Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2017, 02:58 PM

15,626 posts, read 10,380,316 times

Advertisements

according to Independent Bernie Sanders on Face the Nation this weekend.

Bernie Sanders: "The model of the Democratic Party is failing" - Videos - CBS News

SANDERS: I think what is clear to anyone who looks at where the Democratic Party today is, that the model of the Democratic Party is failing. We have a Republican president, who ran as a candidate as the most unpopular in modern history of this country. Republicans control the House, the Senate, two-thirds of governor’s chairs, and in the last eight years they have picked up 900 legislative seats.

The Democratic Party has got to take the lead, rally people, young people, working people, stand up to the billionaire class. And when we do that, you’re going to see voter turnout swell. You’re going to see people coming in and running for office. You’re going to see Democrats regain control
of the United States Congress.

Lots of rallies for young people and encouraging working people to attack and demonize successful, rich, American workers is the strategy of the new Democrat Party? This plan when added to Perez, the Dnc chair, throwing out any Democrat who is pro-life from the party a few days ago makes me wonder if the Democrats will be able to even assemble a quorum at the polls in 2018.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2017, 03:10 PM

4,472 posts, read 3,822,968 times
Bernie Sanders doesn't realize the real reason why it's failing- the fact that it is going further and further to the left. He is actually part of the problem. Great that he acknowledges that they are failing, but he fails to see the real reasons.

Letting illegal immigrants flood in, along with their anti-gun stance, their dumb transgender laws, and anti white/Christian stance will cause the moderate blue collar democrats to leave.

Old 04-24-2017, 03:19 PM

45,542 posts, read 27,152,040 times
I think Republicans, in general, are more responsive to what their constituents want than Democrats.

The RNC, even though they did not want Trump, listened to their constituents. The DNC, took the lead on the issue, and cheated Bernie out of his opportunity because they chose HRC to be president.

So when Bernie says the DNC needs to take the lead - I see as them digging themselves further into a hole. It's all about rallies and turning out the voter to get them elected. What do their constituents get?

Old 04-24-2017, 03:27 PM

2,365 posts, read 2,838,552 times
Extremism is bound to fail - conservative or liberal. Moderation & equality for everyone should be the goal for any political party. If you start ignoring a particular group of people & give extra privileges to another group then eventually it will come back to bite you. Liberals wanted to suppress the conservative population & replace them completely with immigrants. Its great for an immigrant like me but I would never vote for a manipulative party as they will betray me in a heartbeat to fit their needs. I voted conservative because atleast they have integrity & were standing by their people. If a party could sell their country then they have no morals or loyalty. I would never trust them.

Old 04-24-2017, 04:46 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,352,042 times
We go through these swings from time to time. I remember a book from around 2002 entitled 'The Emerging Democratic Majority' by a couple of lefty commentators. Not too much later the R's owned the WH, US House, and US Senate, which got Karl Rove talking about a 25 year GOP dynasty or some such thing. Not too many years later the D's had the WH, House, and Senate (albeit for a brief period).

Democrats still have a powerful model. They just have not figured out how to apply it in recent years. Romney was right--the Dems have a natural advantage w/ the '47%' alone, but they have other natural advantages besides.

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...beginning.html

Old 04-24-2017, 04:54 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
We go through these swings from time to time. I remember a book from around 2002 entitled 'The Emerging Democratic Majority' by a couple of lefty commentators. Not too much later the R's owned the WH, US House, and US Senate, which got Karl Rove talking about a 25 year GOP dynasty or some such thing. Not too many years later the D's had the WH, House, and Senate (albeit for a brief period).

Democrats still have a powerful model. They just have not figured out how to apply it in recent years. Romney was right--the Dems have a natural advantage w/ the '47%' alone, but they have other natural advantages besides.

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...beginning.html
Yes I agree, actually, it's good. When a party holds power for awhile they become arrogant and ignore the people. The most recent display of this example is Democrats during the Obama years.

In 2010 Democrats got their first warning but they ignored it. Obama did win in 2012 but in early 2013, his response was to arrogantly say to the GOP, "If you don't like the policies, win an election"... Obama and D's continued to ignore the people with each election warning afterward, all told, they lost 1030 seats during the Obama presidency.

Democrats were shocked and responded with melt downs and resorting to their typical name calling tactics. Shocked because they weren't listening so how could they see the loss coming, how could they have adjusted when they ignored the people?

They call it living in a bubble. I call it living in the echo chamber.

Last edited by petch751; 04-24-2017 at 05:12 PM..

Old 04-24-2017, 04:56 PM

2,924 posts, read 1,586,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
according to Independent Bernie Sanders on Face the Nation this weekend.

Bernie Sanders: "The model of the Democratic Party is failing" - Videos - CBS News

SANDERS: I think what is clear to anyone who looks at where the Democratic Party today is, that the model of the Democratic Party is failing. We have a Republican president, who ran as a candidate as the most unpopular in modern history of this country. Republicans control the House, the Senate, two-thirds of governor’s chairs, and in the last eight years they have picked up 900 legislative seats.

The Democratic Party has got to take the lead, rally people, young people, working people, stand up to the billionaire class. And when we do that, you’re going to see voter turnout swell. You’re going to see people coming in and running for office. You’re going to see Democrats regain control
of the United States Congress.

Lots of rallies for young people and encouraging working people to attack and demonize successful, rich, American workers is the strategy of the new Democrat Party? This plan when added to Perez, the Dnc chair, throwing out any Democrat who is pro-life from the party a few days ago makes me wonder if the Democrats will be able to even assemble a quorum at the polls in 2018.

Their plans of winning are:

1.) To try and get Amnesty (Republican might be stupid enough to get it for them)
2.) Common Core indoctrination

Old 04-24-2017, 04:57 PM

6,160 posts, read 5,705,622 times
Both parties and the two party system is a failed model. The multi party system in France works much better.

Old 04-24-2017, 05:11 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,955,379 times
Taking on the donor class is absolutely essential. Trump signed his internet spying bill with 6% public support for that bill. That is legalized corruption in practice.

Anyone who doesnt understand the power of special interests, big money donors and lobbyists have over the political process and how it harms the will of the people dont live in reality.

For decades now, politicians have sold out workers to Wall Street and big money interests. This isnt about "attacking successful people". Its about attacking a rigged economy held up by a corrupt system of campaign finance that threaten to undermine democracy completely.

Old 04-24-2017, 05:15 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Taking on the donor class is absolutely essential. Trump signed his internet spying bill with 6% public support for that bill. That is legalized corruption in practice.

Anyone who doesnt understand the power of special interests, big money donors and lobbyists have over the political process and how it harms the will of the people dont live in reality.

For decades now, politicians have sold out workers to Wall Street and big money interests. This isnt about "attacking successful people". Its about attacking a rigged economy held up by a corrupt system of campaign finance that threaten to undermine democracy completely.
Yet, when Obama and Liz Warren said, "you didn't build that" they were attacking successful small business owners. When they raised taxes on income claiming high income meant you are rich, they were lying and attacking successful people.

High income in no way means you are rich. But the same as Gruber said about Obamacare, they were able to push the lie because of the stupidity of the American people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies