Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2017, 02:22 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,108,703 times

Advertisements

Have you guys not learned yet? Specifics aren't important to Trumpers. As long as Trump says it'll get done, IT'S GONNA HAPPEN! MAGA!!!!

Old 04-25-2017, 02:30 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Have you guys not learned yet? Specifics aren't important to Trumpers. As long as Trump says it'll get done, IT'S GONNA HAPPEN! MAGA!!!!
Sorry, I just can't seem to break my connection with reality, never did like Kool-Aid.

Old 04-25-2017, 02:41 PM

1,805 posts, read 1,466,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellise View Post
I admit that I find it hard to take, that an incompetent, delusional, narcissistic man-child managed to get himself elected to the highest office in the land.
It is not hard to see how it has happened. The generational dumbing down of the population coupled with the increasing polarization of political thought from both the left and right makes a perfect storm for someone like the Donald to win the White House. How many actual eligible voters cast a ballot? How many bother to vote in mid-term or local elections? How many even try to do any research on what passes for news?

Old 04-25-2017, 03:30 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,234,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellise View Post
I admit that I find it hard to take, that an incompetent, delusional, narcissistic man-child managed to get himself elected to the highest office in the land.
Same here. But fortunately his 8 years just ended and now we have a real executive in the White house.

Old 04-25-2017, 03:32 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,837,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
You're hallucinating again. Swallow your pills and take a nap!
Uh, I think some pills have already been consumed.

Old 04-25-2017, 03:36 PM

5,993 posts, read 3,732,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Charger View Post
If liberals and jealous Republicans (like Paul Ryan) would get out of his way, even more would be fixed by now!

I bet not one single liberal is willing to give back their stock market gains the last 100 days.

North Korea is bout to get dealt with.

Word.
Oh so you want everybody to get out of his way so we can have a dictator? Got it. And you guys claim the left is unpatriotic? Yeah right.

Old 04-25-2017, 03:40 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,614,780 times
Quote:
If liberals and jealous Republicans (like Paul Ryan) would get out of his way, even more would be fixed by now!

I bet not one single liberal is willing to give back their stock market gains the last 100 days.

Word.
Again, the Republicans wouldn't let anything get done for 8 years!

Old 04-25-2017, 03:42 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,614,780 times
Quote:
Trump is already on track to win 2020.
He is? Please explain how?

Old 04-25-2017, 03:56 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
Again, the Republicans wouldn't let anything get done for 8 years!
And now they're in control getting nothing done.

Old 04-25-2017, 03:58 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,357,274 times
Quote:

Word.
Jealousy is a very immature charge to lay on any adult. It's something best left where it natrually exists- on school playgrounds and other kiddy hangouts.

It is probably an emotion Trump has, however, as he's a child trapped in an old man's body. It certainly doesn't apply to Paul Ryan, the most reluctant Speaker of the House I've seen in my lifetime.

Ryan really did not want the job. At all. Remember that he turned it down twice before he very reluctantly accepted it? That's not the mentality of a jealous child. That's evidence of a reluctant adult who knows what he's getting into and dreads it. But does it anyway, from a strong sense of responsibility and duty.

Your problem isn't with Ryan. It's with every Republican and every Democrat in the House who doesn't swallow Trump's ineffectual BS or believe his empty promises. They too are adults, and they too know their jobs. They're not going to allow Trump and his willy-nilly ways to slide by without substantial and meaningful challenge.

After all, somebody has to be the adult in charge. This is the most powerful nation on earth, not a school playground. Or a rich man's playground either, despite what our President thinks. Part of the genius in our Constitution is how it accommodates that fact.

Another fact is congressional deliberation can only move so fast. When a large deliberative body meets, it always takes time for agreement to be reached.

Trump over-promised as a candidate because he had no understanding at all of this, and because he's a perpetual child, is still stubbornly resisting the adults' corrections of his childish behavior, although he's slowly coming to realize at last what his limitations are. Any adult would have known those limits from the beginning, or at least would know that limitations would naturally exist.

Baby Kim in N. Korea will soon start learning what Trump is learning now. The nation will be dealt with, for sure, but probably not in the way you expect, or Kim Jun Un expects. God help us all if there are no adults in that meeting room.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies