Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2017, 02:07 PM

6,897 posts, read 4,749,701 times

Advertisements

Canada's new flag.
Attached Thumbnails
Colorado legal marijuana backfiring: Triple-homicide in Boulder County latest in string of marijuana policy gone bad-canadas-new-flag.png  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2017, 02:11 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,509,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoundedSpirit View Post
I lived in Denver for 45 years, and moved away in 2015 because it was too costly to live there on a fixed income anymore. That being said, here are some of my observations from all of those years:

The people that are smoking weed legally now were already smoking it before it was legalized. I know because I was one of them.

Although Denver declares itself to not be a "sanctuary city", it most certainly is. Hit and runs, murders, theft, etc. have surged since the influx of illegals from about everywhere you can imagine. If caught, many get a slap on the wrist, while a legal citizen would be penalized to the full extent of the law.

As mentioned above, the gentrification of the downtown area has forced the gangs and the barrios to the suburbs, where they compete with the illegals and other lowlifes already residing there. Many areas that were once nice, clean suburban neighborhoods are now trashed and dangerous.

Many people move to Colorado because it is a beautiful state with much to offer, whether or not marijuana is legal. With increased population comes increased crime no matter where it is.

I do miss Colorado, I lived most of my life there. It is still a wonderful place to live if you can afford it, regardless of how it has changed for better or worse.
That's sad to here that skyrocketing pricing forced you to move away, I've heard that even the suburbs around Denver are outrageously expensive. I think the best alternative is to move to a small town within an hours drive of Denver. I'd certainly love to move back there in a few years and would consider Colorado Springs or something in between there and Denver, if I could find it.

Old 04-21-2017, 02:12 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,509,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David A Stone View Post
( last paragraph )......small uptick in crime

The rise in homicides from 2010-2016 was over a 70% increase.

Should have stayed awake in math class !
Did you factor in the rise in population?

Should have taken a statistics class!

Old 04-21-2017, 03:15 PM

4,745 posts, read 5,568,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Remember those two face eaters who everyone said "had" to be on bath salts and it turns out it was all just pot?
How old are you, 12?

Old 04-21-2017, 06:26 PM

19,717 posts, read 10,109,755 times
Marijuana as a gateway drug. When I was growing up in the 50s, that idea was pushed. They said that since most heroin addicts had smoked pot it proved that pot led to heroin. Then one guy showed them that most pot smokers had chewed gum and using their "logic", that meant that chewing gum led to pot use. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Old 04-21-2017, 06:30 PM

19,743 posts, read 22,635,943 times
Pot doesn't kill people. People kill people.

Kind like that whole 'gun argument' thingy..

Old 04-21-2017, 06:49 PM

763 posts, read 379,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
How old are you, 12?
I was thinking he was about 80 something. Most of these Prohibitionists are very uninformed.
It reminds me of that old movie, "Refer Madness."

Old 04-21-2017, 07:35 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,582,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Wrong again. Another huge fail.

100 million people have tried pot. About 4 million have tried heroin and About half million heroin addicts.

With the "gateway theory" propaganda you're trying to push there should be 100 million heroin addicts.

Correlation is not causation.
There would probably be far fewer heroin addicts without the other drugs. Countries that are actually tough on pot and other drugs have very low rates of all drug use.

Old 04-21-2017, 07:38 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,582,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
The signature of marijuana can be detected for as much as a month after the last time the substance was used. That does not mean they are under the effects anymore than a fat person must have a cake in their stomach.

Also, even if the face eating was caused by marijuana, there are an estimated 40 million regular users of marijuana in the US. Let's say, conservatively, that they smoke 4 times a week on average, that is 160 million instances of marijuana usage per week. over one year, that makes 8,320,000,000 instances of marijuana usage per year.

8,320,000,000 : 2

That is the very definition of an anomaly. You are actually far more likely to have your face eaten by a cougar or a bear than a marijuana user.
Yes pot stays in your system for 40 days. It's in your blood and urine, unlike cake. Psychedelic substances in your body can certainly have an impact on you. Face-eating is just one of those impacts.

Old 04-21-2017, 07:49 PM

3,129 posts, read 1,330,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Yes pot stays in your system for 40 days. It's in your blood and urine, unlike cake. Psychedelic substances in your body can certainly have an impact on you. Face-eating is just one of those impacts.
Every single statement of yours is wrong.

The non-psychoactive form of THC can stay in your system for up to 30 days, not 40.

It is stored in fat cells, not blood and urine.

THC is not a psychedelic substance.

Face eating is not an impact of cannabis use.

Please, prove me wrong on any of these points. But you'll have to come up with something better than just your "logic".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies