Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2017, 07:42 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 18 days ago)

29,552 posts, read 16,531,868 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Have to wonder why the black population is decreasing in the USA, while Hispanic populations are booming.
Wasn't there more slaves(freemen) than white people after the Civil War, in the south?
What happened. They all didn't just up and move to northern states.
You had Margret Sanger, that's who. A very racist woman. Who planned on less black people being parents.
black population is steady as a percentage, but it the number of people isnt decreasing.

And yes, a large percentage moved north, and no Margret Sanger isnt the problem. people not being ready to have kids is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2017, 07:56 AM

15,626 posts, read 10,382,405 times
How does this edict from DNC chair Perez that explicitly ejects pro-life Democrat voters and existing pro-life Democrat lawmakers from the Democrat Party expand the Democrat's base? I'm scratching my head at this strategy.

Last edited by texan2yankee; 04-24-2017 at 08:05 AM..

Old 04-24-2017, 07:57 AM

25,840 posts, read 16,517,815 times
I'm sure Perez was raised a Catholic. I hope he realizes he is damning his soul to hell for promoting this butchery.

Old 04-24-2017, 08:06 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,515,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
John Bel Edwards, Governor of Louisiana, is pro-life. Does that hurt me any as a New Yorker? It is better than a Republican having that seat.

We've got to frame 2018 on the economy and forget about these stupid social issues that only lose us elections.
We stand for equal rights - PERIOD. And I don't think that should change.

Our party platform is pro-choice. Individual candidates (including Tim Kaine) do have their personal opinions about abortion but they uphold Roe v Wade because that is the law.

I'm fine with that position and I saw Pelosi on the morning shows and as long as no one is promising to try and overturn Roe V Wade - the Democratic party is fine as well.

Old 04-24-2017, 08:36 AM

23,959 posts, read 15,066,841 times
Why go to the mat for PP. It's like the Rs and the NRA.

Planned Parenthood could split itself into 2 parts. One for women's health the other for abortion. The abortion part could be funded by all who think abortion should be safe and legal.

Old 04-24-2017, 08:50 AM

79,914 posts, read 44,174,531 times
I guess Perez thought it a good idea to take a swipe at Bernie after getting knocked around so much by Bernie lately.

No, not a good idea. I support Bernie. I am pro-life. Screw Perez.

(if you are unaware what this is about, look it up)

Old 04-24-2017, 09:32 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,583,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
No, I do not agree. Honestly, I don't think that any single issue should define one's political party, but I find this particularly stupid because I have known lots of people who agreed with the Democrats about almost literally everything EXCEPT abortion, particularly late-term abortion, on demand. (I know virtually no one IRL who believes abortion should never be allowed under any circumstances.) They're not likely to take over the party; must we shut them out?

TBH, I think some of the "litmus test" people are reacting, in part, to extremists on the right who would not allow an abortion even if the mother's health was in danger, or fools who claim that women who are raped don't get pregnant. (And, in all fairness, some of the hardliners on the right may be reacting to people who think there is absolutely nothing wrong with a woman terminating a perfectly healthy pregnancy in the ninth month.) I wish the absolutists on both sides would dial back the rhetoric a bit.

Old 04-24-2017, 10:03 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,474,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
do you agree?

Every Democrat, like every American, should support a woman’s right to make her own choices about her body and her health,”

DNC Chair Calls for Abortion Rights Litmus Test for Democrats
so what he is saying is he wants democrats to be limited of rights or who they feel should have rights

a woman has the right to chose to have sex or not....and she has that very CHOICE

a woman has the right to chose to have protected sex or not....and she has that very CHOICE

a woman has the right to chose to have contracepted sex or not....and she has that very CHOICE

a woman has the right to chose to tell the male to put on a 'raincoat' for sex or not....and she has that very CHOICE

the fact remains that IF she gets pregnant she made choices to get there...but she didn't do it alone....and you can darm-skippy bet if she choses to keep it, she will be yelling about child support from the male, who made the baby WITH her

that baby should have a choice...the male should also be part of that choice.....its not JUST her body, but another life form (baby) growing inside her.....

btw I agree with abortion being allowed , just should not be federally funded

I don't think abortion should be the first choice.... many couples out there CAN'T physically have kids...instead of abortion, why not consider adoption

Old 04-24-2017, 12:06 PM

18,356 posts, read 26,484,723 times
The last thing the Dems need to do right now is to alienate more people in support of a particular social agenda most people don't even care much about.

Old 04-24-2017, 12:51 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,094,286 times
Default Bernie endorsed pro life candiate. Democrats go berserk

the Democrats have another reason to be angry at Bernie: he endorsed a candidate that's pro life.

"Independent Sen. Bernie Sanders on Sunday stood by his decision to back a Democratic candidate whose record on abortion has drawn fire from many in the party.

Late last week, Sanders joined Omaha mayoral candidate Heath Mello for a rally supporting his bid to oust Republican incumbent Jean Stothert as leader of the largest city in Nebraska.

Many Democrats expressed outrage over the endorsement, but in an interview Sunday on CBS's "Face the Nation," the Vermont senator and 2016 presidential hopeful made a case for pragmatism in a state with significant GOP control, saying it was the kind of thing Democrats needed to do "if we're going to become a 50-state party."

Bernie Sanders stands by anti-abortion mayoral candidate - CNNPolitics.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies