Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2017, 06:01 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,021,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
I have a question.

Would Republicans endorse a Republican candidate who vowed to defend Roe v Wade and a woman's right to choose?
This was a direct attack on Sanders for supporting Heath Mello. Sanders is the most popular politician and the establishment wants to bring him down any way they can.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2017, 06:03 PM

5,852 posts, read 3,277,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
80% of Americans are pro choice, so 80% of the country is crazy ????
In the first trimester. http://thefederalist.com/2016/10/07/...rst-trimester/

Old 04-24-2017, 06:27 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,431,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Really? SCOTUS made all late third term abortions legal in all of the US?

Oh hello there Amelia Bedelia.

Old 04-24-2017, 06:37 PM

15,701 posts, read 16,994,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
This was a direct attack on Sanders for supporting Heath Mello. Sanders is the most popular politician and the establishment wants to bring him down any way they can.
So?

That does not answer my question, does it?

Old 04-24-2017, 06:38 PM

6,928 posts, read 5,876,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
naw, dont believe you.
THe dems are a center party with left leanings. They are socially liberal but fiscally center. They might appear to be left to you but only because you are far right wing. And worth noting dems have more support than Trumpers and gop, you know it too, that is why your side suppress votes gerrymander and embrace the support of Putin.

and here are a couple of quotes from your posts just to make sure you don't try to pass yourself off as neutral...

you clearly greatly dislike dems with a passion and clearly WANT to divide dems so i will discount your comment appropriately
Oh, I could have saved you tons of time and trouble: I am as conservative as it gets. Proud of it--- because when one was a deluded leftist, as I was, and then escapes the loony left, it feels pretty good. Liberating, in fact!

Old 04-24-2017, 06:41 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,021,490 times
Quote:
So?

That does not answer my question, does it?
I guess not directly. Indirectly I'm noting that the establishment of both parties will do whatever they feel is necessary to hold onto power.

Old 04-24-2017, 06:42 PM

6,928 posts, read 5,876,826 times
Quote:
I have a question.

Would Republicans endorse a Republican candidate who vowed to defend Roe v Wade and a woman's right to choose?
Have you not been alive for the last twenty years?? Most of the "celebrated" Republicans over the last twenty years have been "socially liberal and fiscally conservative" (if I hear one more leading Republican describe themselves in that way, I think I'm going to vomit...but then, maybe that's because I am from the land of Snowe and Collins---two rabidly pro-abortion Senators who OWNED the Maine GOP for 25 years....)

Old 04-25-2017, 12:05 AM

2,007 posts, read 1,269,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baystater View Post
Not the most important issue to me either way.

I want the dems to concentrate on labor issues and bank/financial reform. If they actually get to get a serious plan/platform on those they can do whatever they like on social issues.
Does it now appear that Democrats regard economic and financial issues as mundane and tedious?. Do they have anything else to offer other than foisting socially divisive subjects on the nation. Whether that is transsexual restrooms, cops vs blacks and now abortion. Are they allergic to speaking about topics that matter most to people such as jobs, economic growth and tax reform. Is there too much risk even some conservatives might agree with them and then how does that look to their hardcore SJW core. Right now, Dems are offering little to appear like a legitimate alternative to the GOP. All the strident political posturing and willful isolation from moderate voters will do nothing to rebuild a party decimated in the 2016 elections.

Right now , the Democrats are in a state of dysfunction like never before. Instead of stopping the rot, they seem intent in adding salt to their still open wounds.

Old 04-25-2017, 12:13 AM

14,649 posts, read 14,560,580 times
Abortion rights are important, but not as important as economic disparities and environmental threats. Perez and the DNC need to do better.

Old 04-25-2017, 02:03 AM

29,465 posts, read 16,420,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
So we agree, and most american are pro choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies