Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2017, 12:28 AM

34,278 posts, read 19,358,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoot N Annie View Post
Please, please make her your 2020 nominee. Or you could pick someone who could actually win, like Tulsi Gabbard from Hawaii.
Polling from PPP indicates if the election were held today she would beat Trump. But you are right, in the Polls both Biden, and Sanders beat Trump by a even higher level.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2017, 01:25 PM

39,855 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
This is one of Dems top choices for 2020 nominee. No joke
Well, actually she is a joke. One of the few even in DC that is loonier than Bernie.

Old 04-23-2017, 01:29 PM

9,885 posts, read 10,967,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
She never wanted to run. But let me ask you...she obviously has native american in her heritage as I do. Do we need to look as a certain type to satisfy you
Looks don't matter. I am waiting for the DNA test results.
Not that I really think she would ever have one done...

Old 04-23-2017, 01:33 PM

30,612 posts, read 18,192,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
If you think that trying to destroy a candidate that way works, I'd like to point to a president who is on tape talking about grabbing a womans genitals, and forcing them to kiss him without permission. And he won.

Or are you simply pointing out that Democrats have higher standards?

Quit being greedy! The country could use her.
Such an interpretation ignores the basics of the English language. President Trump clearly stated "they let" him do such things. As I had to explain to others in a previous thread, "let" means to "allow," which means to give someone "permission to do something," which means to "consent" to. I find it interesting that narratives to the contrary always exclude the "they let me" remark.

Old 04-23-2017, 01:38 PM

2,366 posts, read 1,646,212 times
Quote:
Polling from PPP indicates if the election were held today she would beat Trump. But you are right, in the Polls both Biden, and Sanders beat Trump by a even higher level.
Ahh, still trusting the polls, huh? How'd that work out you for you back in November?

Old 04-23-2017, 01:40 PM

6,620 posts, read 5,006,134 times
Quote:
If you think that trying to destroy a candidate that way works, I'd like to point to a president who is on tape talking about grabbing a womans genitals, and forcing them to kiss him without permission. And he won.

Or are you simply pointing out that Democrats have higher standards?

Quit being greedy! The country could use her.
I don't know I think it's possible certainly after the stop Hillary train started in right wing am talk radio in 04 the day after bush got re-elected and picked up steam in 12 when Obama got re-elected. Right wing media destroyed Hillary they were able to radicalized their listerners and eventually mainstreamed the message. The dnc and voters like myself failed to see that and instead ofv accepting that Hillary was too far gone lose that battle. In terms of accepting how good of a job they did in demozing her and just move on.to the next candidate.

Old 04-23-2017, 01:45 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,582,296 times
After swallowing the camel of language that was part of the last election, people are now expected to strain at this gnat? I thought it was funny, and oddly, somehow more dismissive of foolishness than a more conventional and offensive curse. I may start using it myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Such an interpretation ignores the basics of the English language. President Trump clearly stated "they let" him do such things. As I had to explain to others in a previous thread, "let" means to "allow," which means to give someone "permission to do something," which means to "consent" to. I find it interesting that narratives to the contrary always exclude the "they let me" remark.

It's entirely possible that the women "let" him do such things because they were so stunned by his behavior that their first reaction was no reaction at all. Would you feel better if they had slapped him across the face? I probably would, actually, but that's a whole other thread.

Old 04-23-2017, 01:49 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,358,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonite View Post
Ahh, still trusting the polls, huh? How'd that work out you for you back in November?
Worked perfectly fine actually. 538 gave Trump a 30% chance.

Hey how's that "learning probabilty" working for ya? Or didn't they teach you that in high school?

Old 04-23-2017, 01:51 PM

30,612 posts, read 18,192,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
After swallowing the camel of language that was part of the last election, people are now expected to strain at this gnat? I thought it was funny, and oddly, somehow more dismissive of foolishness than a more conventional and offensive curse. I may start using it myself.

It's entirely possible that the women "let" him do such things because they were so stunned by his behavior that their first reaction was no reaction at all. Would you feel better if they had slapped him across the face? I probably would, actually, but that's a whole other thread.
I repeat: a simple definitional interpretation of President Trump's language shows consent, not some wild sexual assault line being pushed by Dems. Its not so difficult to understand. I get that some don't like our president, but that hardly justifies trying to redefine the meaning of words or pretend that they were never spoken in order to suit one's partisanship; as I mentioned, attacks on President Trump on this front almost always exclude the "they let" me remark.

Old 04-23-2017, 01:55 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,183,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Are you dizzy?

Here is part of the transcript:

Trump: Yeah, that’s her. With the gold. I better use some Tic Tacs just in case I start kissing her. You know, I’m automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything.

Bush: Whatever you want.

Trump: Grab ’em by the *****. You can do anything.

Source: https://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/08/u...pgtype=article

I guess if he said his favourite swear word was 'poop' then his campaign would of been sunk. Eh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies