Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2017, 05:52 PM

34,274 posts, read 19,293,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
No, he doesn't. But he realizes that when you take over a failing business, that is often the best option provided by Congress to get a fresh start. It is a legal tool, and Congress established it. If you don't like it, blame them.

Even Obama used bankruptcy to "save" businesses, screwing GM stockholders (the owners, who should have been paid first) and favoring the Unions. Then he invested in other failing businesses (Solyndra) and others who went bankrupt later, again screwing the taxpayers.

But the Left don't want to talk about that.
Sure, lets talk about it-in a thread where its relevant. Those investments were pretty far ranging-and MOST of them succeeded. In fact at a higher % then most investors get.

Its like a Dr saving thousands, and you focus on the one guy who died.

But again, why dont you want to discuss the topic?

And GM got screwed? Weird, I thought they still existed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2017, 05:54 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,613,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
LOL, how typically liberal of you to tell me my income.

With the revealing of the Trump tax proposals and their lower tax rates, however, I may be incentivized to actually reinvest in my company again after three years of early semi-retirement! It might actually be worth growing the business. hmm, which would mean I would have to hire more people.
come on, if you think that package is going through in any way shape or form, you are not thinking it through.

there is no chance, nada zip.

Trump is throwing large volumes of mud hoping to get one or two through and have people happy to have avoided the death spiral his plan is.

but we will make enough noise to insure he does not get that "pass through" tax cut he so desperately wants.

You could drive a bus through the holes in this plan it is DOA, not a chance of passing with anything but his name on it.

Trump is simply trying to look the hero, the big guy and shift blame to congress, they will hate him for this.

Old 04-26-2017, 05:56 PM

41,111 posts, read 25,642,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post

We're talking about current events. How hard is that for you? This is about today. And im not going to bother addressing your hatred and delusions about Obama in this thread unless you make it relevant. So far all you are doing is ranting, and making yourself look bad.
People and politicians think short term.

Most people are not born rich so they have build seed money to save and invest. When you first start out (get out of mommy's basement) your money goes to expenses although you should be saving. As you get older or become more successful you may make more money, instead of lifestyle creep people should be building their seed money but it's still hard because government wants a bigger chunk. And this happens all through life and before you know it, you're in your 50's, at the top of your earnings capapblility and trying to save everything you can but then government thinks they are entitled to a bigger piece of your earnings.

Why do you think there are so many elderly living in poverty? Because when you make better money, government thinks you're rich and want a bigger chunk so how can you build your seed money to invest for cash flow when you can no longer work? The government works against you dong this.

Do you really think the poor give a damn that you can no longer work and are now living in poverty. No, they don't. They're looking to the next politician who promises to legislate their prosperity by taking from other people.

Old 04-26-2017, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Do you think most people pop out of the womb and are rich, no most don't. Most people are not born rich so they have build seed money to save and invest. When you first start out (get out of mommy's basement) it is expensive and especially at first is when your money goes to expenses although you should be saving. As you get older or become more successful you may make more money, extra money if you don't move your lifestyle up and that extra money should be put aside but it isn't, government wants a bigger chunk. And that happens all through life and before you know it, you're older and trying to save everything you can but then government thinks they are entitled to a higher piece of your earnings.

Why do you think there are so many elderly living in poverty? Because when you make better money, government thinks you're rich and want a bigger chunk so how can you build your seed money to invest for cash flow when you can no longer work? The government works against you dong this.
Petch....we have to pay the bills that the government spends money on. Its not magical unicorns. And if you think the wealthy have it bad, then think how the poor have it. And no, they don't have a free ride-fee,s property taxes etc add up. When the magical unicorn comes along that pays for everything, then great we can talk tax reduction. But this stuff is not free, and the point here is that the current government is acting like it is, and actively working to spend more, while bringing in less at a time where there is no recession. this isnt rocket science.

Old 04-26-2017, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Petch....we have to pay the bills that the government spends money on. Its not magical unicorns. And if you think the wealthy have it bad, then think how the poor have it. And no, they don't have a free ride-fee,s property taxes etc add up. When the magical unicorn comes along that pays for everything, then great we can talk tax reduction. But this stuff is not free, and the point here is that the current government is acting like it is, and actively working to spend more, while bringing in less at a time where there is no recession. this isnt rocket science.
All or nothing. I didn't say we don't have to pay taxes, I'm saying people and politicians think short term, support politicians who sell them unicorns and then wonder why they end up in poverty in their older years. So please, stop the typical unicorn rhetoric.

Did you even bother taking a min to understand what I posted. Probably not. It appears you're too busy touting the typical tax the other guy rhetoric. I'll bet you poor people getting tax payer funded welfare aren't concerned about you or me falling into poverty later.

Old 04-26-2017, 06:08 PM

33,840 posts, read 16,870,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Lowering the corporate tax rate is a great way to keep companies here, and bring some back to the US, where they can be taxed, and hire Americans.

Seems very logical.
Bingo.

Old 04-26-2017, 06:08 PM

Quote:
All or nothing. I didn't say we don't have to pay taxes, I'm saying people and politicians think short term, support politicians who sell them unicorns and then wonder why they end up in poverty in their older years. So please, stop the typical unicorn rhetoric.

Did you even bother taking a min to understand what I posted. Probably not. It appears you're too busy touting the typical tax the other guy rhetoric. I'll bet you poor people getting tax payer funded welfare aren't concerned about you or me falling into poverty later.
I do understand what you posted. A huge rant thats mostly specific to your viewpoints, not facts. The facts you do post are all about Obama, and not relevant to the discussion.

Im going to join Nancy, and start only responding to you when you have a valid point thats backed by reality, and not just ranting.

Old 04-26-2017, 06:13 PM

Quote:
I do understand what you posted. A huge rant thats mostly specific to your viewpoints, not facts. The facts you do post are all about Obama, and not relevant to the discussion.

Im going to join Nancy, and start only responding to you when you have a valid point thats backed by reality, and not just ranting.
My point is I must spell it out to you is that leftist supported Obama while he was spending like someone with Daddy's credit card. (whatever happened to those shovel ready jobs?)... but the same people are acting like wet cats when Trump is trying to change the tax code so people can keep more of their money, business are more encouraged to invest (which leads to job growth) and trying to repatriate money back to the U.S.

You all sound like you've had an overdose of MSNBC who's only agenda is to hammer Trump instead of looking out for the American people.

Old 04-26-2017, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Did you know that poor people think day to day, middle class people think month to month, rich people think long term (years ahead)? Think about that.

Politicians are concerned about their jobs today, (short term), hoping to keep their job long enough to get a government pension. They know that people think short term too and it's yet another reason (in addition to lying about income and wealth) why they get away with lying to the people and the once middle class people end up in poverty in their retirement years.

Knowledge is power over your now and future but people won't educate themselves keep letting politicians sell them lies. Obama and Democrats lied about the high income means your rich to get more money funneled to them and they had to be laughing their asses off at the people who believed that lie.

Old 04-26-2017, 06:18 PM

24,487 posts, read 33,205,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The Bush tax cuts had nothing to do with increased economic activity, our growth after his tax cuts were abysmal and lead to even grater deficits. We have had this fixation on reducing taxes since Reagan and that is why we have enormous deficits, we don't come close to covering our expenditures. This appears to be more of the same. The Bush tax cuts were continued under Obama and that is where we are today running huge deficits and now here comes another tax cut.
What are you talking about?

GDP growth was good after the Bush tax cuts.

And government revenue grew by $785 billion from 2004-2007 after the 2001 and 2003 tax cuts, the largest four-year increase in history up to that time. It didn't lead to "greater deficits." Overspending does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies