Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2017, 12:51 PM

13,583 posts, read 4,884,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
Boulder County detectives find marijuana plants at scene of triple homicide - Boulder Daily Camera

This just the latest in the many robberies, burglaries and drug-related homicides in Colorado.

Amazing, the massive surge in homicides and robberies since the pot shops started infesting the city of Denver.

In 2010, Denver had 33 homicides

In 2016, Denver had 58 homicides

In 2010, Denver had 1,002 robberies

In 2015, Denver had 1,239 robberies

Facing surge in opioid abuse and overdose deaths, Colorado distributes 2,500 doses of Narcan – The Denver Post
"Massive surge"? The modest increase in robberies you cite is almost exactly proportional to the increase in Denver's population during that time period. The homicide numbers are too small to make statistical conclusions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2017, 12:54 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,593,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
Does weed kill brain cells?

Here is just one way to read it.
There is much more info out there.
My son was in treatment and this was covered in treatment given by physicians.
Your son was in treatment for pot? Post isn't addictive.

Alcohol kills brain cells. Why isn't that talked about?

Old 05-01-2017, 12:58 PM

5,661 posts, read 3,512,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
Your son was in treatment for pot? Post isn't addictive.

Alcohol kills brain cells. Why isn't that talked about?
I don't know why the OP didn't put that in their starter post.
I myself was responding to pot which is what the thread titled for.
They covered alot of drugs and its effect in treatment. That is standard

Old 05-01-2017, 01:01 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,202,179 times
Quote:
Does weed kill brain cells?

Here is just one way to read it.
There is much more info out there.
My son was in treatment and this was covered in treatment given by physicians.
Does Marijuana Kill Brain Cells? | Ask the Doctors | Drug Policy Alliance

Myths About Marijuana

Quote:
Myth: Pot Kills Brain Cells

Government experts now admit that pot doesn’t kill brain cells. This myth came from a handful of animal experiments in which structural changes (not actual cell death, as is often alleged) were observed in brain cells of animals exposed to high doses of pot. Many critics still cite the notorious monkey studies of Dr. Robert G. Heath, which purported to find brain damage in three monkeys that had been heavily dosed with cannabis. This work was never replicated and has since been discredited by a pair of better controlled, much larger monkey studies, one by Dr. William Slikker of the National Center for Toxicological Research and the other by Charles Rebert and Gordon Pryor of SRI International. Neither found any evidence of physical alteration in the brains of monkeys exposed to daily doses of pot for up to a year. Human studies of heavy users in Jamaica and Costa Rica found no evidence of abnormalities in brain physiology. Even though there is no evidence that pot causes permanent brain damage, users should be aware that persistent deficits in short-term memory have been noted in chronic, heavy marijuana smokers after 6 to 12 weeks of abstinence. It is worth noting that other drugs, including alcohol, are known to cause brain damage.

Old 05-01-2017, 01:07 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,593,621 times
Quote:
I don't know why the OP didn't put that in their starter post.
I myself was responding to pot which is what the thread titled for.
They covered alot of drugs and its effect in treatment. That is standard
The OP has an agenda against anything Colorado.

My intent is not to make light of your son's treatment. I wish him well.

Old 05-01-2017, 01:15 PM

3,129 posts, read 1,327,787 times
Quote:
LOL that part I bolded sounds like something from Star Wars
Oh Atalanta, that's the best thing you've written in this thread!

I bet you know a lot about Star Wars. I bet we could have a fun conversation about it. I bet you would be knowledgeable and unbiased.

But please, not this subject. You are like a fish out of water, except that you don't realize it. I see others providing information and links trying to educate you, but they have no idea who they're dealing with.

Old 05-01-2017, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
The OP has an agenda against anything Colorado.

My intent is not to make light of your son's treatment. I wish him well.
Thank you Timmyy for the very kind wishes.

I can see where the link I posted can cause confusion as in its title killing brain cells is part of it.

I'm not a firm believer cells are killed.
I was referring to the THC, recepters and where the drug attached to fat and we have fat in our brain. It's all connected.
It touches it in the article, but not the whole picture.

Old 05-01-2017, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
Oh Atalanta, that's the best thing you've written in this thread!

I bet you know a lot about Star Wars. I bet we could have a fun conversation about it. I bet you would be knowledgeable and unbiased.

But please, not this subject. You are like a fish out of water, except that you don't realize it. I see others providing information and links trying to educate you, but they have no idea who they're dealing with.
Oh Raddo, you have no way of knowing what I have been a part of and what shoes I have walked in my 51 years of life. All my knowledge and experiences, for you to make such a statement and accustion.
But, yeah, I suppose they don't compare to "others links and information."
Excuse me while I go jump back in the water..........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies