Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2017, 08:27 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Jedd View Post
Is the wall going to go from Texas to Florida and San Diego to Catalina Island? Because with the proposed cuts to the Coast Guard, people can just take a boat to the US without much trouble.
Nope, it just should skip extremely desolate areas and places like Santa Elena Canyon.

Old 04-25-2017, 08:31 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,335,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Jedd View Post
Is the wall going to go from Texas to Florida and San Diego to Catalina Island? Because with the proposed cuts to the Coast Guard, people can just take a boat to the US without much trouble.
Actually always could.

Remember one night some years ago trying to get a response out of the CG among the islands off San Diego. Moving through dense fog with a huge ocean liner out front not answering their radio. And the CG...no where to be found.

They knew perfectly well what was going on...we had a cruise ship drifting around with no one on the bridge. But if the CG answered the call they would have to run out to us some miles off shore...rouse the liner and then write the crew up for the violation. No way they were gong to spend a patrol night on a bridge violation on a cruise ship.

Now imagine we were out there moving a ton or so of pot from our Mexican friend to the Catalina 41. Who is going to pick us up the next morning as we return...

Old 04-25-2017, 08:35 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,611,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookSearcher View Post
Ted Cruz Calls for $14 Billion Seized from 'El Chapo' to Fund Border Wall
Oh can't wait to hear the reasons we CAN'T do this from the liberals....defending a drug lord over a wall to stop drug lords...
Why would the "liberals" defend a drug lord? You don't know it but you are part of the problem.

Old 04-25-2017, 08:44 PM

234 posts, read 122,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
Why would the "liberals" defend a drug lord? You don't know it but you are part of the problem.
Because NONE of you liberals want the flow of illegal voters cut off. Build a wall and there it goes! POOF! ANYTHING to not have a wall built....

Old 04-25-2017, 08:47 PM

3,217 posts, read 2,353,056 times
Ha, none of you Country club Repubs want your CHEAP labor (construction, nannies, landscapers, cooks, wait staff, busboys, mistresses) cut off.

Old 04-25-2017, 08:49 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,654,132 times
Quote:
Because NONE of you liberals want the flow of illegal voters cut off. Build a wall and there it goes! POOF! ANYTHING to not have a wall built....
Wrong. Illegals are illegal and they need to be gone. Trump doesn't know how to do it. Probably more border controls, e-verify...things like that. But a WALL is just dumb.

34,278 posts, read 19,358,607 times
Quote:
Saying I am not a liberal? Really? I mean, you are right, but among the liberals here I am viewed by many is being VERY liberal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by walker1962 View Post
Ha, none of you Country club Repubs want your CHEAP labor (construction, nannies, landscapers, cooks, wait staff, busboys, mistresses) cut off.
Sorry but to talk to RICH republicans you would need to go to DC or one of their town halls. I am working class independent NOT republican and wouldn't hire an illegal if that was the only thing offered...I would do it myself.

Old 04-25-2017, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Wrong. Illegals are illegal and they need to be gone. Trump doesn't know how to do it. Probably more border controls, e-verify...things like that. But a WALL is just dumb.
Why is it dumb? Worked for China,Works for the Vatican who has also whined about it despite having a HUGE wall,works for Israel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Saying I am not a liberal? Really? I mean, you are right, but among the liberals here I am viewed by many is being VERY liberal.
You can say whatever you want but that is the number one reason liberals don't want the wall built. They sure don't have a problem with money being spent we know that. It creates jobs to be built,it at the very LEAST stems the flow of drugs,human trafficking and illegal immigration and HOPEFULLY stops it 100%.

Old 04-25-2017, 09:04 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,358,607 times
Quote:
Why is it dumb? Worked for China,Works for the Vatican who has also whined about it despite having a HUGE wall,works for Israel.

You can say whatever you want but that is the number one reason liberals don't want the wall built. They sure don't have a problem with money being spent we know that. It creates jobs to be built,it at the very LEAST stems the flow of drugs,human trafficking and illegal immigration and HOPEFULLY stops it 100%.
LOL. It works for Israel......Bwahgahha. yeah no. Its not even REMOTELY the same.

And the wall WILL work....I expect it will reduce the flow about 5%. They will fly over it, swim around it, climb over it, and dig under it. Or simply visit on a tourist visa and stay.

Hopefully it wont slow the ongoing # who are voluntarily leaving-illegal immigration has had a outflow for quite a while under Obama.

In the end it will be a monument to our idiocy.

Mandatory everify. Prison sentences for employers. And make it a crime to rent to someone who is not a legal resident. Problem solve. 1/100th the effort. Read my posting history, I am anti-illegals, but I think the wall is idiocy.

And the vatican walls? Are only partial. You are lying. I say what I want-facts. You apparently do not:
https://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/20/w...can-walls.html

BTW there are other sites as well, plus you can look on google maps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies