Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2017, 11:54 AM

50,262 posts, read 47,023,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Are you trying to tell me that there are many illegal landscapers working in PA??

I can tell you that in CA, I can't find a single one. I wish illegals would do landscape work because then maybe I won't have to pay an arm and a leg for easy jobs that I don't have time to do.
People like this are the biggest part of the problem. Breaking the law and don't care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2017, 11:57 AM

22,469 posts, read 11,990,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
I hired someone. Whooped dee doo
^^^^Ridiculous post. The sad thing is that you don't even realize that your post is a total failure.

Old 04-24-2017, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
I'm guessing he looked like Zac Efron 'cause you know...

You don't know any such thing. All your post did is make you look foolish.

Old 04-24-2017, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
So all of the legal Mexicans & Central Americans in this country aren't good enough to do landscaping work?

Sounds like "Hire American" is really just code for "Hire White".
^^^^Now there's a racist post.

If the Mexicans and Central Americans are here legally and experienced in doing landscaping work plus they run an above board company, then, yes, they are good enough to do landscaping work.

So, what was the point of your racist post?

Old 04-24-2017, 12:07 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times
I mean really? "I hired a landscaper'?

Ok. I have a grass guy who is American. Does a great job. He also does my 'spring clean-up' for my landscaping. Young guys help out. Prob college students. They do ok.

How is this controversial?

Old 04-24-2017, 12:16 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,884,808 times
I never ask. Most the people I have hired for jobs around the house speak poor English and are brown skinned but that does not mean they are illegal. I have my own "Don't ask, don't tell" policy.

Old 04-24-2017, 12:24 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,727,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Called a Landscaper for some spring mulching. The guy showing up at the door looked like a 20 something college student. It was hard to take him seriously at first, so I asked him if he has done this sort of work. He absolutely did not fit the profile of someone who has landscaper company. Gave me an estimate, which I accepted, all the while wondering does he have a crew, a truck? Will he even show up? Next day he arrives with three "kids" of his age and proceed to do the best quality mulching job we've ever had. Three American kids doing the job we are told "Americans won't do."
That's funny. We did the same thing, with the same outcome. They've been working for us for a couple years now. They are dependable, do a good job and at a reasonable price.

Old 04-24-2017, 12:32 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,086,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
That's funny. We did the same thing, with the same outcome. They've been working for us for a couple years now. They are dependable, do a good job and at a reasonable price.
Who is "they"?
Please describe. What do they look like and what's their legal status to work in USA, and how do you verify that?

Old 04-24-2017, 12:38 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,735,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Called a Landscaper for some spring mulching. The guy showing up at the door looked like a 20 something college student. It was hard to take him seriously at first, so I asked him if he has done this sort of work. He absolutely did not fit the profile of someone who has landscaper company. Gave me an estimate, which I accepted, all the while wondering does he have a crew, a truck? Will he even show up? Next day he arrives with three "kids" of his age and proceed to do the best quality mulching job we've ever had. Three American kids doing the job we are told "Americans won't do."
I always use American landscapers. Some have brown skin, some have white skin. It doesn't make any difference to me.

Old 04-24-2017, 12:40 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,884,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
I always use American landscapers. Some have brown skin, some have white skin. It doesn't make any difference to me.
I am pretty certain all my the people I have hired are from the Americas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies