$ 'em off!

They have life-time appointments and so are not subject to political intimidation and will be ruling on all the dumb stuff Trump and the GOP try to do over the next few years.

Keep it up, Jeff.

Old 04-21-2017, 12:39 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,361,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
I would be more likely to relocate to Alabama than Hawaii. I spent two years there, in the Army. I was almost glad when we were ordered to Vietnam! I didn't meet that many racist, bigoted, prejudiced people when I spent a year in Memphis.
I'm with Sessions. It is amazing that a judge doesn't know about the applicable United States Code!
I lived in Hawaii as a child. I can agree-racist as all heck. I know what it feels like to be on the other side. Alabama is the same way, but there the whites are the ones doing it. Harder to notice when you arent on the receiving end.

Both places are racist as heck, and im not sure which is worse.

Old 04-21-2017, 12:40 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,361,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
Hawaii ( a state) is an island (or group of islands) in the pacific....so his statement is factual

and it is astonishing that this liberal judge is violating the constitution, which give the potus complete power to limit and deny foreigners to enter the USA

the law states "the President may proclaim and for such period as he shall deem necessary, suspend the entry of all aliens and class of aliens as immigrants or non-immigrants that he believes would be detrimental to the interests of the United States"
But it doesnt allow him to do that on the basis of religion.

Kind of like police officers have the power to shoot people. But they can't do it legally for giggles. And thats the point of why Trump lost in court. None of you have read ANY of the decisions have you?

Old 04-21-2017, 12:52 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,633,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
AG Sessions says he's 'amazed that a judge sitting on an island in the Pacific' can block Trump's immigration order - CNNPolitics.com

The ignorance of this bumpkin White trash Attorney General is astonishing. Hawaii has been a state since 1959 and was a territory before that since 1898.

He simply stuck so far back in time that he doesn't even know that the US annexed Hawaii under the Newlands Resolution? I thought he was merely stuck in the 1950s ... it looks like he is actually stuck in the 1860s!

Jeff is likely amazed each day. Amazed to wake up, amazed to put on pants, amazed to still be in office..

Oh hang on... that last one is actually somewhat likely. I would be amazed if i were him...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies