Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2017, 04:35 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
You like law breakers to escape justice and to be protected so they can go out and commit more crimes? WTH? Really?
The Feds can deport anyone deemed here illegally. Nothing can stop them from doing so.

Why is it you are condemning cities for not doing something the courts have said they can't but you say nothing about the Feds shirking their responsibility ?

Old 04-25-2017, 04:36 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
I hope the Lib-Lovin' Trump Haters that support the Illegal Immigrants and their Sanctuary Cities, won't someday get one of their own family members hurt/killed by these illegals below:

I bet all the illegal immigrants are lovin' this...

Examples of Serious Crimes By Illegal Aliens
Ah yes, fear and hate. The usual FUD.

I know someone brutally murdered. By an American. So far none of them have done anything like that to me and mine, just my fellow Americans.

So wah.

We have reasonable long term economic reasons to do this, we don't need your fear mongering nonsense. This was OBVIOUSLY going to fail to pass constitutional muster.

Know what would? "We're financing a new jail expansion for states, they just have to certify every year that no cities were sanctuary cities in order to receive the funding." BAM Legal.

This was just blatantly illegal.

Old 04-25-2017, 04:37 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,636,611 times
Quote:
I hope the Lib-Lovin' Trump Haters that support the Illegal Immigrants and their Sanctuary Cities, won't someday get one of their own family members hurt/killed by these illegals below:

oh please, use math to figure it out.

if illegal immigrants commit fewer crimes per 1000 and they live in your area ...then assuming all other variables are constant. well then that reduces the chance of you being the victim. It is literally just math and nothing more.

the actual number goes up but your risk real declines, what is so hard to get about that? Really i ask you? Do you not understand or do you just not care about it, and just want them out cause stuff n things?

Old 04-25-2017, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
Judges are not politicians. They should not legislate from the bench. Amend the Constitution so they can be fired.
The irony is thick here.

Old 04-25-2017, 04:38 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,636,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The Feds can deport anyone deemed here illegally. Nothing can stop them from doing so.

Why is it you are condemning cities for not doing something the courts have said they can't but you say nothing about the Feds shirking their responsibility ?
yep and feds are everywhere and ice is all around so they just need to get on with their jobs and stop bothering my locally paid police officers .

Old 04-25-2017, 04:41 PM

3,992 posts, read 2,458,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Where the hell did I say that? The fact though that this was an felon illegal and was allowed to be to released back into our society to commit a murder was a travesty.
do you get as equally outraged when non-immigrants criminals are released back into the system to commit crimes?

Old 04-25-2017, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmil View Post
This is a legal high-wire act and most people know it.

The Supremacy Clause in the Constitution states that federal law supersedes the laws of the states, which is why declaring yourself a "sanctuary city" from federal law is ridiculous on its face.
It might be if that is what they are doing but they are not. The Feds can come and pick up every illegal they can find in any of these cities. No one is stopping them.

Quote:
I would imagine that federal funding should be entirely discretionary based on who signs it -- hint hint -- but I can understand that there needs to be good reason to withhold funding a city.

It's one thing to say a city can't or wont do ICE's job, but basically for any "sanctuary city" to mean anything, this basically amounts to obstructing justice. And, lest we forget, obstructing justice for a "class" of people who are here illegally, and thus don't fall under U.S. jurisdiction anyway.
Until they have their day in court they are no different than anyone else in the eyes of the law.

Old 04-25-2017, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
Judges are not politicians. They should not legislate from the bench. Amend the Constitution so they can be fired.
yet another constitutional scholar among Trump supporters....please continue to attempt towipe your behind with 250 years of legal precedent and basic tenants of our republic in a manner that would make the founding fathers weep.....all to keep from admitting that you were easily duped by a second tier carnival barker....

Old 04-25-2017, 04:44 PM

Quote:

The thing that can be done that will have the largest impact is to start raiding and fining businesses that hire illegals.

When do you suppose Trump will start? This is why I do not care for him. He refuses to do his job and wants others to do it for him.

Old 04-25-2017, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
If these liberal judges fought for American rights as much as they do for illegal criminals rights we would not have the problems of drugs killing our kids, gangs killing our kids . This is why the liberals are destroying the Democratic party.
please list steps a federal judge can take to keep kids form OD'ing within the confines of the constitution...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies