Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2017, 11:00 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriz Brown View Post
He said he would do it on DAY ONE. Its been months.

Aren't CONS getting tired of being lied to on the daily by Donald J. Trump?

Probably because, he isn't a dictator like Obama wanted to be.
You think an EO gets the job done?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2017, 11:05 PM

23,562 posts, read 12,535,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
It's simple.
After 7 years and millions of people who were never insured before, the ACA is too popular to be repealed unless it's replaced with a better health care for all law.
And though the ACA is far from perfect, it is still good enough that revision, not replacement, is the only thing the voters will accept.

Those facts have flummoxed the Republican party and the President. Both believed the ACA could be easily undone and wiped away, but it can't now. Every Congressman who votes for repeal is in danger of losing his job the next election.
What about the millions who are still not insured, since almost half of the states did not expand Medicaid? Or, what about the millions who did have insurance but lost it because of the ACA, including those that had lost their jobs because of the ACA? Or, what about those who do have insurance but the premiums are driving them to BK and/or their deductible is so high that their insurance is basically worthless?

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Why is this a troll thread. Didn't you clearly hear Trump say this
^ oh look, someone that actually believes every single word that is said on a campaign trail

I knew he wouldn't get it done on 'day one'. I also knew that he would try to get it done at some point. It took Obama 17 months to work on the ACA, it's not unreasonable to give Trump more than one day to get it done. FWIW, apparently he has a plan worked up and is waiting for sometime after Congress returns from recess.

Old 04-21-2017, 11:05 PM

2,685 posts, read 2,522,016 times
Cons blindly support Trump. If Obama said such a LIE the Cons would of made this thread 12 pages long by now.

I want to know why Cons are ok with being lied to EVERY DAY by Donald J. Trump.

Old 04-21-2017, 11:10 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,482,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Exactly, it is not perfect. But republicans should work with democrats to try and improve it not repeal it
They won't because they do NOT believe in the federal government mandating health care for all - and they certainly don't believe the government should subsidize it. The Tea Party wants all subsidies eliminated. That aside, GOP believes health insurance should be a state issue. So far, Congressional failure to fund ACA has caused a lot of insurers to pull out as well as failure of the coops. They'll just continue to sabotage and undermine the ACA (and Medicare, and SS) - because they believe in NONE of it.

Further, Paul Ryan and Tom Price would like nothing better than to privatize Medicare, too - making health care for seniors unaffordable, as well. And, while they're at it, privatize SS.

So, we can cry "they should, they should" - but they will never because all these govt programs are anathema to their ideology.

And, Trump believes in nothing - certainly not in affordable health care for all, or he would have thrown out the Ryan/Price attempt immediately. Besides, mental midget Trump isn't smart enough, energetic enough, or wonky enough to bother to understand it. The right legislation for the American people does not matter to him. It's only about the win.

Trump has no plan - and never did. He'll sign whatever piece of crap they put in front of him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
FWIW, apparently he has a plan worked up and is waiting for sometime after Congress returns from recess.
lol - and for anyone stupid enough to believe that, I've got a great bridge to nowhere they absolutely must buy - on sale, now!

Last edited by Ariadne22; 04-21-2017 at 11:34 PM..

Old 04-21-2017, 11:12 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Cons blindly support Trump. If Obama said such a LIE the Cons would of made this thread 12 pages long by now.

But since it is only a butthurt snowflake, trying to virtue signal their buddies, it is just worth 2 pages of ridiculing the pettiness of it all.

Old 04-21-2017, 11:15 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
They won't because they do NOT believe in the federal government mandating health care for all - and they certainly don't believe the government should subsidize it. The Tea Party wants all subsidies eliminated. That aside, GOP believes health insurance should be a state issue. So far, Congressional failure to fund ACA has caused a lot of insurers to pull out as well as failure of the coops. They'll just continue to sabotage and undermine the ACA (and Medicare, and SS) - because they believe in NONE of it.

Further, Paul Ryan and Tom Price would like nothing better than to privatize Medicare, too - making health care for seniors unaffordable, as well. And, while they're at it, privatize SS.

So, we can cry "they should, they should" - but they will never because all these govt programs are anathema to their ideology.
Oh, I know that. So the ACA will never be repealed. It's pretty much the law of the land unless we go to single payer which republicans will never do. So there is really nothing Trump can do to get everyone to agree.

Old 04-21-2017, 11:20 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
But since it is only a butthurt snowflake, trying to virtue signal their buddies, it is just worth 2 pages of ridiculing the pettiness of it all.
I find it incredibly unbelievable that anyone would believe Trump. Maybe it's because I live in the area and my local news is all about him. Depending on where you live you probably only get 5 minutes of it

Old 04-21-2017, 11:31 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Cons blindly support Trump.
No they don't.

Quote:
If Obama said such a LIE the Cons would of made this thread 12 pages long by now.
vs you lying about what conservatives do

Quote:
I want to know why you are ok with your lies about conservatives?

Old 04-21-2017, 11:38 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,644,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Here is Trump's brain trust - working on it as we speak:

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/855099999566385157
He truly does hire the best people.

Old 04-22-2017, 12:05 AM

2,685 posts, read 2,522,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
No they don't.

vs you lying about what conservatives do

I want to know why you are ok with your lies about conservatives?
Prove I'm lying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies