Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2017, 05:32 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,368,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Oh my apologies... the topic is hammer Trump for trying to help the American people keep more of their money.
The topic isnt Obama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2017, 05:33 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post

No, higher income doesn't mean someone is wealthy. In some areas $100,000 doesn't go very far and in others you can own a nice house and drive a new car. However, please don't try to convince me that the tax code is fair and equitable.
Exactly, but of course Obama and Democrats knew most people don't know this so they spouted, "make the rich pay more, people making high income"

Ignorance allows politicians to play you every time.

Last edited by petch751; 04-26-2017 at 05:45 PM..

Old 04-26-2017, 05:34 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,304,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
Trump loves bankruptcies. Bigly!
No, he doesn't. But he realizes that when you take over a failing business, that is often the best option provided by Congress to get a fresh start. It is a legal tool, and Congress established it. If you don't like it, blame them.

Even Obama used bankruptcy to "save" businesses, screwing GM stockholders (the owners, who should have been paid first) and favoring the Unions. Then he invested in other failing businesses (Solyndra) and others who went bankrupt later, again screwing the taxpayers.

But the Left don't want to talk about that.

Old 04-26-2017, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Petch, you called her a liar repeatedly, and she indicated she wasn't going to respond. Why do you think she will now? Because you called her a idiot?
Go back and read. Does she (and you) want to hammer Trump but ignore how Obama and Democrats lied to the American people to gain support to raise taxes on the other guy so they could funnel more money to the government.

Oh my, Obama lied...... Just ignore that.

57,269 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
They said the same thing when Bush cut taxes. He cut taxes and fed tax revenue increased because of increased economic activity.

And since when have Democrats been concerned with the national debt or deficits? Not anytime over the last 8 years, that much is certain.
The Bush tax cuts had nothing to do with increased economic activity, our growth after his tax cuts was abysmal and led to even grater deficits. We have had this fixation on reducing taxes since Reagan and that is why we have enormous deficits, we don't come close to covering our expenditures. This appears to be more of the same. The Bush tax cuts were continued under Obama and that is where we are today running huge deficits and now here comes another tax cut.

Last edited by Goodnight; 04-26-2017 at 06:18 PM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
No, he doesn't. But he realizes that when you take over a failing business, that is often the best option provided by Congress to get a fresh start. It is a legal tool, and Congress established it. If you don't like it, blame them.
The point he is making is that bankruptcies arent as viable of a option for a country. We can't afford mistakes of that magnitude.

Old 04-26-2017, 05:40 PM

Quote:
You arent high income Petch. Seriously.
LOL, how typically liberal of you to tell me my income.

With the revealing of the Trump tax proposals and their lower tax rates, however, I may be incentivized to actually reinvest in my company again after three years of early semi-retirement! It might actually be worth growing the business. hmm, which would mean I would have to hire more people.

Old 04-26-2017, 05:44 PM

Quote:
LOL, how typically liberal of you to tell me my income.

With the revealing of the Trump tax proposals and their lower tax rates, however, I may be incentivized to actually reinvest in my company again after three years of early semi-retirement! It might actually be worth growing the business. hmm, which would mean I would have to hire more people.
You are concerned about the cost of your mom. High income would mean you weren't. I'm 99.99% sure you arent in the top 0.1%.

Quote:
Go back and read. Does she (and you) want to hammer Trump but ignore how Obama and Democrats lied to the American people to gain support to raise taxes on the other guy so they could funnel more money to the government.

Oh my, Obama lied...... Just ignore that.
We're talking about current events. How hard is that for you? This is about today. And im not going to bother addressing your hatred and delusions about Obama in this thread unless you make it relevant. So far all you are doing is ranting, and making yourself look bad.

Old 04-26-2017, 05:48 PM

Quote:
You are concerned about the cost of your mom. High income would mean you weren't. I'm 99.99% sure you arent in the top 0.1%.

We're talking about current events. How hard is that for you? This is about today. And im not going to bother addressing your hatred and delusions about Obama in this thread unless you make it relevant. So far all you are doing is ranting, and making yourself look bad.
I help my mom and have my own bills, max 401k and HSA's and invest to take care of myself and DH for our own elderly years and yes, of course, those $920 a month Obamacare monthly premiums I'm forced to pay for maternity care at 56 years old.

See, the best thing we can do for society is NOT to be a poverty case at any point in our lives.

Old 04-26-2017, 05:49 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,635,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post

Even Obama used bankruptcy to "save" businesses, screwing GM stockholders (the owners, who should have been paid first) and favoring the Unions. Then he invested in other failing businesses (Solyndra) and others who went bankrupt later, again screwing the taxpayers.

But the Left don't want to talk about that.
whoa dude, stockholders dont get paid first who told you that?

stockholders are LAST always last. You clearly need to brush up your 101 investing as you do not understand your risk purchase if you think stockholders get paid first, they are last last and last.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies