Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2017, 01:57 PM

8,418 posts, read 7,414,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by swayalot View Post
Its a pat on the back but its most likely all about the historically big Tax Cuts and the new Healthcare Bill, both expected this week.
Didn't read anything I posted, didja?

Or are you OK with House Republicans voting on bills without any foreknowledge or input?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2017, 02:03 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,287,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Oh, please. He needs his ego stroked, and that's not going to happen at the Correspondent's Dinner. They're not going to worship lil' Donnie the way he believes he should be worshiped. That is the purpose of all of his rallies--he needs his cult to tell him how wonderful he is, over and over and over again.

And he needs to divert attention away from all of the ridicule he is going to be the butt of because he was too much of a coward to go. What a child he is.

Absolutely this.

Old 04-22-2017, 02:07 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times
Quote:
Its a pat on the back but its most likely all about the historically big Tax Cuts and the new Healthcare Bill, both expected this week.
Actually, the healthcare bill was expected a few months ago. It was going to be so easy, according to Trump. Boy did the GOP look like a stupid mess. But somehow you're sure THIS time will be different. All set to eat another big heaping helping of crow this week, huh?

Old 04-22-2017, 02:08 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
According to Trump the 100 day mark is a ridiculous marker set by the media.

Yeah it is...and you be celebrating it. Shaking my head.

Look -- he can hold a rally -- really he has enough money from donations to hold rallies every day for the next yea r-- well except the days he golfs.....so what.

But at some point when will people make him be slightly accountable for anything he says.

Old 04-22-2017, 02:09 PM

10,760 posts, read 4,346,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
Didn't read anything I posted, didja?

Or are you OK with House Republicans voting on bills without any foreknowledge or input?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Actually, the healthcare bill was expected a few months ago. It was going to be so easy, according to Trump. Boy did the GOP look like a stupid mess. But somehow you're sure THIS time will be different. All set to eat another big heaping helping of crow this week, huh?
Hannity: I talked to Mark Meadows (Chair) of the Freedom Caucus. They now are on board with healthcare, so as soon as they get the language written up, they should be able to vote on it, it should pass the house. Apparently the Senate Parliamentarian also approved the language so there's not a reconciliation issue anymore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mKHInhJTnM

Old 04-22-2017, 02:11 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,456,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Trump announces that he will hold a big rally in PA on the night of the correspondents dinner
If he thinks by doing this he will grow his base or expand support for his agenda, that train has left the station.

The things Mr Trump does demonstrate that he never intended to be the president for all Americans, he is working on behalf of a small self-centered well heeled clique and he he continually lies to his base of supporters, who sop it up like a dog to vomit.

The man is not a unifier and he lacks grace in public. Most people by now can see through him, some can tolerate it and others can not.

Mike Pence outclasses him in every way (I don't particularly like the guy's politics, but he has class I'll give him that much).

Old 04-22-2017, 02:12 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Trump to hold rally on night of White House Correspondents Dinner | TheHill

HAHAH..Trump announces that he will hold a big rally in PA on the night of the correspondents dinner

Is the left wing media going to go into snippy mode?
Since he has no clue how to be President, might as well fire up the droolers and mouth breathers for another rally.

Old 04-22-2017, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
If he thinks by doing this he will grow his base or expand support for his agenda, that train has left the station.

The things Mr Trump does demonstrate that he never intended to be the president for all Americans, he is working on behalf of a small self-centered well heeled clique and he he continually lies to his base of supporters, who sop it up like a dog to vomit.

The man is not a unifier and he lacks grace in public. Most people by now can see through him, some can tolerate it and others can not.

Mike Pence outclasses him in every way (I don't particularly like the guy's politics, but he has class I'll give him that much).
Actually Pence has been virtually invisible, compared to Trump.
And the biggest Tax Cut in history makes it impossible for anyone to beat Trump in 2020.
He'll win even easier than 2016.

Old 04-22-2017, 02:15 PM

1,816 posts, read 1,150,475 times
Quote:
OK - Here comes my boy John McEnroe again - YOU CAN NOT BE SERIOUS!

Health Care is the rubik cube that will never be solved by the Dumpublicans in charge, and without the taxes saved from that, Tax Reform is impossible.

Geez!

Old 04-22-2017, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
OK - Here comes my boy John McEnroe again - YOU CAN NOT BE SERIOUS!

Health Care is the rubik cube that will never be solved by the Dumpublicans in charge, and without the taxes saved from that, Tax Reform is impossible.

Geez!
You'll see-

Quote:
Hannity: I talked to Mark Meadows (Chair) of the Freedom Caucus. They now are on board with healthcare, so as soon as they get the language written up, they should be able to vote on it, it should pass the house. Apparently the Senate Parliamentarian also approved the language so there's not a reconciliation issue anymore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mKHInhJTnM
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies