Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2017, 06:21 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,163,127 times

Advertisements

Although this action was first started while the Bush administration was in, I get the feeling that Trump's belligerence will cause a lot of rulings against the US. I wouldn't be surprised if the whole world is gunning for US.

As for exiting the WTO, yea, we can all sell each other Peanut Butter and Coal sandwiches.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2017, 06:22 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,635,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Or we could just tell the WTO to go ---- themselves.
you are right. we could withdraw from the WTO..

did you ever wonder at what point China began to successfully export to the west?

Did ya?

ever wonder how China got ACCESS to those markets?

Do you need a hint, or did you read between the lines.?

Old 04-25-2017, 06:27 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,635,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
As an American, I see no problem with exiting the WTO, and consuming products made and sold in the US. This way, we the people can keep more of those high value USDs to ourselves. We have the great burden of debt to pay off, due to the greed of previous generations. Now it's time to repay those debts, so we don't hand down ever growing deficits to the next generation in line.

The bleeding of jobs has stopped. Now is time for healing, America.
really.

I have a feeling i had to go through this before here, like a hundred times. so briefly.

china tried it, fell behind, Europeans showed up with tech that had gone from hundreds of years behind to hundreds head.

get it?

If you close yourself off you lose out. You end up falling behind faster and faster and with today's pace it would happen very fast. Nevermind the complete collapse of our economy.

Prices would go vertical, standards of living would fall through the floor, we would last a few years before we came crawling back under new management and we would no longer be at the big table.

But dream on.

Old 04-25-2017, 06:32 PM

1,728 posts, read 3,125,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
Did you even read the article that YOU posted? It says the case was filed by Mexico in 2008. Now please tell me how this is Trump's fault?

Trump has no problems taking credit for the good that Obama did, now he can take the bad as well....

Old 04-25-2017, 06:37 PM

1,378 posts, read 737,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookSearcher View Post
Because you SHOULD care that Americans would be harmed by such a ruling but you obviously just care that Trump supposedly is getting it stuck to him.
And as a "good person/country/people" we should not be screwing over our allies. I mean, would you screw over your neighbor next door?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimchee View Post
Trump has no problems taking credit for the good that Obama did, now he can take the bad as well....
Exactly!

Old 04-25-2017, 06:38 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,220,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvatron210 View Post
The US just lost a trade battle with Mexico - Apr. 25, 2017

"On Tuesday, the World Trade Organization ruled in Mexico's favor, allowing it to impose trade sanctions worth $163 million a year against the US. The WTO says that's how much money Mexico has lost from the US unfairly penalizing Mexican tuna."

And then we have Americans who complain about Mexico being a third world country. Well, it's hard to be a first world country when you are getting messed over and can't even get paid properly for your exports.

One loss for the Trump Administration, many more to come.
I don't buy anything from Mexico.

Thus I don't care.

Old 04-25-2017, 06:46 PM

1,378 posts, read 737,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post

Thus I don't care.
I highly doubt that, and even if it was true, I am pretty sure that you have bought products that have been manufactured in other countries.

Even an Iphone(an american product) uses chips and displays from Samsung(a Korean company)

Old 04-25-2017, 06:47 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,096,148 times
Another haters thread blaming Trump for something he had nothing to do with.

Par for the course sadly.

Old 04-25-2017, 06:47 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,493,154 times
It's not really a matter of being anti-trade to insist that what we import be up to our standards of safety, cleanliness, human rights protections, and environmental protection. In other words, there's no legitimate argument for forcing us to accept lead paint on toys, food tainted with chemicals, protected species being taken with fish, products being made with slave labor. I think free trade with a nation should be contingent on those standards being met. By default that would mean more fairness in trade.

Old 04-25-2017, 06:48 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,220,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvatron210 View Post
I highly doubt that, and even if it was true, I am pretty sure that you have bought products that have been manufactured in other countries.

Even an Iphone(an american product) uses chips and displays from Samsung(a Korean company)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies