Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2017, 09:37 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,830,847 times

Advertisements

N. Korea is not Trumps war...that tyrant up there wants to nuke us. Would you like to get nuked?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2017, 09:39 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Let's face it, there is no more "sending." We have an all volunteer military.

This said, I have several friends and loved ones who are currently serving in the Marine Corps. I respect their choice.

Old 04-28-2017, 09:41 AM

20,109 posts, read 9,023,728 times
8 years of Obama

8 years of war

Old 04-28-2017, 09:41 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
N. Korea is not Trumps war...that tyrant up there wants to nuke us. Would you like to get nuked?
He can't even keep the street lights on. Iraq was supposed to be a threat also.......it wasn't and in reality, they at least had the funds to carry out a war.

Old 04-28-2017, 09:49 AM

4,798 posts, read 3,509,747 times
Lets see. Yes.
I would fight for my country. Obviously OP is not wanting to protect his country safety or support its allies , so we can maintain our lifestyles, resources, etc.
Op would probably leave his house open to undocumented unvetted refuggees too, because it makes OP feel better.
War isnt a choice right off the bat. But if someone threatens the USA, its allies, our resources, well, we are going to have to stop them. Whatever it takes.
And, I would go back in the service and do it all over again.
We are very fortunate we have a choice to serve, with the exception of the draft in Vietnam, rarely have we forced anyone to join.

Old 04-28-2017, 10:03 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Let's face it, there is no more "sending." We have an all volunteer military.

This said, I have several friends and loved ones who are currently serving in the Marine Corps. I respect their choice.
Yes, let me add our sons and daughters "send" themselves.

Old 04-28-2017, 10:35 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,636,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
So, if Trump decides to go 200% against his promises to stay out of foreign adventures - and therefore starts up a number of conflicts including N. Korea, the ME, etc.

Would you give any advice to your children regarding signing up for participation in the mass killings of people 1/2 way around the world...who didn't actually do a thing to your country (except flap their gum?)

I certainly wouldn't.

I can understand those who are already signed up and/or those who want a career in fighting. But on the other hand we clearly have an indecisive madman at the helm who present a danger to even the basics of world peace (yes, the world is actually peaceful in a relative sense)...

Walk softly and carry a big stick. I don't think it was worded "threaten everyone each day and then tell them you actually like them and maybe can negotiate.

Politics and Warmongering aside - we simply can't afford it. Even the Pentagon said we can't fight more than one war at once - and that's with 20 TRILLION in debt (and going up).

What a mess! Obama is starting to look like e deserved that Nobel Prize.
if trump starts a big war, i will ship my kids to the EU to finish school. I would not want them to even consider joining and a big war would likely need a draft.

I hope that the US stops the war mongering is has been a disaster for us.

Old 04-28-2017, 10:40 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,636,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
kim and NK is crazy. But they don't want a war, they want a fake enemy forever. you might want to spend some time on this. For hundreds of years, nope, thousands . Nations create fake enemies to distract the public and get them to think that things are scary and that we must stay the course.

Trump is using KIM to make himself look effective and to bolster his supporters. The only way we will have a war with NK is by mistake, however that does happen and if it does, you may forget the USA ever being the world leader again. The war would costs us the last of our treasure and countless american and korean lives.

Old 04-28-2017, 11:11 AM

4,344 posts, read 5,798,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
So, if Trump decides to go 200% against his promises to stay out of foreign adventures - and therefore starts up a number of conflicts including N. Korea, the ME, etc.

Would you give any advice to your children regarding signing up for participation in the mass killings of people 1/2 way around the world...who didn't actually do a thing to your country (except flap their gum?)

I certainly wouldn't.

I can understand those who are already signed up and/or those who want a career in fighting. But on the other hand we clearly have an indecisive madman at the helm who present a danger to even the basics of world peace (yes, the world is actually peaceful in a relative sense)...

Walk softly and carry a big stick. I don't think it was worded "threaten everyone each day and then tell them you actually like them and maybe can negotiate.

Politics and Warmongering aside - we simply can't afford it. Even the Pentagon said we can't fight more than one war at once - and that's with 20 TRILLION in debt (and going up).

What a mess! Obama is starting to look like e deserved that Nobel Prize.
Let me put this in another aspect for you. The aspect that is my reality. We have not left the middle east, we have troops and some with their families in S. Korea. All this hoopla that the news has been fussing about there being an increase in military presence (especially from the US) in March/ April....it's for training. They do it every year. Don't let the news media put that fear in you. Oh and I can guarantee you I will hear about how exactly it is this weekend when a couple of friends who were over there for a few weeks of the training come to the house for a birthday party.

Reality: At the age of 18 in the US males are suppose to sign up for Selective Service. It's actually a law.

Does any mother want their son/daughter to sign up for the military? No they don't but reality is that if they feel the need to do so, then I will support my kids.

About half our our country's 20 trillion in debt was under Obama. When Obama left office the debt was $19,944,429,217,106. Today the US debt is $19,846,044,436,483.65. So how is that going up?

The situations that are going on that you are hearing more about have been going on for quite a while. It's just now they seem to be coming to a little bit of a head. This has been a ticking time bomb for YEARS....even before Obama. The hell our guys are going through right now in Afghanistan....they went through it last year when Obama was in office. You just didn't hear about it. The big difference/exception? Trump. They are on him worse that flies on poop. The man can't even sneeze wrong without the media making a big deal about it. Some are still so butt-hurt over the election results because they reported things so wrong. We all saw it.

Old 04-28-2017, 11:24 AM

78,417 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
No, I would not. It appears to me that he is eager to get us into confrontations that could be avoided.
So, you're attacking him for actions derived from speculation.

Also, Trump hasn't done anything much differently than Obama so far in terms of bombings etc.

Considering you're clearly a partisan (D) of course you think that Trump talking about sanctions = imminent war but when Obama did it you thought it was wise diplomacy etc.

Surge baby surge! Do you even remember that or did you block it out mentally?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies