Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2017, 10:30 PM

7,343 posts, read 4,366,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Nothing's been renegotiated.
I know. I never said it had. What are you even talking about?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2017, 10:31 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
I know. I never said it had. What are you even talking about?
About like Trump....Make a statement without actually saying anything.

Old 04-26-2017, 10:33 PM

7,343 posts, read 4,366,656 times
Quote:
About like Trump....Make a statement without actually saying anything.
Lol some great free entertainment around here.

Old 04-26-2017, 10:46 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,958,731 times
Quote:
It's odd how the last two presidents have seemed to toss aside the things I actually liked about there proposal's when they were still just a candidate.

Same old, same old it would seem.
Follow the money and look at their donors. Its the ruling donor class that set policy. Politicians that serve their financial overlords will not serve the 99%.

Old 04-26-2017, 11:12 PM

7,680 posts, read 5,526,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
So in one day he brought both countries to the table to renegotiate?

That's pretty good.

Hardline tactics. It's called positioning and negotiating.
B.S.

From an article dated November 10 last year:

Quote:
Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said today that he is willing to reopen NAFTA, noting that “it’s important that we be open to talking about trade deals.†And in a conference call with reporters on Wednesday, David MacNaughton, Canada’s ambassador to Washington, said, “We’re ready to come to the table.â€
Trudeau Tells Trump He's Ready to Renegotiate NAFTA

Also the Mexican government has said it can't conclude a NAFTA deal after the first quarter of next year. Mexico has an election in July 2018.

Both Canada and Mexico have been waiting on Trump to get the ball rolling.

Old 04-27-2017, 01:12 AM

29,218 posts, read 22,357,274 times
Trump didn't know his butt from an applecart until he was in office and actually learned a few realities.
He's still learning.

What he's doing now is how he has operated all his life. He starts out at an extreme, and then negotiates to the middle. If that doesn't work, he takes what he can get.

We've already seen this in everything he's done except for a few Executive Orders.

Personally, I'm just happy the guy is as malleable as he is. If he stuck stubbornly with half of the BS he promised, we would all be in a huge mess today with only worse to come tomorrow.

If he frustrates and disappoints his voters, that's their problem, but it sure ain't mine. I didn't vote for him. And if you don't like how he's acting, then don't vote for him again. Hiring a rank amateur for a professional's job was stupid.

Old 04-27-2017, 01:36 AM

14,679 posts, read 14,641,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Trump didn't know his butt from an applecart until he was in office and actually learned a few realities.
He's still learning.

What he's doing now is how he has operated all his life. He starts out at an extreme, and then negotiates to the middle. If that doesn't work, he takes what he can get.

We've already seen this in everything he's done except for a few Executive Orders.

Personally, I'm just happy the guy is as malleable as he is. If he stuck stubbornly with half of the BS he promised, we would all be in a huge mess today with only worse to come tomorrow.

If he frustrates and disappoints his voters, that's their problem, but it sure ain't mine. I didn't vote for him. And if you don't like how he's acting, then don't vote for him again. Hiring a rank amateur for a professional's job was stupid.
Pretty much agree with you. As long as he doesn't get us into any stupid wars, let alone get us all killed, I can stomach him for four years. Hopefully not too much environmental damage will be done along the way.

Old 04-27-2017, 01:52 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,294,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Trump never said that pulling out of NAFTA was the only option.

You whine in the thread that reported he was pulling out of NAFTA, now you whine about the decision to not pull out.
It's better just to admit when Trump is wrong rather than resort to this incredibly weak retort; it just makes you lose credibility. Trump backtracked. Just admit it and move on. No need to pull something out of your $#$# just because "Trump is your boy"

Silly

Old 04-27-2017, 01:57 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,294,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
He's still learning.

I disagree

I don't think he deliberately negotiated toward the middle. He was intimidated and reversed course. He was simply scared by the negative ramifications of pulling out of NAFTA. He essentially lost at the negotiating table and back tracked. So much for the "deal maker"

Old 04-27-2017, 02:10 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,120,803 times
Why would he care either way? He came to strike deals for his personal business ventures (which he has not distanced himself from, btw) and his parasitic kids and their enterprises. He will leave ahead of the game and much richer than he was when he came in. NAFTA is inconsequential to him so he will rely upon others to deal with NAFTA and negotiate whatever. He hands over responsibilities to whomever they tell him is best suited to handle it and is just play acting in this ultimate charade.

Last edited by sickofnyc; 04-27-2017 at 02:29 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies