Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2017, 08:08 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,106,572 times

Advertisements

Trump will never release his tax returns. Even though he said he would over 10 times since 2010. Nationalmemo compiled a list of every time Trump said he would release his taxes here: #ShowUsYourTaxes: Here

Even though Trump is the first president in 40 years not to release tax returns, he's not embarrassed by it.

The crazy thing is, him not releasing his tax returns isn't what bothers me the most. It's that Trump supporters keep acting like it isn't a big deal, yet if Obama had dared not release his tax returns, they would be screaming about it.

I wish there was one....JUST ONE conservative on City-Data that would admit they would be frustrated if Obama didn't release his tax returns. I'd love for somebody to step up to the plate and be honest...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2017, 08:12 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,088,686 times
He should release his taxes for the last ten years or so and put the whole matter to rest. Or does he have something to hide?

Old 04-21-2017, 08:57 AM

45,329 posts, read 60,500,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Not necessarily. That is for the courts to decide. Just like Trump's muslim ban.

There are 25 states now proposing or passing legislation. The majority of the country is in favor of transparency, and that Trump should release his returns. If he has conducted his business in an aboveboard manner, he would have no problems. But he has probably transacted business similarly to the way he ran his Trump U. scam.
And you'll get that from a tax return how exactly? If you're truly interested in transparency and potential conflicts of interest then you look at the Financial Disclosure which will list every single source of income, property or stock holding, partnership, dividend, business contract, mortgage, etc.

The one I fill out for the State of Maryland is 18 pages long, minimum, and you will find out more about my finances from it than from my tax return.

And that's for what's essentially a volunteer position (although there is authorization for a salary but one is never appropriated).

Old 04-21-2017, 08:58 AM

2,691 posts, read 1,665,635 times
How many more threads will we have about Trump and releasing his taxes.

And the same old tiring replies.

Old 04-21-2017, 09:00 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,673,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Besides which, the only reason you guys want them released is to get more talking points to beat him with. Not a high enough rate, not enough charitable deductions, "Oh look, he has a mortgage from a bank that also has Russian clients", ad infinitum.

Ray Charles could see that.
Like with Mit Romney. All the left did once they got access to where he spends his money was to criticize him as out of touch with regular Americans, because he had a Cayman Island bank account and a car garage elevator.

Old 04-21-2017, 09:13 AM

2,359 posts, read 1,033,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post

The crazy thing is, him not releasing his tax returns isn't what bothers me the most. It's that Trump supporters keep acting like it isn't a big deal, yet if Obama had dared not release his tax returns, they would be screaming about it.

I wish there was one....JUST ONE conservative on City-Data that would admit they would be frustrated if Obama didn't release his tax returns. I'd love for somebody to step up to the plate and be honest...
OK...I'll admit it.

I'll admit that I didn't care about Obama's tax returns, either.

You could tell that Obama was a mediocre quantity just by looking at him.

Nobody needed a look at Obama's tax returns to see that, of course. It was completely obvious, in Obama's case.

Old 04-21-2017, 09:15 AM

3,733 posts, read 5,962,766 times
So what's Don the Con hiding??? Given his history, it must be pretty juicy.

Old 04-21-2017, 09:16 AM

17,773 posts, read 13,665,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Trump will never release his tax returns. Even though he said he would over 10 times since 2010. Nationalmemo compiled a list of every time Trump said he would release his taxes here: #ShowUsYourTaxes: Here

Even though Trump is the first president in 40 years not to release tax returns, he's not embarrassed by it.

Obviously the "what if" thing works both ways and people on both sides point that out constantly on here.

But this one is embarrassing for the Trumpskulls since, as you mentioned, Trump has said he would release them a gazillion times. Imagine if Obama did that.

The outrage would be like that time Obama invited Bruce Springsteen, Katy Perry and Elizabeth Warren to the White House for dinner and the three of them took that photo mocking Laura Bush's White House portrait.

Old 04-21-2017, 09:19 AM

6,746 posts, read 3,361,971 times
I hope he never releases them and it continues to drive the liberals crazy.

Old 04-21-2017, 09:19 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,106,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
He should release his taxes for the last ten years or so and put the whole matter to rest. Or does he have something to hide?
I've been saying this for weeks.

If Trump has nothing to hide, why wouldn't every single conservative in the USA want Donald to release his taxes?

Conservatives always mention how much us liberals keep talking about his taxes, why not have Trump shut us all up once and for all by releasing them.

Conservatives nationwide would be cheering and making fun of all the liberals that made such a big deal over this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies