Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2017, 02:28 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post
There's a big difference between a pedestrian and a mob of people blocking the flow of traffic.

That being said, if you jaywalk and get hit, it's still your fault.
There are states where all vehicular traffic must yield to pedestrians crossing. Is TN one of them, not sure, but mine is and you'd get done in with the cops with that attitude in my state

Old 04-24-2017, 02:39 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
I have a co-worker who will lose his job if he is late one more time in the next 60 days. At some point some one is going to get killed if people keep blocking traffic. It just takes one frustrated person who is at the end of his rope. Think road rage.

Free speech does not give you the right to block roads. Those blocking roads should be ticketed and dispersed, jailed if needed.

I really do no think other laws should be needed if existing ones are enforced.

Old 04-24-2017, 02:40 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,235,064 times
Getting these people off the roads is easy:

The police should have a truck equipped with a 1000 gallon tank and a 1 inch firehose. Fill the tank with KY jelly impregnated with skunk odor (or worse). Drive up to the protestors and blast them with this supper slick, horrifically smelly concoction.

KY is completely harmless, nontoxic and environmentally friendly. And it will give the protestors something entirely new to think about. Might even ruin their day.

Old 04-24-2017, 03:06 PM

18,494 posts, read 9,161,666 times
Wow this thread really brought the far-right sociopaths out of the woodwork...

Old 04-24-2017, 03:11 PM

5,661 posts, read 3,523,039 times
I don't wish or hope for anyone to get hit.

But if protester are in the streets and freeways if one gets hit by accident, I like the idea of the driver not being held accountable.
I really don't think people are going to go around hitting protester on purpose.

Old 04-24-2017, 03:11 PM

6,160 posts, read 5,712,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
There are states where all vehicular traffic must yield to pedestrians crossing. Is TN one of them, not sure, but mine is and you'd get done in with the cops with that attitude in my state
Those laws also state that the pedestrian must be using a valid crosswalk. The law doesn't apply if Bob the dumbo tries to walk across the interstate with cars going 70mph. Most vehicles aren't expecting a pedestrian to dart out of nowhere on the interstate.

Old 04-24-2017, 03:17 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
From the article:

I guess somebody missed the "due care" part which makes the bill legitimate.

People exercising due care aren't intentionally running over anyone or else it wouldn't be due care.

People, at least read the article.
I would assume that "due care" is different for different people.

This is the stupidest thing I ever heard.

Old 04-24-2017, 03:19 PM

29 posts, read 26,595 times
My granddaughter is a young R.N. and works nights at a hospital that is not far from where people were blocking roads. Its only making matters matters worse by endangering essential medical workers. Stay off the roads and away from traffic. If I am trying to get a very ill person to the hospital, don't put me in a position where I have to make a choice.

Old 04-24-2017, 03:34 PM

626 posts, read 381,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Thank you for further proving right wingers have zero morals and are no different than Nazis.
So Mr. Moral here would prefer for another 4-year old child to be stuck in an ambulance so he can get his paycheck from Soros!

The thing is liberals have been constantly beating up Republicans at rallies and in the streets and get no consequence. Now that people want to actually prevent protesters from harming bystanders, they're all whiny whiny

Old 04-24-2017, 03:38 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,587,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
From the article:

I guess somebody missed the "due care" part which makes the bill legitimate.

People exercising due care aren't intentionally running over anyone or else it wouldn't be due care.

People, at least read the article.

The thing is, if this gets passed, someone is going to test the limits of "due care," and people are going to get injured or killed.

I have no sympathy with people who block public roads, delaying emergency vehicles and whatnot, but I don't think this proposed law is the correct way to deal with the problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies