Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2017, 10:36 AM

30,027 posts, read 18,869,092 times

Advertisements

Greatness of Trump:
1. Taking on the Fascist Media
2. Taking on the Fascist liberals where he finds them
3. Jobs
4. Wall - already 67% reduction of illegals with the invisible Trump wall
5. China
6. Russia
7. Korea
8. Saudi
9. Reduce stupid political based regulations
10. Supreme Court
11. Ban of unvetted terrorists
12. Jordan
13. Coal
14. Canadian pipeline
15. Judiciary

Trump is killing it and there's plenty I haven't mentioned
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2017, 10:37 AM

37,937 posts, read 17,789,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Care to....you know...provide details?

I'd like to know what he's done too. Not just "he's giving companies hope". What's the policy changes he's made.

Old 04-26-2017, 10:40 AM

37,937 posts, read 17,789,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Greatness of Trump:
1. Taking on the Fascist Media
2. Taking on the Fascist liberals where he finds them
3. Jobs
4. Wall - already 67% reduction of illegals with the invisible Trump wall
5. China
6. Russia
7. Korea
8. Saudi
9. Reduce stupid political based regulations
10. Supreme Court
11. Ban of unvetted terrorists
12. Jordan
13. Coal
14. Canadian pipeline
15. Judiciary

Trump is killing it and there's plenty I haven't mentioned
You didn't explain anything. You just made a list.
here's one
11. SCOTUS appointment- conservative

I just don't see anything else yet.

Old 04-26-2017, 10:42 AM

4,491 posts, read 2,216,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriz Brown View Post
When he LIES every single day to their faces?

I will destroy ISIS so fast your head will spin.
I will repeal and replace Obamacare on day one.
I will lock up Hillary Clinton
I will sue the women who claim I sexually harassed them
I will release my tax returns
The murder rate is rising in Philly
We have an $800 billion trade deficit.
I never said I was going to repeal and replace in the first 61 days. (LOL)
NATO doesn’t cover terrorism.

All flat out LIES by Donald J. Trump. Quotes.

Why are Cons ok with being lied to every single day by Donald J. Trump?
He used the strategy of a fascist.

I'll use Mussolini because people **** themselves if you use Hitler (which I get; there's no impending Holocaust coming under Trump and that's the assumption that's made if we bring up Hitler). Mussolini used fear and anger to rally people behind a single cause. "Strength through unity" is basically a fascist motto (it was actually a Nazi motto). The idea is that we're all unified, but we have a leader with essentially unchallenged power.

So when Trump's Executive Order on immigration was blocked because a judge felt it was flirting with being a ban based on religion and he tweets out that we should blame the judges if there's a terrorist attack, forgiving me for feeling that this smells like fascism. I mean, an EO is a law essentially, which is supposed to be the job of congress and the judges job it to ensure that the laws passed are not in violation of the constitution in anyway. EO's are to be used sparingly, as per the constitution. As is, a man running on "Making America Great Again" should be using them sparingly, but certainly respect the judges decision to block it. Because one of the many things that made America great is the separation of powers, and Donald doesn't seem to have much respect for that. He'd rather it be done "his" way, and so too do his followers. I read an article a while back that said something to the effect "America has a Dad again." This is troubling. Remember, if you actually believe in the constitution, you know a simple truth: Donald Trump is NOT your leader. He is your servant, elected to serve you. The fact that so many seem to think he is in fact the leader sure as **** seems like fascism to me.

Old 04-26-2017, 10:43 AM

6,160 posts, read 5,671,498 times
I have no idea how a billionaire who lives in his own castle tower in NYC can appeal to Cleetus the redneck in Arkansas.

Old 04-26-2017, 10:46 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,778,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post
I have no idea how a billionaire who lives in his own castle tower in NYC can appeal to Cleetus the redneck in Arkansas.
All he had to do was pit them again a wealthy liberal or an evil Muslim because Cleetus the redneck hates people who have it better than him and are afraid of people who aren't like him.

Old 04-26-2017, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
That's because it's a stupid question.

A better question would be, why do working-class whites like Trump?

Answer: he doesn't hate my ****ing guts and hope I die a slow, miserable death as seems to be the case with most leftists.
Explain how Bernie Sanders hates your guts.

Old 04-26-2017, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
i trust trump about as much as i trust any politician. they ALL suck. however trump was far better than the alternatives.
If they all suck, it's your fault. It's our fault. Don't blame them. If you do, you're just lazy and apathetic. Do something if it bothers. If it doesn't bother you, you're existence is pointless, but also you probably wouldn't be here.

Old 04-26-2017, 10:51 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,413,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
They cannot see the LIES.... They have been programmed to ignore them......
You may be facetious but in a way you are right.

A steady diet of those performance artists like Alex Jones or Bill O'Reilly & Sean Hannity can warp one's judgment. It is like a continual propaganda blitz.

It has the same affect as state news sources in totalitarian regimes, they simply absorb the nonsense and regurgitate it on these message boards and amongst family and neighbors.

Once taking a public position, they own it and feel the need to defend it even though they are getting screwed over and lied to. Cognitive dissonance is uncomfortable, I think the arguments may be more about convincing and reassuring themselves than the rest of us, they talk themselves into it.

Old 04-26-2017, 10:54 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,413,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
He used the strategy of a fascist.
Classic fascist appeal and it elicits a classic fascist response.

I used to think it couldn't happen here ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies