Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2017, 12:00 PM

14,465 posts, read 11,238,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
An immature response that one expects to hear on the schoolyard.
Ouch! That smarted.

Old 04-26-2017, 12:02 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,167,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Not as rephrehenisibke as 99% of Femocrats. Don't know what point you want to make here
Just haters hating.

Nothing much else here.

Old 04-26-2017, 12:09 PM

3,780 posts, read 1,747,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
The company (more accurately, the sweatshop) Ivanka Trump employs to manufacture her line of clothing pays women wages of $62 a week for 60 hours of work. Inspectors with the Fair Labor Association, an industry monitoring group, found two dozen violations of international labor standards during a two-day tour of the factory in October, saying in a report that workers faced daunting hours, high turnover, and pay near or below China’s minimum wage.

All this comes at a time when Ivanka is pretending to be a champion workplace issues and women's issues and supporting her father's bogus buy American/hire American agenda.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...html?tid=ss_tw

She is no better than her father. She says one thing but does the exact opposite if it benefits her own bottom line.
If she and her father really cared they would find a way to have their clothing/ shoes etc. made here in the U.S.

Many other companies manufacture here for those items, they choose to do this to make more money.

Old 04-26-2017, 12:27 PM

17,932 posts, read 27,358,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Meanwhile Lefties wait in line for their new iPhone that was made in a sweatshop that pays pennies a day.
Not just sweatshops. They're factories called Foxconn, Jabil, etc. In towns like Reynosa Mexico... Google Boys Town of Reynosa sometime to see how charming this town is, and they bus in high school aged boys and girls in actual school busses 24/7 to work their 60 per week hours to make about a buck an hour I would guess. These kids should be in school, but oh well.

Go see if Alcom/Alps/Alpine and Fujitsu 10 is still there. The former makes all our subassemblies, electronic, injection molded etc. Of all of our cars, be it Chevrolet, Ford, Chrysler, and ones from across each pond.

You don't think Japan and Taiwan and China don't have something to do with Mexico as well? Europe?

Anybody who jumps on Ivanka Trump is a worthless pigdog, imo of course.

It's the abuse and corruption of unions that caused the fall of Detroit and so many other places. But let's harass Trump's family.

Last edited by McGowdog; 04-26-2017 at 12:43 PM..

Old 04-26-2017, 12:34 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,557,196 times
Quote:
She could have stayed out of the spotlight. She wasn't elected to anything. She chose to put herself forth as one of the faces and voices of her father's administration. I have no pity for her.
You are reading too much into my comment, I think. I didn't say I approve of her role in the administration. I don't. That really wasn't my point.

Old 04-26-2017, 12:38 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,487,074 times
Quote:
The company (more accurately, the sweatshop) Ivanka Trump employs to manufacture her line of clothing pays women wages of $62 a week for 60 hours of work. Inspectors with the Fair Labor Association, an industry monitoring group, found two dozen violations of international labor standards during a two-day tour of the factory in October, saying in a report that workers faced daunting hours, high turnover, and pay near or below China’s minimum wage.

All this comes at a time when Ivanka is pretending to be a champion workplace issues and women's issues and supporting her father's bogus buy American/hire American agenda.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...html?tid=ss_tw

She is no better than her father. She says one thing but does the exact opposite if it benefits her own bottom line.

Don't let the pretty face and soft voice fool you. She is as reprehensible as her father.
Her Daddy taught her well. The apple didn't fall far from the tree.

Old 04-26-2017, 12:43 PM

24,204 posts, read 19,103,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
You are reading too much into my comment, I think. I didn't say I approve of her role in the administration. I don't. That really wasn't my point.
The point is that it was her choice to take a role in the administration. As such, she's subject to criticism just like any other administration official - for her own conduct, and as a representative of the administration. She's not being criticized for the mere fact of being the president's daughter, she's being criticized as a representative of the administration and all of its policies, just like any other member of Trump's team.

With power comes attention, good and bad. Don't want the attention? Don't grab the power.

Old 04-26-2017, 01:00 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,557,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
The point is that it was her choice to take a role in the administration. As such, she's subject to criticism just like any other administration official - for her own conduct, and as a representative of the administration. She's not being criticized for the mere fact of being the president's daughter, she's being criticized as a representative of the administration and all of its policies, just like any other member of Trump's team.

With power comes attention, good and bad. Don't want the attention? Don't grab the power.
I understand that. I don't think she should have such a large role, either, and I understand it exposes her to criticism.

I'm having kind of a hard time explaining my feelings about this, as they're a bit conflicted. On one hand, I don't like the fact that her stuff is made overseas, at all. She and her father both need to have their stuff made here.

On the other hand, I think she is far more moderate than her father on most issues, and I get the impression she may hope to nudge him away from some of his alt-right positions. I certainly would rather have her whispering in his ear than Steve Bannon, for heaven's sake.

I would like to think that if I were in her position, I would simply avoid publicity altogether, but the fact is, I don't know. He asked her to play a role, and family ties are not always easily ignored.

Do I think she is some kind of role model? No.

Do I think she is as horrible as her father, overall? Again, no.

Old 04-26-2017, 01:06 PM

25,420 posts, read 17,101,865 times
The Intolerant Left will pile on and they may even succeed in destroying her.

They better hope so; if they don't they may well have to deal with her as the first woman president.
I think she does well. I like her. But then I have learned a lot about her - something The Intolerant Left won't do.

Old 04-26-2017, 01:14 PM

24,204 posts, read 19,103,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
I understand that. I don't think she should have such a large role, either, and I understand it exposes her to criticism.

I'm having kind of a hard time explaining my feelings about this, as they're a bit conflicted. On one hand, I don't like the fact that her stuff is made overseas, at all. She and her father both need to have their stuff made here.

On the other hand, I think she is far more moderate than her father on most issues, and I get the impression she may hope to nudge him away from some of his alt-right positions. I certainly would rather have her whispering in his ear than Steve Bannon, for heaven's sake.

I would like to think that if I were in her position, I would simply avoid publicity altogether, but the fact is, I don't know. He asked her to play a role, and family ties are not always easily ignored.

Do I think she is some kind of role model? No.

Do I think she is as horrible as her father, overall? Again, no.
I think by agreeing to become an official senior advisor to the President, she put her imprimatur on the administration's policies, and no longer gets to claim that her positions are more moderate. Not to mention that she says a lot of things that are then immediately contradicted by actual actions of the president. So it's either a wink, wink, nudge, nudge thing where they specifically put her out there to try to be able to claim some more moderate position knowing full well they are opposing it in reality, or that she actually has zero influence regardless of her personal beliefs.

But the fact that she's shown a willingness to be as corrupt and hypocritical as her father suggests to me that she's really just daddy's clone and not even the social liberal she likes to claim she is.

Like starting up some new foundation and soliciting foreign donors while actively serving in the White House. Seriously? Pay to play in action, and most likely a Constitutional violation.

Ivanka Trump’s new fund raises all sorts of ethical questions
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies