Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2018, 04:37 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,796,708 times

Advertisements

You don't have to be a professor at John Hopkins to know Trump's mental health is on the decline.

One minute he is giving an interview about how he gave advice to Prime Minister May. The next minute he's calling himself a liar.

Aside from lying constantly, his speeches regularly deteriorate into rambling rants that make no sense.

Last edited by GotHereQuickAsICould; 07-30-2018 at 05:04 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2018, 04:44 AM

25,557 posts, read 17,263,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
You don't have to be a psychiatrist from John Hopkins to know Trump's mental health is on the decline.

One minute he is giving an interview about how he gave advice to Prime Minister May. The next minute he's calling himself a liar.

Aside from lying constantly, his speeches regularly deteriorate into rambling rants that make no sense.
It may have helped if the good doctor in question was actually a psychiatrist from Johns Hopkins.
He is not.
See post above.

Old 07-30-2018, 04:48 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,251,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75230 View Post
From Dr. John Gartner, author and professor of psychiatry at Johns Hopkins University for 28 years

Says that observed behavior is more reliable than interviews. Based on his public observations of Trump, says he has malignant narcissism, a personality described by Erich Fromm, who escaped the Nazis, and used that condition to explain the psychology of dictators

Narcissistic - grandiosity,
Paranoid - demonization of the press and "different" people, conspiracy theories, feels he's constantly under attack antisocial personality, and
Antisocial Personality- violates norms and laws, predatory personality, doesn't care about the consequences of their acts for others.
Sadistic - enjoys hurting other people, like a bully.

They actually become worse, not better, over time. This explains why Trump didn't "pivot" from a badly behaved candidate to a well-behaved president.

Trump's in cognitive decline, possibly pre-dementia: In 1980s, Trump was a polished speaker, higher level of vocabulary, can finish sentences. Now he speaks as a juvenile level of vocabulary. . He tells both conscious and unconscious lies.

Video's 14 min long, but full of info about him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfnV4B7Fk7Y
P.S. everything you say may be true, or it may not be. But one thing is true, he beat Crooked Hillary Clinton, a lying narcissist in her own right. Trump is your president. Pence is your vice president.
Carry on.

Old 07-30-2018, 04:50 AM

27,074 posts, read 11,841,613 times
[quote=Phil75230;52645441]From Dr. John Gartner, author and professor of psychiatry at Johns Hopkins University for 28 years

Says that observed behavior is more reliable than interviews. Based on his public observations of Trump, says he has malignant narcissism, a personality described by Erich Fromm, who escaped the Nazis, and used that condition to explain the psychology of dictators

Narcissistic - grandiosity,
Paranoid - demonization of the press and "different" people, conspiracy theories, feels he's constantly under attack antisocial personality, and
Antisocial Personality- violates norms and laws, predatory personality, doesn't care about the consequences of their acts for others.
Sadistic - enjoys hurting other people, like a bully.

---------------------------
Sounds spot on....

Old 07-30-2018, 04:52 AM

23,477 posts, read 12,496,511 times
Quote:
From Dr. John Gartner, author and professor of psychiatry at Johns Hopkins University for 28 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
False.
Dr John Gartner is a psychologist, not a psychiatrist. There is no Dr John Gartner at Johns Hopkins. Gartner has a limited practice in Baltimore. Gartner is 59. He has not been practicing for 38 years.
Sounds like the doc doesn't know what he is, where he's at or how long he's been there. Poor doc, he should see a shrink about that.

Old 07-30-2018, 05:13 AM

19,833 posts, read 12,090,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Sounds like the doc doesn't know what he is, where he's at or how long he's been there. Poor doc, he should see a shrink about that.
He wasn’t a professor either, he was a part time assistant (entry level) professor.

Old 07-30-2018, 05:16 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,683,221 times
Quote:
How do you expect me to take seriously the line that liberalism's a mental disorder when the person who popularized the phrase (Michael Wiener Savage) is some crazy ranter who claims autism, depression, and PTSD aren't real mental problems but simply a sign of weakness? Honestly, prove to me that there is such a disorder - not from some fringe group, but the American Psychological Association, Royal College of Psychiatry, etc. or other professional body recognized by the National Academy of Sciences.

And last but not least, he's permanently banned from the UK, meaning he's not allowed to set foot on British soil. His ban comes from making hate speech against minorities and gays.

All this isn't exactly a credibility enhancer for him.
Actually I think Ann Coulter came up with the saying before Michael did.

Now, as for what some professor has to say, regardless of his field, is his opinion and I have yet to figure how so many can take what a Psychiatrist has to say. My experience from friends who's kids have visited them: it is always mommy's fault. Has your friend, the professor said it is all Trump's mommy's fault?

Where did you get the information he is ban from ever from ever stepping foot on British soil?

My, some people are so full of hate, they will believe anything or they are so naive they fall for anything that will make the person they dislike look bad.

Old 07-30-2018, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot View Post
90% of Psychiatrists are Trump-haters, so no surprise.
I'm just approximating of course, but it wouldn't surprise you if a bookworm obsessed with feelings is not fan of Trump....
and 90% are liberals as well as Trump hates. They can't stand the thought he might actually being doing something right.

I might add, I am not a fan of Trump's personality, that is for sure, but regardless it is time that even the libs start giving him credit where credit is due.

Listenor2307' thanks for setting this straight.

Old 07-30-2018, 05:24 AM

27,141 posts, read 13,429,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita

Where did you get the information he is ban from ever from ever stepping foot on British soil?

My, some people are so full of hate, they will believe anything or they are so naive they fall for anything that will make the person they dislike look bad.
Savage was banned in 2009 for allegedly inciting hatred within communities and encouraging people to take up violence against other.

Savage claimed he was going to sue the Labour Governments's Home Secretary at the time Jacquai Smith, however Labour lost the election and Savage reapplied for entry only for Cameron's Conservative Government to reaffirm the ban. As for legal action by Savage it was all nonsense and went nowhere.

Michael Savage, shock jock banned from UK, vows to sue Jacqui Smith - The Guardian

Barred! Shock jock Michael Savage has UK ban reaffirmed - Daily Mail

Old 07-30-2018, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
You don't have to be a professor at John Hopkins to know Trump's mental health is on the decline.

thank is not the point; the OP has made serious claims that are not true without checking for accuracy

As for Trumps mental health, I think you may be reading more into his rambling than is 100% real. You do not like him, that is obvious. He could be slipping a bit and could be tired. I don't think many of us doubt that, but as of now, he is fit to hold the job he was elected to hold.

Suck it up Buttercup and accept the fact your side lost this one.

Brave New World, thanks for setting me straight. I misunderstood what you were saying. It is always interesting when someone who isn't even from our country jumps in to discussions about our president.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies